Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 20:16   #91
BHPian

Re: Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)

Dieseldunk.

Do you really want to put up RE70 as it is a reflective film. From what I have read and advised by Balaji, and would make it difficult for the oncoming traffice and hence CR70 is a better option and it is supposed to be legal (70% VLT is approved by the RTO) and you shouldnt have issues right?
Old 25th February 2011, 23:30   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I had a job done at CarzSpa and the work was terrific. But expensive.
I wanted a cheaper option. Around 500 would have been a good price. Just better than what I would be able to do.

Am planning to ask this Thejas Autospa in Royapettah.

^Can you please post back with impressions and details once you do ?
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Dieseldunk.

Do you really want to put up RE70 as it is a reflective film. From what I have read and advised by Balaji, and would make it difficult for the oncoming traffice and hence CR70 is a better option and it is supposed to be legal (70% VLT is approved by the RTO) and you shouldnt have issues right?
Thanks mate

Actually I had intended to put CR50 but put RE70, in my msg. anyways am planning to chk it out with Balaji , is there any car parking issues if so first will go in bike and then decide.

thanks once again. Where do you stay in Chennai (if i can ask)

rgds
DP
Old 7th March 2011, 14:51   #94
BHPian

Hi any idea on the cost of a laminated floor mat (full carpet) for a swift and the cost if available at Balaji or elsewhere
pl help thanks

rgds
DP
Old 7th March 2011, 14:58   #95
BHPian

@Dieseldunk: If you are asking for a PVC full mat, most accessory shops will do it and don't think Balaji will have it. Cost range from Rs. 1000-2000 for a Swift size car. I got my Manza done for Rs. 2K at Motozone in Sembakkam.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:34   #96
BHPian

Finally did the tints for glasses from 3M (Shri Balaji Agencies, Teynampet, Opp SIET College, Chennai).
Balaji Agencies is the sole distributor of 3M films for entire Tamilnadu.

Front Windsheild : CR70
Sides/Back : RE35

CR70 has 59% heat rejection and 70% visible light transmittance
RE35 has 56% heat rejection and 37% visible light transmittance

Total Cost :
CR70 - Rs. 6500
RE35 - Rs. 5670

I got a discount of 10 percent from the above listed price. I paid Rs.10,953 in total.

At 3M, prices were classified in to 4 - small, medium, large & Extra Large.
Linea is under 'extra large' along with Laura, Superb, Accord etc which puts it in the highest price bracket (City & Vento are Large; Manza is medium).

Note to all Chennai friends :
1. 3M prices were increased effective 1/March.
2. Sri Balaji Agencies is relocating to Guindy Industrial Estate effective next month.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:52   #97
BHPian

@Dieseldunk: Apologies. I may be wrong with respect to Balaji on PVC mats. Balaji Associates (same group as Balaji Agencies) have an outlet in Guindy Industrial Estate and they do PVC Mats. Perhaps Balaji Agencies is moving to the same location.
Old 9th March 2011, 09:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
@Dieseldunk: Apologies. I may be wrong with respect to Balaji on PVC mats. Balaji Associates (same group as Balaji Agencies) have an outlet in Guindy Industrial Estate and they do PVC Mats. Perhaps Balaji Agencies is moving to the same location.
Yes; Balaji Agencies is moving to Guindy Estate which is a 5 storeyed building. All associate companies of Balaji are in that building.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi any idea on the cost of a laminated floor mat (full carpet) for a swift and the cost if available at Balaji or elsewhere
pl help thanks

rgds
DP
My 2 cents - Instead of PVC, you might want to try out the 3M PU carpets (not sure if we are discussing the same thing though, attaching a pic below). I have them on my Esteem for the last 6+ years and have no qualms whatsoever. Got them done at Balaji Agencies for around 3.5k then. Should be a tad expensive now. I would say it is worth the money spent and lasts a lifetime. Am planning to get these for my Civic as well shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)-25112009303.jpg  

Old 9th March 2011, 13:09   #100
BHPian

@rr_Zen: I remember now. Balaji offers this 3M PU mat for the cars and not PVC Would like to know how PU mats fare in muddy conditions? The reason why I went for PVC mats is to protect the original carpet and for ease of cleaning as there is lot of mud in the area where I live in that invariably gets into my car.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have been using these PU mats for the last 6+ years and they have protected my original carpet very well. As far as cleaning is concerned, all I do is to take them out once in a while and dust them by patting them on the wall to get rid of any dust/mud/sand/small stones. No hassles absolutely.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2011, 20:06   #102
BHPian

rr_Zen. Thanks.

A oval shaped bubble (and inch by 0.5 inch ) has appeared on my rear windscreen sunfilm installed at Balaji couple of months back. This is the second such instance of bubbles in this very thread. Will be taking it up with them.
Old 19th March 2011, 00:26   #103
BHPian

Hey All Recently I had been to 3M to get my car surface treated / protected. I am not new to the process, this is the 3rd time I am getting the Job done in the last 3.5 years apart from the car wash I used to do regularly at K-Force when I was in Hyd. Here are a few reasons why I would suggest you not to take your car to Balaji... 1) They have little knowledge of what they are doing: All they know is they use 3M material to surface protect. They don't know the difference between Teflon / polymer /synthetic / acrylic based protection. Not even a single person there knows what the difference is. The chief supervisor even went on to say that there is no such thing as Teflon dupont is the right term. Guess he did't realize he was talking to an engineer who knows dupont is the company that owns Teflon. 2) Although they say 3M material is used, they actually gave me a bill of Maguaire. 3) Its a detailing center where the workers / supervisors have any eye for detail. I had to be pushy but still the job did not meet my expectations. 4) They left a number of scratches after the initial scrub. Not at all a good sign. I showed the supervisor who got the coating done again but to no effect. 5) Their process of cleaning cars is not great. It does not reach hard to reach areas. 6) They have no accountability they left a big deep scratch on my car and they did not accept it. the worker cleared the scratch and rubbed it with oil infront of me to make it look like an old scratch. still no one accepted. They broke my number plate and it was difficult for me to make them agree to replace a number plate. 7) They made me pay 2800/- instead of 1700/- (normal teflon cost) and still left me unsatisfied. A BIG NO to Balaji if you love your car a bit.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:23   #104
BHPian

Hi All

Plan to have a 3M heat shield/anti glare film on the front windshield Maruti Service masters @ Guindy quoted 2500,4000,6200
Any idea on which is the best one 3M or CRe70 for the front windshield.

rgds
Prasad
Old 29th June 2011, 00:26   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi All

Plan to have a 3M heat shield/anti glare film on the front windshield Maruti Service masters @ Guindy quoted 2500,4000,6200
Any idea on which is the best one 3M or CRe70 for the front windshield.

rgds
Prasad
Would recommend Garware ICecool shield over CR70 (around Rs 3.5k). Total VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks