Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 17:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
ph03nlx , Do they have pick up service?

Or is there any other service provider who can get the waxoly / Teflon done for my swift at door step?

BTW is the Teflon really effective,One of the dealer told me that the actuall teflon is not available in india

Joshguy,

Yes they offer pick up and drop facility. Talk to Rajesh there. He will be able to explain you about thier coating.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

@Phoenix - Did you take pics of your car after the job is completed? Pics pls? Pics are just for name sake & I'm sure they would've done a good job as I wintnessed how they did on Bharat's Santro. I'm heading there somewhere mid July. I really need more attention towards my interiors than exteriors & engine bay.

PS - Guys shouldn't we open up Chennai quick meets thread?
Old 1st July 2010, 04:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Phoenix - Did you take pics of your car after the job is completed? Pics pls? Pics are just for name sake & I'm sure they would've done a good job as I wintnessed how they did on Bharat's Santro. I'm heading there somewhere mid July. I really need more attention towards my interiors than exteriors & engine bay.

PS - Guys shouldn't we open up Chennai quick meets thread?
I haven't taken any pics after the treatment - In fact I hardly washed the car, what with all the rain and stuff! Wanted to let the coating stay on before I put new swirl marks But yes, will do a photo shoot pretty soon.

Btw, the Quick Meets thread is open, just that no one is posting quick meets there!
Old 6th July 2010, 14:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting this pic from my ownership thread:

And another one of the hood, to show the sheen
Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-img_0633.jpg
Old 24th July 2010, 21:13   #50
BANNED

Phoenix ,Super pic.Is this CRDI or GLS and if its gls whats the mileage you get?
Old 25th July 2010, 00:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phoenix ,Super pic.Is this CRDI or GLS and if its gls whats the mileage you get?
It's a CRDi

Mileage is, if you wanna know about the CRDi, constantly between 13 to 15 KMPL - irrespective of if it is City or Highways. City, coz of the bumper to bumper roll, and highways coz you cannot keep her under 140's

I am headed to Carz Spa sometime on Sunday or Monday, as the recent rains have lashed out on my black beauty with so much sand and dirt, that I would end up scratching the paint if I tried washing it off!
Old 26th July 2010, 20:32   #52
BHPian

What must be done to remove those black spots that appear on the paint from emissions of other vehicles?
Old 26th July 2010, 22:23   #53
BHPian

Pras@, I assume you are talking about the black spots, mostly towards the bottom part of the doors and edges...at CarzSpa, IIRC, they used diesel for same. I think I have read in this forum as well as general hearsay, that kerosene can also be used. Guys, correct me if I wrong.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:28   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
What must be done to remove those black spots that appear on the paint from emissions of other vehicles?
Both petrol or diesel can be used to remove it ,but dont rub too hard as you may damage the protective layer in your paint

@ph03n!x what camera are you using ? the photo has come well.
Off topic why dont you help me buy a nice canon slr?

Last edited by joshguy : 26th July 2010 at 22:30.
Old 26th July 2010, 23:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ph03n!x what camera are you using ? the photo has come well.
Off topic why dont you help me buy a nice canon slr?
Its a EOS 500D

One tip for you while shopping for DSLRs - Black Friday deals! You get stuff 40% or 50% cheaper (than in India) in the US during the Thanksgiving - Black Friday sale.

The choice of camera, of course, is a whole different topic - we have a DSLR thread discussing the choices and buying decisions. But when you buy a DSLR, you are buying a platform - I bought a Canon because a few people I know have a Canon - and hence I was accustomed in using one, and also we can share lens and stuff. Had there been Nikon users around me, I would have gone for a Nikon...
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:21   #56
BHPian

Guys, I had also been to carz spa at Nandanam today. I had a look at their accessories section. Seem to be a little expensive but they have a good collection. I was a little bewildered when these guys said that they dont have any detailing products except for Armor-all (or may be megs). They didnt even have detailing clay either.

My car is around 2 months old and has a few swirl marks thanks to "Pegasus" guys, hence I requested for quote for swirl mark treatment. I was suggested for teflon coating which they said would charge 1800 rs + taxes. I guess this would anyways be done by the Balaji 3M guys. Let me enquire at Balaji also. Do you guys this so called teflon coating would be worth 1800 rs?
Old 21st October 2010, 22:08   #57
BANNED

Done Polishing !

Hi all,i got my swift polished on 9th oct,Mr Rajesh -Manager and Pawan Reddy the youngster who runs it were very friendly.They dropped me home with their skoda demo car all the way to adyar after i dropped the car for polish.i doubt if any other shop will do it.

5 Star for their service

Total charge was 2700 and included 3 step polish (1950)+engine room cleaning+under chasis+steam wash.

overall the service was excellent and car looks shining.Somehow i felt the cost could all these could be aroung 2000 or so.

4 1/2 star for the work

The accessories section is opened and has all highend brands ONLY ! Kicker,Polk,Rockport Fosgate, K&N filters, Autoform seats ,imported shampoo ect.

It is definitely expensive ,let me quote few examples.

High security number plates (not the actual one) 1200 other shops 900-1000
Autoform-u impress model - 10500 ,same model same day i got a quote for 7500.
Hella redgrill 1250 -correct pricing
K&N filter for swift D 5500 - dont know the pricing in other shops

They have also named the accessory store as MOTOMALL and They are coming up with a demo car which has all brands on it and they are planning for GPS,System ect..
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-09102010515.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 00:05   #58
BHPian

Hi Joshguy@, good to know that their service/work quality has not gone south all these months. Am planning to visit them soon for another round of cleaning.

Is the accessories section in the same place or adjacent/above the cleaning area?
Old 22nd October 2010, 05:41   #59
BHPian

Sanjay, the accessories shop is located right above the detailing and washing area. Once you leave your car for the detailing work you can go up and spend time there knowing about products.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:58   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hi Joshguy@, good to know that their service/work quality has not gone south all these months. Am planning to visit them soon for another round of cleaning.

Is the accessories section in the same place or adjacent/above the cleaning area?
The Motomall is in the 1st floor and Spa is in the ground floor.Meet rajesh and he will suggest you what service us required after inspecting your cars paint.

Here is the pic of the Motomall
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-10102010522.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks