Team-BHP - Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/83440-car-detailing-privilege-carz-spa-nandanam-chennai-8.html)

Sam, the carz spa in Coimbatore was closed long back. There are a lot of places in cbe, but not sure on who is doing well now in regard to detailing.

Not sure if bodyshop related reviews can be posted in this thread or not. Moderators, please merge if required.

I took my Cruze to Motomall for getting some tinkering and paint job done to wipe out the scratches and dents that had accumulated for the past 2 months from reckless bikers and autorickshaws. I decided to do so at Motomall as they quoted a more competitive price as compared to Sundaram Motors.

Impression:
While Sundaram Motors had me wait nearly 2 weeks before they asked me to bring my car for estimation, Rajesh at Motomall was quick to get me a slot in very short notice and also a prompt estimation. The entire discourse was courteous and punctual like returning calls and getting back with answers to queries.

Time:
The service center said the job will take 2 days, and knowing them well that means if I give the car on Wednesday, I might get it only on Monday if I am lucky. I gave the car to Motomall on Wednesday at 11:45am and they had finished their work on Thursday by 4pm. Rajesh even called up to ask me if I wanted to fix up the scratched right side ORVM.

Service:
They had washed my car spik and span. They had cleaned or vacuumed the interior. They had even tried to do a DIY kind of fix for the broken clamp of the bumper which is a common issue with the Cruze. It was fantastic. I tipped the paint guy a 100 for a job well done.

Summary:
Fully satisfied with their competitive pricing and service with regards to bodyshop.

I have booked a wash for tomorrow with Carz Spa.

I am Quoted 1500/- for Wash + wax + Steam clean for Santro. :Frustrati. It sounds expensive. I hope the same quality and workmanship remains. Will update as soon as its over

I had been to this place a couple of times. Once for putting in a woofer and this time for a set of bulbs. The Philips Extreme Power which comes in the same wattage as stock was sold for INR 600. I had to shell out 1200 for two bulbs. But am satisfied.

I feel that the service levels have gone down like any other workshop.I painted my cousin's corolla's front and back bumpers in September 2012 .There was a delay in painting process and since the vehicle was required on a particular time Rajesh just painted it and said that he would either pick up or i drop in for the finishing (polishing).From that time i called 3 to 4 time for a slot he isn't giving me an appointmentl.If at all he gives,he ask's me to come on a week day where i cannot go and neither he offered a pick up (which they voluntarily did while taking up the service and before paying the bill),No difference between a local mechanic and Carzspa.

I dont have the time to follow up with him and left is as it is ,But yes every time i see the colour difference between body and bumpers i remember of CARZ Spa's service.End of the day I have paid the full amount to them which includes Painting and finishing.MAY BE THEY WANT TO SERVICE ONLY PREMIUM CUSTOMERs:confused:

I saw a new one call CAR SPA being opened in nungambakkam opp to Loyola college (Ex Italica) ,probably will check out next time for a polish.

updating very very late, but got a fabulous job done and attention to details was excellent as usual. Will i visit again: definetly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 3037274)
I feel that the service levels have gone down like any other workshop.I painted my cousin's corolla's front and back bumpers in September 2012 .There was a delay in painting process and since the vehicle was required on a particular time Rajesh just painted it and said that he would either pick up or i drop in for the finishing (polishing).From that time i called 3 to 4 time for a slot he isn't giving me an appointmentl.If at all he gives,he ask's me to come on a week day where i cannot go and neither he offered a pick up (which they voluntarily did while taking up the service and before paying the bill),No difference between a local mechanic and Carzspa.

I dont have the time to follow up with him and left is as it is ,But yes every time i see the colour difference between body and bumpers i remember of CARZ Spa's service.End of the day I have paid the full amount to them which includes Painting and finishing.MAY BE THEY WANT TO SERVICE ONLY PREMIUM CUSTOMERs:confused:

I saw a new one call CAR SPA being opened in nungambakkam opp to Loyola college (Ex Italica) ,probably will check out next time for a polish.

I must say that I am satisfied with Privilege Carz Spa now clap:

After i wrote this review ,Rajesh and Pawan called me and apologized for the delay and insisted that i handover the car to them ASAP so that it is finished.I handed over the car to them last week and they REPAINTED the whole thing which they did in September 2012 and polished it.(even though there was another new deep scratch in the place after they painted )

I appreciate Pawan and Rajesh for their actions to the feedback,Rajesh was apologetic and was behind me for taking the car to workshop for the correction.

I am putting up the before (sept 2012) and after (Feb 2013) pictures for your reference.The Painting is as good as OE/Authorised workshop.

Once again Thank you PAWAN & RAJESH,I am sure to refer more people to this Car Spa!

Before:Sept 2012

Went to privilege motomall for sun films for my new beast - XUV.

As usual, was welcomed by Rajesh with the usual smile.
Sat with Subramanian (subbu) and explained to him my requirements - transparent film all around, budget not more than Rs. 20,000.

He laid out all available options under 3M and VKool, never pushed me beyond my budget but explained all series under these 2 brands like a professional.

Finally chose 3M CR70 (VLT - 70, TSER - 56) for the front windshield and VKool A60 ( VLT - 60, TSER - 45) for the sides and back. Surprised that A60 is lighter in shade than the CR70.

The installation was excellent, took almost 2.5 hours but the work was 10/10.
They took paid to clean the interiors, vaccumed it and handed over the car to me spic and span.

My overall rating - 10/10

Note : look out for Subbu if you are in Motomall. He took care of the car like his own.

Last Saturday's was my third visit to this outlet in past Two/Three years, earlier Swift and Honda City. This time it was for my i10 sportz AT. I have selected the exterior 3 stage polish/wax treatment and interior clean + Ozone treatment. I have taken an appointment for 10.00 AM but reached the outlet around 10.20 . Friendly store in charge verified the car and updated that he can deliver at 5.00 PM only as they faced power outage issues last day and two Premium cars on ramp in pending(As a loyal customer I was fine with the timeline even though I had prior appointment). After all the work I got delivery around 8.00 PM; they did an excellent job on cleaning the exterior(especially chrome parts).They have some space constraint and multiple times they have to take the cars from ramp to allow other cars to go in/out.

Interior Detailing quality has totally gone down as most of the things they did after I pointed out during delivery time. I have given feedback to store in charge about the lack in interior treatment quality; since he is very well mannered, soft spoken & courteous...willing to listen and who gave utmost care on exterior, I just paid whatever they asked and came back. I checked in day light next day and totally dissatisfied after seeing the accumulated dust from the corners near sun visor, cabin light glass and near hand brake. I have submitted a feedback at their site too.

Note: earlier visits I used exterior treatment alone in Carz Spa; I always did interior detailing at 3M Nungambakkom or Car Cares OMR. This time I opted here for Ozone treatment.

I wanted to change tyres for my santro and called them. They do not stock tyres. I thought they stock tyres or at least have a tie-up with someone as they stock Alloys. :Frustrati

If not investing on tyres, I felt they could tie-up with a tyre-shop and supply on commission and on-demand basis. It is just size that is important and fortunately there is no design/color choices. Tyres can be selected by looking at the tread pattern on the catalog / website.

Detailed my car with the 3 ste correction process. THe quality and results are amazing as always. Rajesh attended very well and quality of job done was excellent. It took almost 5 hours to do the whole process, but worth the wait.:thumbs up

Rating a 10/10 again. clap:

went for a car wash today and results were great as always. Good to infer that quality of workmanship has NOT gone down even years after opening.

@scopriobharath: If you had a fan club of your own, I'd probably be the first to join.

Your posts are very detailed and informative. In fact it was one such post that impelled me to contact Moto Mall for a body shop work a couple of weeks back. Then I thought I needed to get in touch with people like you, and so I joined Team-BHP.

Moto Mall Nandanam has moved to St. Thomas Mount. Its a nice place just off Kathipara Bridge on the way towards Porur. If it weren't for one of your earlier posts https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenn...chennai-6.html, I wouldn't have called Rajesh and Subramanian. They are still there. Your post is pretty old, like maybe 8 years now? But the people at Moto Mall still give some great deals. I used my Team-BHP credo to get some discounts.

I request you to visit my Introduction page: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intro...-team-bhp.html and also another page where I have updated details of the prices and stuff at the Moto Mall joint. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nt-metros.html

Considering your reputation, and seniority at Team-BHP, your participation could really drive up some buzz and interest here...probably like moths to a candle. Since you're also Chennai based, I thought I'd reach out and talk to you.

Moto Mall is a good place. I had a good experience there. I'm planning to go back and visit again.

Moto Mall Rates.xlsx

Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-20190401_151529.jpg

Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-20190401_151648.jpg

Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-20190401_152246.jpg

Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)-20190401_152401.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnKT777 (Post 4571940)
In fact it was one such post that impelled me to contact Moto Mall for a body shop work a couple of weeks back.

Based on your and many other happy BHPians' feedback I'm planning to get the long overdue body work done from Motomall.

How good is their denting work? Can they get the crease lines to perfect shape?

Because Fiat service center messed up the job here and I want the best place to get this sorted out.

I think these guys will do a good quality job with body work. I've seen completely messed up luxury cars like BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes cars getting dent work done there.....just call this guy: His name is Subramanian. His number is 9962021289. He is also available on WhatsApp on this number. Tell him that it was me- show him my posts if you like. I'm sure he'll work out something reasonable for you.

My experience with this place has been great. These guys are sincere in what they do. If you have a specific request, they'll work hard to ensure your complete satisfaction. I also trust them far more than Fiat. I recently went to VTK Fiat in Kattupakkam. This is the same service centre that was Ramkay's joint till March 2019. I got royally ripped off by the service advisor there. He cleverly billed me for parts which were never replaced. Since I was suspicious, I walked directly into the workshop and spoke to the technician. I was billed Rs. 1,360 extra for parts which were never replaced. It took me 17 days to get a refund, and these guys played me for a fool. I finally had to complain directly to Fiat India for processing my refund request.