Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 21:12   #16
BANNED

Re: Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is it possible to share what brand of seat covers you had installed for the benefit of everyone ?

i remember seeing G-Sport Brand there.
Sorry for the delay ,it is Autoform seats
Old 1st March 2011, 00:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Very well maintained shop and I also like the way the products are neatly arranged. And I did not see any sub standard product stocked with them.

But then again, shops like this tend to charge higher prices
Old 1st March 2011, 15:16   #18
BHPian

I checked with the place for a conical filter for my Baleno and they quoted me approximately 13k and when I asked them if that included the fitting charge they said no and that they will direct me to a good mechanic for that. I checked with Emperor in Cochin for the filter and they quoted me 6.5k for the conical filter and approximately another 3-4k for the fitting.

Privilege Moto Mall's prices are way too high. I have heard of high prices in big places but this is ridiculous. The price exactly double the price quoted elsewhere.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:02   #19
BHPian

I had bought jbl speakers from them 2months back. i agree that they are too pricey.had to haggle a lot to bring down the price to market rates

they claim to be selling original with b/w etc.

the product range available with them is pretty good.will do them good if they face the reality and match the prices of the products to the market rates.
Old 8th March 2011, 18:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Comparing the prices of a well -maintained showroom like Motomall with smaller shops (in size, not necessarily the volume of business) and G.P. Road is not fair - you get a certain value that you will not get from such places, like peace of mind that you are getting original, that you won't have a warranty issue, the kind of service you get, etc.

That said, some of the prices quoted here (twice the normal) were way too high, I checked with the folks at Motomall. Indeed, there was some amount of oversight in what we have been discussing - there were different models (of conical air filters, for example), at different price points.

I have invited Pavan, who owns the place to declare himself as such and participate in this discussion and clarify things up...

Last edited by ph03n!x : 8th March 2011 at 18:35.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:40   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Comparing the prices of a well -maintained showroom like Motomall with smaller shops (in size, not necessarily the volume of business) and G.P. Road is not fair - you get a certain value that you will not get from such places, like peace of mind that you are getting original, that you won't have a warranty issue, the kind of service you get, etc.

That said, some of the prices quoted here (twice the normal) were way too high, I checked with the folks at Motomall. Indeed, there was some amount of oversight in what we have been discussing - there were different models (of conical air filters, for example), at different price points.

I have invited Pavan, who owns the place to declare himself as such and participate in this discussion and clarify things up...
Hi what is PAVANs teambhp handle?

I accept if there the logic of charging premium ,but then it has to be + 1-3% not more than that.

I am not arguing ! its just the human tendency !

Last edited by joshguy : 8th March 2011 at 21:47. Reason: add few lines
Old 9th March 2011, 03:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi what is PAVANs teambhp handle?
No idea! Lets wait for him to join in.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, here is a clarification - Pavan is not able to post in the Directory, 'Newbie' BHPians cannot until they stop being one

A few things he had wanted to say-
There are no replacement filters for the i10 from K&N until a week back
There is a CAI kit (conical) from Apollo that cost 12990
There are conical filters for the Baleno from 4.5k to 6.2k (not kit, just the filter), and the Apollo kit can also be used.

The folks at Motomall will be glad to clarify it if we find a huge difference with the pricing, give them a call.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Motomall except as a customer of Carz Spa, I gain no benefit from them except what is feel was a good rejuvenation for my car on the first birthday in June last year!
Old 10th March 2011, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Is this a private initiative or backed by some organization?
Old 10th March 2011, 15:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is a private initiative.

We are just sharing an auto accessories shop that offers good services and products. This is probably the first such shop in chennai
Old 10th March 2011, 16:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The folks at Motomall will be glad to clarify it if we find a huge difference with the pricing, give them a call.
Quite agree, I upgraded to 90/100 Hella bulbs along with relays and the price difference quoted was enormous. However after speaking to Pavan he rightly agreed to match the price quite a bit. The install was done in a very professional way without no loose wires hanging around. Some amount of premium is justified for the peace of mind we gain.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:09   #27
BHPian

I asked them specifically if it was the Apollo and they told me that it is just the Conical Filter alone. That was why I was surprised. I will go to their showroom in person over the weekend and check. A small premium over the normal small shops prices is OK since such a big place brings you the peace of mind that you can have any issue you face sorted out with them.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:44   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually, the bigger shops usually have superior economies of scale and hence, should charge lesser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Quite agree, I upgraded to 90/100 Hella bulbs along with relays and the price difference quoted was enormous. However after speaking to Pavan he rightly agreed to match the price quite a bit.
It will be better if Pavan prices reasonably to start with; the impression I'm getting is that he charges a whopping premium, only till an "informed customer" like yourself corrects him. A good business will offer reasonable prices to everyone!

As I posted earlier, I like his setup. But I'm beginning to dislike his pricing strategy.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2011, 18:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, the bigger shops usually have superior economies of scale and hence, should charge lesser.
I think you are talking about similar shops in a smaller scale - By small shops, I meant G.P Road operators, where you can get good stuff at a bargain *if* you know your stuff, and you know the person you are dealing with.

If you don't, then you will probably end up with a duplicate / refurbished (not by the factory) / without-bill stuff. There are also rackets where you get original stuff without bill (smuggled), bypassing the taxes.

But I do agree Motomall should be competitive in terms of price too, let's wait for some more user reviews.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 11th March 2011 at 18:25.
Old 15th March 2011, 19:13   #30
BHPian

Visited the shop with a couple of friends to do interior detailing of my friend's Vista . Had a long discussion with Pavan since the topic about higher prices came up as one of my friends had found the rates of a few items higher with Motomall and had fitted them elsewhere.

A few examples were Bosch wiper blades, hydraulic wheel jack, Hella Horns and the comparison was not with GP road but with another a place called XL Tyrepoint in T Nagar where my friend got the items cheaper. We compared the prices again and except for horns Motomall was slighlty on the higher sides (not much). My friend ended up fitting roots at Dhanas after enquiring about Hella in Motomall and hence the comparison was incorrect.

Compared the prices of autoform seat covers (different models) with Jewajee and it was on par. Jopasu type duster (not exactly Jopasu) cost Rs. 600 whilst Jewajee sells Jopasu at Rs. 450. Cost of 3M Blue cloth - Rs. 300 and Pavan mentioned that Balaji (authorized dealer) charges Rs. 350.

Pavan admitted that the prices may be sligthly higher (including VAT, proper bill) for some stuff than GP road/other shops but not double as it has been quoted in the forum. Pavan also showed us the conical shaped Apollo filter that caused the confusion with the prices. He mentioned that he got calls from 15 different customers enquiring him after this discussion in Tbhp.

He is a bit reluctant to post here because he was not sure whether he would have to end up justifying the prices for each product.Suggested him to post in order to clarify and also use it as good source of feedback about his shop.

Gave feedback to Pavan about my experience with them when I went there for enquiring autoform seat covers verses Jewajee. Another thing I found and forgot to update Pavan is that other people in his shops are not as knowledgeable about the products & pricing as Pavan himself and hence causes some confusion.

Few more updates on the Shop itself

1) They are taking up authorized dealership for Stanley Leather starting with OE PU seat covers. Approximate quote for PU seat covers for an SX4 -Rs 14000-15000. Waiting for Stanley to provide trained fitters/training for their staff to do steering covers, door pads and other stanley product and intending to offer the fully Stanley products soon.

2) A paint shop in the coming weeks

3) They don't have any franchises anywhere and they are different from Carz Spa in other cities. Privelage is their own brand name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks