Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 11:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
If there is any such agreement between them, then Daimler must wait until the expiration of the agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Why not from Bharat Benz? Maybe a non-compete agreement? Maybe it's not the product they want to sell at the moment? Only they know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphere View Post
I had driven a 2012 MB sprinter front drive and it was amazing , agile responsive and powerful. It was an absolute joy to ride it. I mean i loved it and perhaps love to own one. It a great lifestyle vehicle or even otherwise as a workhorse.
But I cant for the love of god understand why wouldn't Mercedes Benz India or Bharat Benz themselves bring their superior Sprinter Van to India. For what i reckon it would bring around a market transformation similar to what BharatBenz did with commercial trucking in India.
Notwithstanding non-Compete agreement, Anything with Merc or Benz badge will be heavy on pockets when it comes to A.S.S. services & repairs.
Having said that I have never seen a FORCE vehicle being repaired at road-side workshop.

I have also always wondered why FORCE provides puny tyres, I mean they look really puny on the HULK structure of Traveller.

Regards-SS
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 11:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Trust me - the tyre size is not decided based on this exclusively. Its the costing that takes the decision. Larger wheels = costlier tyres, some higher spec suspension components to work with the heavier wheels and so on. It has cost implications. This new version is earmarked for SAARC, Africa market export at the beginning. These are extremely cost sensitive markets & every penny saved matters.

In case its not clear - I am not saying Force has made a definitively unsafe vehicle! I'm saying there surely is a compromise & larger wheels are always better for a heavy people carrying vehicle that can do high speeds. Larger wheels make ride much better in such vehicles as well. Smaller potholes are simply ridden over with wheels not entering them at all. This reduces a lot of bumps, makes life easier for suspension as well as occupants.
Very well put. I have nothing to add to this. Engineering is basically finding a compromise between contradictory requirements. If customers complain that ride, stability, safety or other essential characteristic is bad, then we will know that the engineering compromise was made favouring cost.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 11:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Notwithstanding non-Compete agreement, Anything with Merc or Benz badge will be heavy on pockets when it comes to A.S.S. services & repairs.

Regards-SS
Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles are sold under the Bharat Benz trade mark in India. They cannot be more expensive than their competitors if they want to do business. I can't comment on North India, but they have already made many inroads in the South Indian truck market. Plenty of them visible on the highways.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 11:36   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have also always wondered why FORCE provides puny tyres, I mean they look really puny on the HULK structure of Traveller.
You're right there. I was amused to discover that the Traveler and the TUV 300 use the same spec tyres (235/75/R15). This also probably explains how TUV 300 owners get decent prices when exchanging their used tyres for news ones. Never have I seen people getting even a single Rupee for their used hatchback or sedan tyres before! I'm guessing that Force Traveler operators pick up these used tyres and use them till their total destruction.
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
You're right there. I was amused to discover that the Traveler and the TUV 300 use the same spec tyres (235/75/R15). This also probably explains how TUV 300 owners get decent prices when exchanging their used tyres for news ones. Never have I seen people getting even a single Rupee for their used hatchback or sedan tyres before! I'm guessing that Force Traveler operators pick up these used tyres and use them till their total destruction.
Sizes may be the same, but the load carrying capacity requirement would certainly be different on the TUV300 and Traveller. I have seen Traveller having ply tyres.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 10:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Gurus, Can this be registered as a PRIVATE vehicle??
I am sold on it & would start building my dream van.

Regards-SS
Old 31st January 2020, 11:55   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am sold on it & would start building my dream van.

Regards-SS
I've asked this question on the forum before. We have a member from Kerala who owns a Traveler and he said that registering such a van is allowed for us folks as a private vehicle. The only catch is that it has to be of a 9+1 configuration or lesser.

I like the way you think sir, by the way. A van has been on my mind as well
Old 31st January 2020, 12:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I've asked this question on the forum before. We have a member from Kerala who owns a Traveler and he said that registering such a van is allowed for us folks as a private vehicle. The only catch is that it has to be of a 9+1 configuration or lesser.
Go a bit soft on me for asking this noob question. What laws prevent a vehicle from being privately owned?. Why is it that max pax capacity has to be limited to 9+1 or lesser?.
Old 31st January 2020, 12:27   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Go a bit soft on me for asking this noob question. What laws prevent a vehicle from being privately owned?. Why is it that max pax capacity has to be limited to 9+1 or lesser?.
I remember having seen a white plate Tempo Traveler inside the gargantuan premises of the late Hon'ble Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalitha's mansion. She would use it on the campaign trail rarely. And the un-ubiquitous Marwari community in Chennai has a stereotypical habit of owning a white board autorickshaw per family for their family use (they would never waste money on a car).

So I don't think anything has prevented a vehicle from being privately owned. It's just that most of us haven't had the money to own a personal van or the heart to deploy an autorickshaw instead of a car for family usage.

As for why the RTOs ask that a private can be of 9+1 or lesser...it beats me.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I like the way you think sir, by the way. A van has been on my mind as well
Thanks man.
Look at @van.lifer on Instagram. Its what dreams are made of.

Regards-SS
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 18:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Awaiting this vehicle to launch seriously! I would definitely try and buy one and make it a motor home. Sharing a video by Force Motors.

AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 14:15   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop: Force Motors' All-New T1N BS6 Diesel Van!

Big thanks to Autospy for sending these pics over.

Earlier this year, Force Motors took the covers off their all new T1N Van at the 2020 Auto Expo. Developed with an independent front suspension and a monocoque chassis and underpinned by an all-new platform which can be powered by either a BS6 diesel, a CNG or an all-electric powertrain, this new T1N van is supposed to be launched in India by end-2020.

Spotted here is the completely uncamouflaged BS6 diesel iteration of the T1N van which is powered by a BS6-compliant 2.6L diesel heart pumping out 114BHP and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The T1N van is supposed to carry 14 passengers (excluding the driver).

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0025.jpg

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0024.jpg

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0029.jpg

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0027.jpg

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0026.jpg

Force Motor's next-gen monocoque bus, the T1N unveiled-img20200730wa0028.jpg

With a developmental cost said to be close to Rs 1,000 crores, this new van will be made available in both medium & long wheelbase formats, and will be equipped with twin airbags, ABS + EBD, all-disc brakes, crash & rollover protection, pedestrian protection, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, LED taillights, an infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and three AC units.
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 15:34   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Force Motors' All-New T1N BS6 Diesel Van!

Game changer.

Yeah, really uncertain times. But this is one launch that we can say would be a success and turn out to be the de rigueur mode of transport for.....almost everything that a big van is supposed to do in a society.

In contrast to the sorry attempt that Tata did with the Winger.

That is if they are going to replace the present Traveller with this!!!
And not go for the side by side two generations that our market is plagued with.

psstt... psstt...not to say. Perfect platform for my dream caravan!!! First gen late 90s sprinter

Last edited by DicKy : 31st July 2020 at 15:38.
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 18:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

I can see my VAN-LIFER dream coming true with this. The side sliding door was OPTIONAL in 3050 but here it seems to be standard & that is why it makes it ideal for VAN-LIFER concept. Hell, my brain is already in overdrive planning the interiors and the roof setup.

As always with all of FORCE Travellers, the tyres look puny against its hulk size and those RIMS are Ewww.. I hope that those rims are on testing vehicle only.

The front grill design is worth modding to individual tastes. Mine would be mesh grill with LED bar behind it - right int the middle. I have a lot going in my head right now.

Regards.
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 18:26   #60
BANNED

Simply stunning. Just needs good fat tyres and wow!!
Kudos force motors..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks