Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 12:24   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai to Bangalore in KPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all

I planned for a weekend trip to bangalore and booked KPN as it starts right from Adyar itself...

...Over all i would rate the journey 3/5
There's a far far better service that starts from Adyar - Roadlink India Travels. They have one of the best maintained Volvos, always reach on time, and have very cordial crew.

Stay away from KPN in Chennai-Bangalore route, IMO. Not VFM these days
Old 29th April 2011, 13:43   #782
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai to Bangalore in KPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
There's a far far better service that starts from Adyar - Roadlink India Travels. They have one of the best maintained Volvos, always reach on time, and have very cordial crew.

I think KPN on the whole has gone really bad not necessarily the Chennai - Bangalore route. It would be better to even take the ABT from Guindy rather than take up KPN just because they start from Adyar.
Old 29th April 2011, 14:27   #783
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

+1 to that.

KPN has gone really bad. 2 weeks back I took KPN A/C Sleeper from Coimbatore to Bangalore .The curtain rod placed next to berth was rattling like hell - same was the case in the entire bus. I couldn't sleep at all.

As far as I know, KPN charge a premium on all routes, compared to other service providers like A1 Travels,No. 1 Air etc.

Avoid KPN as much as possible.
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:30   #784
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I need to travel from Chennai to Hyderabad tomorrow. I must reach Ameerpet as early as possible on 4th morning.. Can anyone suggest what is the earliest arriving/punctual services between Hyd and Mas?
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:50   #785
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

I didnt take it because it is little far from my house say 2kms and KPN was walking distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I think KPN on the whole has gone really bad not necessarily the Chennai - Bangalore route. It would be better to even take the ABT from Guindy rather than take up KPN just because they start from Adyar.
Srikanth you are right but for Ashokleylans they charge 600 i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
+1 to that.

KPN has gone really bad. 2 weeks back I took KPN A/C Sleeper from Coimbatore to Bangalore .The curtain rod placed next to berth was rattling like hell - same was the case in the entire bus. I couldn't sleep at all.

As far as I know, KPN charge a premium on all routes, compared to other service providers like A1 Travels,No. 1 Air etc.

Avoid KPN as much as possible.
I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Hi,

I need to travel from Chennai to Hyderabad tomorrow. I must reach Ameerpet as early as possible on 4th morning.. Can anyone suggest what is the earliest arriving/punctual services between Hyd and Mas?
Guess Kesineni(6pm and 7 pm fare ranging from 900 to 1400) is the best for that route or APSRTC Volvo (6:30 Pm and 7:30 Pm) and govt fare is Rs 834

Last edited by joshguy : 3rd May 2011 at 11:57.
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:22   #786
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Booked Kesineni Multiaxle Volvo 7.30pm depart from Koyambedu and the fare is Rs. 1000. Hope it will reach on time.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:30   #787
Senior - BHPian

I have to travel from Mysore to Ooty on the 24th of May. What are the best options? Do I have to book tickets in advance?
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:45   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have to travel from Mysore to Ooty on the 24th of May. What are the best options? Do I have to book tickets in advance?
There are lots of KSRTC/TNSTC buses from Mysore to Ooty. You can reserve in advance for the KSRTC buses - the journey time is around 5 hours.

KSRTC operates Express, Rajahamsa and Airavat services to Ooty.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:58   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Any personal experiences here on APSRTC Volvos? I have seen them in only shoddy state, can't remember even a single well maintained example. By contrast, during the last year when I was a regular Blr-Mys traveler, never did I come across a badly maintained KaSRTC Volvo! One bad piece I encountered a few weeks back on Hyd-Blr route.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:15   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...but for Ashokleylans they charge 600 i guess
Once you travel in that Ashok Leyland bus, you will realize that it's worth the money. Trust me, their fleet is one of the best maintained ones, and those buses are far more comfortable than most of the Volvos and Isuzus.

Quote:
... Guess Kesineni(6pm and 7 pm fare ranging from 900 to 1400) is the best for that route or APSRTC Volvo (6:30 Pm and 7:30 Pm) and govt fare is Rs 834
I don't know the state now, but my experience with Kesineni was bad. It was in November 2010, and I travelled in their 8pm bus from Chennai Walltax road. I reached JNTU at 12:30pm. The bus was in a shoddy state.

Most of the APSRTC buses look like mangled tin cans from the outside. Volvos included. I don't know about the interiors or ride quality as I've never travelled in an APSRTC interstate bus.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:57   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
There are lots of KSRTC/TNSTC buses from Mysore to Ooty. You can reserve in advance for the KSRTC buses - the journey time is around 5 hours.

KSRTC operates Express, Rajahamsa and Airavat services to Ooty.
Is it necessary to book the tickets in advance? Since the date of travel will be mid-week, can we just go to the bus stand and hop in to any bus?
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:07   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Is it necessary to book the tickets in advance? Since the date of travel will be mid-week, can we just go to the bus stand and hop in to any bus?
Tickets should be readily available - even for the Airavat. Since you seem to be traveling during weekdays, you shouldn't experience trouble. Reservations are just a way to ensure you are not inconvenienced .
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:32   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Srikanth you are right but for Ashokleylans they charge 600 i guess
This is the problem!
ABTx travels is the best VFM service.
Never think they are not VOlvo. There are several operators who use bare scrap volvos are cost a bomb in their tickets. This service is best when tried and not just a kind of yet an another service- the best part of AL 12M coach coupled with the better on board service.
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:39   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
This is the problem!
ABTx travels is the best VFM service.
Never think they are not VOlvo. There are several operators who use bare scrap volvos are cost a bomb in their tickets. This service is best when tried and not just a kind of yet an another service- the best part of AL 12M coach coupled with the better on board service.
I agree. ABT buses are extremely well maintained, they staff are courteous and more importantly, they are always on time!

In case of an unfortunate breakdown also, spare buses are pressed into service immediately.
Old 4th May 2011, 10:47   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I agree. ABT buses are extremely well maintained, they staff are courteous and more importantly, they are always on time!

In case of an unfortunate breakdown also, spare buses are pressed into service immediately.
ABT has started giving out a travel kit containing sleep mask and puke bag ( not sure what's the right term ! ). It has started in the last month or so I guess. They genuinely seem to look for ways of improvement. Another thing I noticed is that whenever I take their buses to chennai, they stop in front of CMBT for passengers who want to catch the local buses. For those who are aware of chennai, it's a small additional task for them but a big convenience as otherwise people have to walk down from the private travels' bus stand or get an auto which is quite difficult in the mornings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks