Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 18:22   #931
BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

I was going through this thread for any operator with a new bus in BLR-Ernakulam route. Any recommedations?
Old 29th June 2011, 18:28   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I was going through this thread for any operator with a new bus in BLR-Ernakulam route. Any recommedations?
"Newest" would be Bharathi's Mercedes. They are running a Bangalore-Alappuzha-Changanassery service. Shama was sending their new buses on this route until about a month back - now they are sending their oldest B9Rs on the Ernakulam Route.

Another alternative is the KSRTC Airavat Club Class.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 11:43   #933
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend, traveled to Kochi.

Onward journey was on 5pm dep KeSRTC Volvo which reached St. Johns at about 6pm. Staff were good and the cabin smell as we enter was great, got a feeling that it has returned after a nice service. The drive was comfortable, no rash driving but use of horn in the night was too much.
It went through L& T byepass, skipped Palghat BS and got into Trichur bus stand to drop few. Finally, reached Ernakulam BS at 4.35am.

While coming back, got a ticket on 9pm departure Palghat-Bangalore Super Deluxe air bus. It looked like many of the passengers were regular on Sundays as they were having a nice chat with the conductor/driver. They waited for a passenger (?) and finally started at 9.15pm

The driver looked quite faster and rash initially especially while overtaking others. Overall the drive was ok and it reached Electronic City at 4.15am with one break for tea.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:50   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
While coming back, got a ticket on 9pm departure Palghat-Bangalore Super Deluxe air bus. It looked like many of the passengers were regular on Sundays as they were having a nice chat with the conductor/driver. They waited for a passenger (?) and finally started at 9.15pm

I think we might've crossed each other at PLKD depot! I'd been inside, waiting for the 22:20hrs TSR-BLR AC Globus. Had a nice time bus fanning, I must say! Yeah, and I'm a regular in that SDX Airbus, but couldn't get tickets this time, and hence had to endure a bumpy ride in the Globus.

Quote:
The driver looked quite faster and rash initially especially while overtaking others. Overall the drive was ok and it reached Electronic City at 4.15am with one break for tea.
I know two drivers who generally work this schedule, and I never felt them to rash - maybe it's another guy. But reaching E-City at 4:15am leaves me The actual ETA is around 5:45am. Full 90 minutes ahead of time would mean that the driver was in a real hurry, or extremely excited or both. Which bus was it, btw - RRC973?

Last edited by silversteed : 4th July 2011 at 11:58.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:27   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I think we might've crossed each other at PLKD depot! I'd been inside, waiting for the 22:20hrs TSR-BLR AC Globus. Had a nice time bus fanning, I must say! Yeah, and I'm a regular in that SDX Airbus, but couldn't get tickets this time, and hence had to endure a bumpy ride in the Globus.

I know two drivers who generally work this schedule, and I never felt them to rash - maybe it's another guy. But reaching E-City at 4:15am leaves me The actual ETA is around 5:45am. Full 90 minutes ahead of time would mean that the driver was in a real hurry, or extremely excited or both. Which bus was it, btw - RRC973?
Hey, we missed to meet!

Now a days, I find this bus more confortable as we can have some good food at KR, non stop service and reaching Bangalore early morning gets me a quick sleep.

Sorry, I couldn't check the bus number. This time, it was quite faster than every time and I felt very uncomfortable by the way he overtook other by cutting just behind. Again, he was too fast at Avinashi stretch and deviations. It reached Salem (near Ford) at around 1am.

Last edited by coolclouds : 4th July 2011 at 12:31.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:15   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
They do wait for reserved passengers. They'd wait for upto 15~20 minutes. AC Bus conductors would call up the passenger on the mobile number provided during reservation to check up if he/she would be joining or not. KeSRTC provides a great service - only that they have very little services, and the buses are growing too old.

The Palakkad S.Dlx is always among the first to reach Bangalore - I've seen it near Bommanahalli around 5~5.15 many times.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:44   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
They do wait for reserved passengers. They'd wait for upto 15~20 minutes. AC Bus conductors would call up the passenger on the mobile number provided during reservation to check up if he/she would be joining or not. KeSRTC provides a great service - only that they have very little services, and the buses are growing too old.

The Palakkad S.Dlx is always among the first to reach Bangalore - I've seen it near Bommanahalli around 5~5.15 many times.
I used to keep Bommanahalli as boarding point on KeSRTC TVM Volvo and Thiruvalla Super Deluxe. Always, I used to get a call from conductor asking me to board from the bus stop before elevated highway so that they can proceed through the elevated flyover. I think they are using their personal phone to make these calls.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:37   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
They do wait for reserved passengers. They'd wait for upto 15~20 minutes. AC Bus conductors would call up the passenger on the mobile number provided during reservation to check up if he/she would be joining or not.
I've seen the SDX conductors too calling people on their mobile phones. And once I saw a conductor giving exact directions to the boarding point, to a lady, over the phone. I haven't seen any bus crew giving such clear-cut instructions.

Quote:
KeSRTC provides a great service - only that they have very little services, and the buses are growing too old.
Indeed a great service. They are doing the best they can with the aging buses. They might not look beautiful and bling bling outside, but the buses provide for a comfortable and safe journey, unlike many others.

Quote:
Yeah, that's right. I'm a regular in that service these days
Old 6th July 2011, 11:03   #939
BHPian

Do we have online booking for KeSTRC ?
Old 6th July 2011, 11:12   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Do we have online booking for KeSTRC ?
www.keralartconline.com
Old 6th July 2011, 14:59   #941
BHPian

I would like to get some advice on travelling between Trivandrum and Chennai. I did not find much info regarding this here. According to my limited knowledge, the major buses that ply on this route are Parveen travels' Mercedes and SRM volvo. Which do you think would be better? I have seen mixed reviews about Mercedes Coaches in T-BHP. Can any one advice me on this please?
Old 6th July 2011, 15:03   #942
Senior - BHPian

Take the SRM multi axle, the best of the lot among the Chennai - Tvm services.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:34   #943
Senior - BHPian

Try SRM non stop service (7.15 pm Departure; Rs. 1050). This should be one among the fastest services.

Last edited by coolclouds : 6th July 2011 at 16:37.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:28   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I would like to get some advice on travelling between Trivandrum and Chennai. I did not find much info regarding this here. ...
Trivandrum-Chennai route has the following operators: SRM, Rathimeena, Bharathi, Tippu Sultan, Parveen, Jeppiar and ARC. Except the last 2 operators, all others run Multi Axle buses. SRM is the fastest, followed by Rathimeena.

Last edited by binaiks : 6th July 2011 at 17:33.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 22:08   #945
BHPian

I am planning a trip from Pondicherry to Calicut on Aug30. a friend suggested that Pondicherry RTC runs a deluxe bus from Pondicherry to Mahe and also Universal travels have an A/c bus, can anyone suggest anymore travels ot either of the two??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks