Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 16:33   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
That may be true but the operator (SRS) never let me down during my previous trips with them
I wouldn't doubt the reliability of their services, but I wouldn't ever take their Chennai-Bangalore service using a Tata Hispano Globus (now available as Tata Divo) after this experience
Old 30th August 2011, 17:17   #1037
Team-BHP Support

Fellas, who's the best operator for a Bangalore - Panji journey this weekend. Requirement - Volvo or a/c, sleeper or semi-sleeper.

KSRTC is a favourite option; but there are just 2 buses so timings are restricted.
Old 31st August 2011, 16:05   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Re: Viking Auto Tranny in KPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Is this done by the customer or by AL?
If the performance of the bus is good, then i would say its the Indian answer to Volvo's i-Shift which is coming soon! How well AL can make use of this is to be seen!
Is the I shift is not AMT?
If that's AMT then AL should have different answer rather than this.
Old 31st August 2011, 16:33   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Fellas, who's the best operator for a Bangalore - Panji journey this weekend. Requirement - Volvo or a/c, sleeper or semi-sleeper.

KSRTC is a favourite option; but there are just 2 buses so timings are restricted.

VRL/Neeta/Paulo, would be my suggestion if not KaSRTC. Does MSRTC run Goa service?
Old 31st August 2011, 16:35   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just did a Bangalore-Manipal-Bangalore this weekend by Airavat.

On the way to Manipal, I was in the newer gen. Volvo B7R. Any idea if speed limiters have been installed on Volvo?

I found the engine whining at the cruising speed and that speed itself was hardly that high - must be ~80km/hr. It seemed like the bus wouldn't/couldn't go faster.
Most KSRTC buses including the B7Rs on the Bang-Mang route are abused and in very sad states of maintainance.I have seen almost brand new buses having engine failures alongside the highway.

Some problems I have faced on consecutive journeys in the last 3 months are as follows:

1- Hot Exhaust from the engine cover on the last row of seats -This is just unbearable as the heat makes you sweat and also the exhaust fumes at times
2- AC failure
3-AC failure + engine problems with the bus needing to stop after every 1 hour .The driver would start again after 30 secs ! Our bus reached along with the ALL bus that leaves mangalore ,2 hours after our bus departed
4- Water from AC vents+ No controller for AC
5-rain water seeping in

On one previous journey which I have posted somewhere here ,i woke up in the morning impressed at the slow pace done by our bus .On entering the city limits near nelmangala ,I see the driver who was sleeping behind walks up to the person who was driving the bus :O and he says ....clutch is very hard .The driver then drives off and says "you should drive this way !!"
I had written about this to KSRTC,but never got any reply

And add to it cracked windshields on all buses........ the list goes on and on
Old 31st August 2011, 16:58   #1041
Team-BHP Support

^^ Agree, vehicle maintenance is becoming quite an issue with KSRTC, don't know about other operators as I travel only with KSRTC.

A/c failure I've heard is a very common problem; I've had friends stranded due to this on numerous occasions. Worst part - once the bus breaks down, the replacement is generally the lowest service type bus in KSRTC's line-up. All my friends have caught bad cold after such breakdowns.

About the speed limiter, I think it has been imposed; I've observed this even on the Pune - Bangalore (once a race track for the Volvos).
Old 31st August 2011, 17:04   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Is the I shift is not AMT?
If that's AMT then AL should have different answer rather than this.
I believe AL's "leymatic" (in association with Wabco) would be the answer to "i-shift" if that project is still on track...because both controls/enhances the gear shifting mechanism. Maybe experts can say...
Transsenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 17:50   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is Kadamba (Goa State Transport) running a Volvo to Goa. They have online reservation as well - and the bus is a brand new 9400. Then there is the Paulo Multi-Axle. I guess Seabird too runs to Goa - but remember reading a few bad opinions about Seabird.

Kadamba might be a good option - atleast the bus is new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
VRL/Neeta/Paulo, would be my suggestion if not KaSRTC. Does MSRTC run Goa service?
Er! I guess he was asking of "Bangalore - Panaji" - where did MSRTC come into the picture here??

VRL has operations to Goa, so does Paulo. Neeta does not run Bangalore-Goa.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:06   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
There is Kadamba
Er! I guess he was asking of "Bangalore - Panaji" - where did MSRTC come into the picture here??
VRL has operations to Goa, so does Paulo. Neeta does not run Bangalore-Goa.
Sir,
1. Any idea on Shantadurga Mercs? Do they run Bangalore-Goa?
2. MSRTC as in feeder/connection between Bang-Mum-Goa services.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:12   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Any idea on Shantadurga Mercs? Do they run Bangalore-Goa?
2. MSRTC as in feeder/connection between Bang-Mum-Goa services.
Shantadurga is running only Mumbai-Goa and Hyderabad-Goa. The only service running to Bangalore is from Belgaum.

Couldn't get your point about MSRTC. Why would they run any feeder between two places not anywhere in their state?

MSRTC runs Mumbai-Goa Volvo services.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:15   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Sir, Ashwamedha or what ever it is called, runs Bangalore-Mumbai correct? So isnt it possible to have a stopover at mumbai and take the MSRTC volvo towards goa? My whole logic of taking MSRTC was to stick to SRTCs for safe and better service.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:45   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4life View Post
Or you may try Kallada G4's New B9R Multi Axle Volvo, which started its operations yesterday on Blore--Ekm--Alp--Changnacherry route. Their service till Alp using B7R's were withdrawn couple of months back.Now its been upgraded to Multi Axle service and the route is extended till Changnacherry. Attaching a PIC of the new bus...Sorry for the Poor Image Quality!!!!!!!!
Here is a clear pic of the New Kallada G4 Multi-Axle Volvo.

The route is: Bangalore-Thrissur-Ernakulam-Alappuzha-Changanassery.

The timings of this service are: Bangalore: 2130; Changanassery: 1820. They have begun online reservation on their website.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_3981.jpg  

binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 10:54   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
I believe AL's "leymatic" (in association with Wabco) would be the answer to "i-shift" if that project is still on track...because both controls/enhances the gear shifting mechanism. Maybe experts can say...
Majority of the Inputs are same between AMT and AT.
I personally prefer driving AMT, as here you have a greater control over(choice of Auto mode or manual mode when desired) the vehicle rather than just pressing accelerator in AT.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:47   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, Ashwamedha or what ever it is called, runs Bangalore-Mumbai correct? So isnt it possible to have a stopover at mumbai and take the MSRTC volvo towards goa? My whole logic of taking MSRTC was to stick to SRTCs for safe and better service.
MSRTC runs a Shivneri between Mumbai and Bangalore, not an Ashwamedha.

And taking a stop over at Mumbai to travel Bangalore-Goa is more like traveling Bangalore-London via New York.

Bangalore-Goa is about 600 kms via Karwar or via Hubli (its +/- 20 kms). At the same time, Bangalore-Mumbai-Goa is about 1500 kms.

There is are direct STU offerings between Bangalore and Goa (Airavat by KaSRTC, and the new 9400 by Kadamba).

Attaching pics of the Kadamba Volvo, and the MSRTC Shivneri that runs Mumbai-Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_4122.jpg  

Intercity Bus travel reviews-img_1718.jpg  

binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 13:54   #1050
Zed
BHPian

Are there Volvo \ other comfortable AC bus services from Mangalore to Coimbatore ( Via Ernakulam or trichur)? If yes are these day or night services ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks