Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 14:08   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
It was an AshLey Sleeper cum Seater combo. The epaper edition of ToI carried a photo of the charred bus
I am not able to open the E Paper.
Two Accidents happened yesterday
Near Trichy - Universal Travels and Govt Bus -14 killed
Near Coimbatore - Kallada Travels and Truck - 2 killed.

The first one is a seater sleeper combo omni bus I have seen fotos.
These are really scarry.Almost 50% of Govt bus is inside the omni bus
Source : Dinamalar
Intercity Bus travel reviews-large_308067.jpg

But which is Bus from Kallada met with accident. Here its told Volvo and sleeper seater combo details are shown.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:33   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post

But which is Bus from Kallada met with accident. Here its told Volvo and sleeper seater combo details are shown.
Kallada Sleeper cum Seater involved in Coimbatore accident.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:13   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Kallada Sleeper cum Seater involved in Coimbatore accident.
So both accidents are with same seater / sleeper option
Old 6th September 2011, 15:52   #1099
Senior - BHPian

It seems there was one more bus from kerala that met with an accident on the same day as the Kallada bus .No fatalities though
Old 6th September 2011, 16:04   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to open the E Paper.
Two Accidents happened yesterday
Near Trichy - Universal Travels and Govt Bus -14 killed
Near Coimbatore - Kallada Travels and Truck - 2 killed.

The first one is a seater sleeper combo omni bus I have seen fotos.
These are really scarry.Almost 50% of Govt bus is inside the omni bus
Source : Dinamalar
Attachment 605171

I had seen a link to the accident in the pic in the "Accidents in India" thread.

A pic in that link, showed the govt bus after the other bus had been removed. Almost all the seats on the driver side, except for last couple of rows had dissappeared. The govt bus was literally torn right down the middle.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:56   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

I spotted this TN State Express bus near madiwala. It doesn't have any lights behind except the reflector. Also, this bus was is in a very bad state and wondering how they are running this in Chennai - Bangalore route. These days, most of the TN State Express buses are in worst condition but still they have not been removed from the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-photo0009.jpg  

Old 7th September 2011, 10:10   #1102
Senior - BHPian

AP and TN buses compete each other on running worst buses now a days (no offense to anyone). Many of the buses found are in bad to worst condition.

Thank God! at least the above bus got a reflector.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:02   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I spotted this TN State Express bus near madiwala. It doesn't have any lights behind except the reflector. Also, this bus was is in a very bad state and wondering how they are running this in Chennai - Bangalore route. These days, most of the TN State Express buses are in worst condition but still they have not been removed from the service.
I swear arun_josie. Most of the SETC Ultra Deluxe buses are in absolutely crappy conditions right now and still being pressed into service. What I just can't understand is these buses are relatively new and came with renowned 'Prakash' bodies at almost the same time when ABT came with their buses. And now, the ABT buses are still good while this picture shows the conditions of SETC buses. Just goes to show the total lack of maintenance.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:40   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I swear arun_josie. Most of the SETC Ultra Deluxe buses are in absolutely crappy conditions right now and still being pressed into service. What I just can't understand is these buses are relatively new and came with renowned 'Prakash' bodies at almost the same time when ABT came with their buses. And now, the ABT buses are still good while this picture shows the conditions of SETC buses. Just goes to show the total lack of maintenance.

Yes, SETC doesn't maintain their buses at all, it will be good for the initial couple of months. In most of the buses the push back doesn't work at all and adding to this their speed is very less but still meet with accidents frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
AP and TN buses compete each other on running worst buses now a days (no offense to anyone). Many of the buses found are in bad to worst condition.

Thank God! at least the above bus got a reflector.
True even AP doesn't have good long route buses except their volvo buses. Wondering why TN is not buying Volvo for long routes when each and every travels have volvo buses.

Also, I should say that chennai city buses are really good when compared to the other cities.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:31   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, SETC doesn't maintain their buses at all, it will be good for the initial couple of months. In most of the buses the push back doesn't work at all and adding to this their speed is very less but still meet with accidents frequently

Also, I should say that chennai city buses are really good when compared to the other cities.

Not only in Chennai, govt buses in most of the TN cities like Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai and Salem are mostly good. Also, unlike Karnataka or AP where KSRTC and APSRTC rule the roost, TN has many regional govt transport corporations which end up competing with each other in many routes. Buses that belong to those corporations (like TNSTC Villupuram, TNSTC Salem, etc.) seem to be well maintained compared to these horribly maintained SETC buses.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:48   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What I just can't understand is these buses are relatively new and came with renowned 'Prakash' bodies at almost the same time when ABT came with their buses. And now, the ABT buses are still good while this picture shows the conditions of SETC buses. Just goes to show the total lack of maintenance.
These SETC buses came into existence since 2005, ABT is from 2007 only.
That does'nt mean that I am supporting to SETC.
They are worst maintained only
Old 7th September 2011, 20:48   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That does'nt mean that I am supporting to SETC.
They are worst maintained only
That's the point I am trying to drive in Ashley2. Seriously IMO, SETC is inflicting disgrace to Ashok Leyland & Tata by letting the buses run in such pathetic condition. But, as in most cases, nothing can be done by us to improve the reality.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:10   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not only in Chennai, govt buses in most of the TN cities like Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai and Salem are mostly good. Also, unlike Karnataka or AP where KSRTC and APSRTC rule the roost, TN has many regional govt transport corporations which end up competing with each other in many routes. Buses that belong to those corporations (like TNSTC Villupuram, TNSTC Salem, etc.) seem to be well maintained compared to these horribly maintained SETC buses.
It is better to stop SETC buses and ask the region wise transports to take care of the long routes, they are already doing a better job than SETC. Never in the history SETC was good. Only during the festival time people are forced to depend/travel in these buses.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:35   #1109
Senior - BHPian

The SETC guys have everything going for them. They have no hassels on getting permission to run on a route, they don't have to bribe RTO and Police all through the route and best of all, they don't have to pay taxes in half a dozen states.

Guess their major problems are, corruption at Bus procurement, operations and maintainance, lazy staff and the social responsibility to run on non-profitable routes

Unless those problems are addressed, guess we'll have to live with the malady
Old 8th September 2011, 10:02   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is better to stop SETC buses and ask the region wise transports to take care of the long routes, they are already doing a better job than SETC. Never in the history SETC was good. Only during the festival time people are forced to depend/travel in these buses.
SETC has gone to dogs. I remember the heydays when it was TTC. I was a regular traveller between Tuticorin - Chennai (1983 - 88) by these buses. Sometimes co-travellers hailing from other states have asked me disbelievingly if it was a Govt bus or a private one. Now they are mere rust buckets.

Last edited by Gansan : 8th September 2011 at 10:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks