Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 13:35   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Forgot to ask, Did the bus go in to the fuel station at Perundurai?
No. It didn't go for fueling.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:15   #2537
BHPian

Has anybody taken the last Volvo B9R off VRL from Bangalore to Pune/Mumbai?. I understand from their website that this bus has a pickup at Madiwala at 2030 (not van pick up). Any idea what time it reaches Hinjewadi/Wakad in Pune???

I am not very particular on VRL , but particular about boarding from Madiwala and looking at timings no earlier than 1930. Hence that rules out KaSRTC. Not too happy with Sharma either. So that leaves as options Kallada , VRL and SRS all leaving around the same time from Madiwala. Any reviews on these particular departures or any other alternatives.
Old 24th January 2013, 16:38   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Has anybody taken the last Volvo B9R off VRL from Bangalore to Pune/Mumbai?. I understand from their website that this bus has a pickup at Madiwala at 2030 (not van pick up). Any idea what time it reaches Hinjewadi/Wakad in Pune???
There was a post about this bus in one of the forums on Facebook. The person reached Pune (not sure where) at 2pm that day, and the bus reportedly reached Sion around 4.30pm (not sure - I don't think a bus can do pune to sion in 2.5 hrs during late afternoon hours). The bus does come to Madiwala - have seen it quite some times.

Quote:
I am not very particular on VRL , but particular about boarding from Madiwala and looking at timings no earlier than 1930. Hence that rules out KaSRTC. Not too happy with Sharma either. So that leaves as options Kallada , VRL and SRS all leaving around the same time from Madiwala. Any reviews on these particular departures or any other alternatives.
Kallada service has been getting good reviews on the Mumbai route. The particular bus comes in from Chennai, so beware of delays - especially with road works going on in the route. This bus normally reaches Borivali around 3~4pm (according to reports).

VRL and SRS would have more or less the same running time on the route.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 13:12   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Kallada service has been getting good reviews on the Mumbai route. The particular bus comes in from Chennai, so beware of delays - especially with road works going on in the route. This bus normally reaches Borivali around 3~4pm (according to reports).

VRL and SRS would have more or less the same running time on the route.

Thanks Binai... Kallada is a good option but the lack of alternatives in the case of a breakdown (as it is the only route for them to BOM) and more importantly the fact that it is coming from Chennai as you mentioned, is making me hesitate.

Pune to Sion in 2.5 hours in the lat afternoon is doable if it is from Hinjewadi/Wakad. I have reached Hinjewadi from Andheri in 2 1/4 hours on Neeta but that was a morning departure.

All the same I think I will stick to VRL.

Kallada day service is getting good reviews. I had taken the bus myself a few months back and reched Ankamaly by 6.30 PM. That time there was no issue with the food at Hotel Aryaas or on the cleanliness but I guess things have changed.

Last edited by TKMCE : 25th January 2013 at 13:15.
Old 25th January 2013, 13:16   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Binai... Kallada is a good option but the lack of alternatives in the case of a breakdown (as it is the only route for them to BOM) and more importantly the fact that it is coming from Chennai as you mentioned, is making me hesitate.
Don't worry about lack of alternatives - National handles Kallada's services, and in case of breakdown, the next National bus would be the rescue. The buses are fairly new, and hence chances of breakdown is less. But yes, punctuality would be an issue since the bus comes from Chennai.

Quote:
Pune to Sion in 2.5 afters in the later afternoon is doable if it is from Hinjewadi/Wakad. I have done Andheri to Hinjewadi in 2 1/4 hours on Neeta but that was a morning departure.
But this 2 hrs was including a lunch break, and VRL is not known to hit triple digit speeds to make up the lost time.
Old 27th January 2013, 13:21   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
THERE SHOULD BE SPEED LIMIT FOR ANY FORM OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT ON ANY ROAD. PERIOD. Indian roads are not autobahn.
Agree with you. Even on Autobahn's, the speed limit for buses is 100kmph!
Old 27th January 2013, 13:41   #2542
BHPian

A review of my two month old travel on the Shama Sardar Travels Luxura AC sleeper from Chennai to Bangalore.
Date : 18.11.2012
Departure:Actual/Scheduled:3.30 pm/3.30 pm

Was looking for a bus ticket for a day journey to Bangalore on Sunday 18th Nov and was surprised to see the Luxura Sleeper bus listed in red bus. Seems like a special service to clear the weekend rush after diwali. I booked the ticket with the intent of checking out the Luxura. Booked the first row left single berth with the intent of watching the driver during the journey.

Reached the OMI busstand at 3.00pm and the at the guy at the booking office counter told me the bus is already parked at the petrol bunk adjacent to the bus terminus. Had no difficulty in locating the bus which had the word Leyland Luxura written at the back. Bearing Reg no. KA 51A 9426.

In close quarters the bus build looked very good and on par with a volvo. No wonder considering that Azad had build coaches for volvo earlier. However felt the looks in the front could be improved. The drivers cabin looked a little too short probably because of the full partition behind for the sleeper cabin. The dash and the steering wheel looked good and ergonomic. The gear shift lever was mounted on a raised pod and was refreshingly different from a volvo. Was disappointed to find a door between the passenger compartment and the drivers cabin – there goes my plan of watching the driver!. I was wondering why would one need a door between the passenger compartment and the driver on a rear engine full AC coach. In a front engined one there is a need due to the presence of engine and the fact that the driver’s compartment is not AC. The interior colors were of a biege shade and had a rich look. Blankets were kept on the berths and a raised portion at one end served as the pillow.

The bus left sharp on time. The driving was sedate due to heavy traffic. The noise levels inside the passenger compartment was very low and the suspension was on part with a volvo. After crossing the city the driver picked up speeds and like a breeze reached about 85kmph. Found him driving steady at 85kmph. On a few occassions the bus crossed 90kmh but not for long since the traffic was high. On some bad patches on the road, the restrainer grille on the window side was giving a rattlle which was more or less the only noise from the body. Azad’s experience with Volvo was showing!.

Just after about 30 mts a couple of passengers went to the front and asked the driver for a bio break! The driver obliged. Thereafter in the next 30minutes there were at least 2 more stops for another 5-6 passengers. But when another passenger and a couple ( seemed to be husband and wife ) asked for a break, the driver was annoyed a little and asked them to return to their seats(berths) and wait till the next toll plaza ( we were some where close to the 2nd toll plaza before Vellore).

Then an unfortunate incident happened which gave me a taste of the brakes on this vehicle. The couple who were asked by the driver to wait had not returned to their berths and was waiting behind the drive compartment and the lady was holding onto the door keeping it partly open. For some reason the driver had to put a sudden brake and the lady was literally thrown forward through the door, her husband tried to grab her but she fell down to the floor in the drivers cabin and we could hear her cry in pain. The driver in his first reaction scolded them for not returning to their seats. Her husband got her to her feet.

In a few minutes we reached the toll plaza and the driver stopped their for bio break and asked to couple to go and get first aid at the nearby highway first aid centre. The driver went along. They returned after about 10 minutes and the journey continued. The vehicle has retarder brakes and they were really effective!- Almost volvo like. Heard the driver cursing someone for the sudden brake.

Further journey was uneventful and they did not stop anywhere. The vehicle was accelerating in a breeze to 85-90kmph and then was being drive at steady speeds. My GPS showed a max speed to 98kmph and the vehicle was just cruising without any struggle. Due to a sudden change of plans decided to get down at Hosur and was dropped at Hosur at 08.30pm after all the loss of time and traffic.

Since I don’t usually prefer sleeper buses the chances of me opting for this bus again is less. However on a seated version I would not hesitate to travel again and could be treated on par with a volvo/merc on travel comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-18112012225-copy.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st January 2013 at 04:09. Reason: Removed font tags from post.
Autokrat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 16:54   #2543
BHPian

A review of my travel SRS Travels

Route - Bangy - Chennai 3.00 PM service
Date - 25 Jan 2013

As many of you in this forum might recollect, I do the weekly Bangy Chennai trip on the KSRTC 1705 service leaving Shanti Nagar Bus stand. Last week, I did not get a comfortable seat option and hence decided to try some of the private operators. After a lot of browsing and reading reviews, I zeroed in on SRS and Parveen. I finally chose SRS for two reasons - my favorite seat #4 was available and SRS was scheduled to leave Madiwala at 3.40 PM.

Reached the SRS Madiwala office at 3.10 PM but the bus arrived late almost at 3.50 PM. After boarding all passengers, it left at 4.00 PM, 20 mins behind schedule. Since there were no pickups till Bomsandra, the driver took the BETL. I had the first scare of the journey on the BETL - Bus was speeding at 95 kmph well past the 80 kmph limit and he did a zig-zag to overtake a car from its left and a biker from his right. I thought the driver would prabably smarten up and drive a little better not knowing that worse was yet to come.

At Bomsandra he was yelling at the booking clerk who wanted the vehicle to halt for a few mins as it had arrived earlier than usual and a passenfger was just minutes away. That meant he had made up for the 20 mins loss within 20 kms!!. Why would he not coz he was driving in excess of 90 kmph with his horns blaring!

After crossing Hosur and reaching the shoolagiri ghats, the driver became more agressive with speeds touching 115kmph. If a vehicle was in front him, he would honk and scare the driver away. If that didn't work he will overtake the vehicle when he got a chance, abuse the driver and to top it all swerve into its path and corner the other vehicle.

At Krishnagiri a passenger boarded and the driver informed the local office clerk that there were no empty seats. The bus had started with 2 empty seats and the moron driver had boarded 2 wayside passengers at Silkboard itself charging them an extra 100!!!. Now this genuine (?) passenger should have objected but for some reason accepted the driver's offer to sit in the spare driver's berth at the back of the bus. This berth is just a wooden plank draped with two thin blankets and is placed behind the last row of seats and is meant for the spare driver to sleep at night / during long trips.

All the way to Chennai the driver's aggressive behavior continued. At Pallikonda the Krishangiri passenger lost his cool and raised a concern about not getting his reserved seat. Now he should have done that in the first place but only he knows why he didn't. A heated argument ensued between the passenger and the driver and the driver slammed the brakes in the middle of the road. Scared out of his wits, the passenger returned to the back of the bus and picked up a quarrel with the guy who was seated in his "reserved" seat. eventually that guy had to get up and moved to the front to complain. The moron driver while still driving at speeds in excess of 95 kmph abused the Krishnagiri passenger yelling at him all sort of expletives. Unfortunately none of us wanted to step for fear of becoming the target.

Twice after Vellore, the bus stopped less than 2 meters before crashing into slow moving trucks and twice the driver picked up quarrel with truck drivers who would not let him cut across.

After all this the bus still made it to chennai at 10.15 PM only making it a 6hr 15 mins travel - just 30 minutes less than the KSRTC service.

Thank you god for making me reach home in one piece and make me understand that KSRTC service is any day better and safer - at least the service that I regularly use. And the KSRTC crew are very passenger friendly - it would be an injustice to even compare them with the SRS crew.
cnaganathan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 23:32   #2544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
A review of my travel SRS Travels

Route - Bangy - Chennai 3.00 PM service....
I have travelled in the same service between Hosur - Chennai, a month ago. The only reason for me to choose this service was the fare was very cheap, I guess its Rs. 450. It was a 9400 4x2. Departure was on time but the first disappointment was when they stopped for tiffin near Krishnagiri. I have no words to explain about the food. One single line can be "I felt like vomiting, the moment I was served that Dosai. Reason, the foul smell from it. For that itself he took more than 20 min and by the time I went and came out of wash room, the bus was already moving. The cleaner had not counted the number of passengers inside the bus and so driver took the bus. So I need to run from the left most corner of that hotel all way till the main road, making the bus stop for me. Somehow got into the bus. But didn’t ask anything and went to my seat. It was last row (second last as the last row was a driver berth).

After some time felt like sleeping and so took one shawl from the driver berth (no shawl was given and everything was folded and kept in driver berth) and went to sleep. May be after some 30 min or so i felt someone pulling my shawl. My sleep was disturbed immediately and was looking for why that had happened. The cleaner was scolding me for taking the shawl and told these are for washing and you are not supposed to use. Then I asked for a fresh shawl. He said ‘we don’t issue shawl during day travel’. Now my anger increased many fold and I started shouting at the cleaner. Now all the passengers were looking back. But I didn’t mind and arguments were getting heated.

Me - “Un peru enna? (what is your name?)”, he - “ethukku kekareenga? (why are you asking?)”. Seri 3.30 mani Hosur Chennai trip nu ……. Kitta sonna unna avarukku theriyumla” ( if I tell its 3.30 Hosur - Chennai trip will Mr……(owner) know your name?)". I was scrolling for his number in my cell. He - “yen ethukku, enna solla poreenga (why and what you are going to tell?)'. But before I could say something he said, ok take the shawl, no problem. Now the turn was mine and I started to shout at him. Finally I compromised but asked for a fresh shawl instead of that. Immediately one was given and no questions were asked.

I do have a very wide tolerance limit and only when the threshold level is met I need to go over board. In this case, even if he has not given me shawl I would not have got angry. Since he forcefully plucked it from me while I was sleeping without even having any common sense, irritated me and so all this.

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2013 at 12:20. Reason: Correcting typos
Ashley2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 07:32   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Had a back-to-back KSRTC Airavat Club Class journey on Bangalore-Thrissur-Bangalore route over the weekend.

Outbound: 2111BNGTRC Airavat Club Class (Volvo) on January 24, 2013
The bus was KA-01-F-9346 - the very same bus, with the very same crew as my last Airavat CC ride

Started off late from Shantinagar due to a late arriving passenger, delayed parcel loading and absolutely awful traffic outside. Left Shantinagar only at 2129 instead of 2111 (thats not a delay for KaSRTC). After a series of pickups at Dairy Circle, St. Johns (where more than 50% of the pax got in) and Electronic City, the driver hit the highway at 2222hrs (not bad - less than an hour from SNBS to E.City). I dozed off by the time the bus reached Hosur. Woke up when they announced a dinner break - at 2358hrs! We were at Chinnar A2B instead of Krishna Inn Shoolagiri (may be the former shut by the time we reached, or it was too crowded). I slept off even before the bus started off from the halt. Woke up at 0533 when the crew announced the next break - tea break at Ettimadai. We started from there at 0543. Went to Palakkad BS - 0622hrs. Finally dropped outside Sakthan Nagar Private BS in Thrissur at 0750hrs - delay of a good 2hours and 5 minutes! The bus took 10hours and 21 minutes to run 464.1kms (distance noted from the bus' trip computer) - too high by any stretch of imagination.

I absolutely hate taking KaSRTC buses for Bangalore-Kerala runs - they are absolutely not bothered about punctuality on this stretch - delays over an hour is fairly common.

Return: 1828EKMBNG Airavat Club Class (Mercedes Benz) on January 27, 2013 (Boarding Thrissur)

The bus is scheduled to arrive Thrissur at 2040 - I had no hopes of it reaching before 2100hrs. But I did reach the BS by around 2025hrs. My colleague was traveling by the 2131hrs bus - we met at the BS and were at one corner of the BS. My bus pulled in at 2048hrs - I was shocked. The clock in the bus was 11 minutes slower than by phone - so the bus was at Thrissur by 2037hrs (their time!!). Boarding was chaotic - passengers for three different buses flocked to this one (2040 bus - this one, then 2128 - Special, and 2131 - the regular Thrissur starting bus). It took a lot of time to finish boarding - the BS itself was chaotic, adding to the misery. Finally left Thrissur BS at 2113hrs (all times as recorded from my phone). [Edit: The bus was KA-01-F-9260 - from the first lot of Merc multi-axles. It had over 2.1lakh kms on the odo]

Sometime later a passenger calls up to find if we had reached Thrissur - we were past Mannuthy (Thrissur bypass) by then!! The driver replied that we cannot wait since we were already far, and asked him to report immediately to their office in Thrissur (KaSRTC has an office at Thrissur now - perhaps the only office they run in Kerala). He said that the office would arrange to send him in the next bus. The caller was in no mood to listen - he kept asking the driver to stop. The driver repeated the same point (report at the office) and disconnected the call. Sometime later, the caller calls again and says that he is following the bus and asks to stop - we pulled over. The bus was now at Vaniyampara (past Kuthiran, towards Vadakkenchery) - 2152hrs. Some arguments ensued. We started off at 2154hrs. I tried hard to sleep - but the cold air from those ugly window facing vents, and bad roads kept me awake. We passed Palakkad bypass at 2244hrs.

The crew stopped for a biobreak just past Madukkarai toll gate (CBE Bypass) - on request by a passenger - at 2332hrs. Started off again at 2335hrs - now the conductor was at the wheel. This bugger would shift to the top gear in no time, and keep lugging at 65~70kmph!! Pity on the last row passengers (thankfully, I was in the second row). I dozed off sometime later hearing the lullaby (or cries) from the engine. I woke up sometime around 0400hrs - we were passing Krishnagiri toll then. I could see that the driver was now at the wheels - this guy was gearing properly, and maintaining speeds around 85~90kmph. We reached E.City at 0519hrs and I got off at Bommanahalli, at 0528hrs. The bus should've reached Majestic before 0600hrs, surely.

The journey took 8h 15m (Thrissur to Bommanahalli) - perfectly normal running time for the 450-odd kms journey. If not for the lug-happy conductor, the bus would've reached atleast 15 minutes earlier. There was no high speed heroics, no honking (thanks to Merc for placing the horn button at an awkward place - the driver struggled to blow the horn - so it was lights all the time) and no rash braking. Perfect "Sleep like a baby" driving.

What I don't understand is, if they can manage Thrissur-Bangalore is around 8hrs, why not Bangalore-Thrissur? Why do they require 10+hrs everytime??

Overall a mixed bag. I'd surely not hesitate taking KaSRTC for my Thrissur-Bangalore runs, but certainly not for the other way. Being able to get off at Bommanahalli, instead of Silk Board is another plus (for me) if I take the KSRTC service
Old 28th January 2013, 11:54   #2546
BHPian

Hyderabad - Pondycherry - Hyderabad : Diwakar Travels Volov Multi Axle:

25-01-2013:

Bus no: AP 02 TA 3131
KMS: 554309

I have never travelled in Diwakar Travels hence wanted to explore him this time. Man what a surprise experience. I had booked ticket for a pickup at miyapur at 6 pm. Some one from Diwakar called me by 5 pm and said sir can you please come to Harsha Toyota showrom by 6.30 pm. He apologised for the inconvenience. I gladly accepted and was there by 6.20 pm. Bus was already there. From outside not looked good. There were cracks in the windshield, side windows. The bus driver opened the doors and a/c was on and set to 24c. Bus was scheduled to start by 6.40 but had to wait till 6.50. There was only one driver and one cleaner. was surprised to look at a very young driver handling Volvo for the first time. the driver must be in his early 20's not more than 25. He was fast, aggressive from the start. i though ok, i am going to have fun. he reached mehdipattinam by 7.20 and their the Van was waiting with passengers picked from other parts of Hyd. left by 7.35 and took PVNR Exp way. he was aggressive in the Exp way. Reached Jadcherla by 8.40 pm and stopped at a Dhaba. Hotel green Ashiana. Ok. Both the driver and cleaner were really courteous to the passengers. There was a couple whose 3 yr old kid had to use the bathroom when the bus was about to start at 9.05 pm. He waited for another 10 mins with out showing any grudge. Now the surprise package started. the driver was very sedate after the stop. he maintained steady 80 - 90 speed and never did any zigzag maneoveres which he showed early. no honking and the bus was very well mainatined even after 5.5 lac km running. Suspension was good. Movie stopped by 9.45 and good god no other new movie was played. I went to sleep and the sedate driving made me go to deep sleep immediately. Around 2 am, the driver stopped for a bio break, i was shocked to see another driver in the driver's seat and the first one was sleeping on the floor. Not sure when this fellow boarded. This fellow was also in his 20's and he was following the same style of driving. Dropped 2 passengers in Chitoor. The cleaner just woke those passengers without disturbing the others. Reached Vellore by 5.20 almost half the bus got emptied here. Their booking agent in Vellore must be very good, he had booked almost 15 passengers from here to Pondy. 30 mins were wasted here and bus resumed the journey by 6. Took Vellore - Arcot - Cheyyar - Vandavasi - Tindivanam - pondy. Roads were horrible in this sector but i never felt anything thanks for the good suspension. Dropped us at Pondy busstand by 8.20 am. I continued my journey by another TNSTC bus, nothing much to say about this.

27-01-2013:

Bus no: AP 02 TA 3113
KMS: 559603

Both the buses must have come at the same time. look at the regn numbers and the number of KM's. Bus was scheduled to start by 5.30 but waited for 3 passengers who had got lost. there were 2 bikes in the cargo compartment. I thought this practice was banned. The bus has cracked windshields, windows and was driven by 2 drivers who must be in their mid 50's. But fantstic crew. The cleaner helped everyone with the luggage, gave plastic covers who might vomit, room freshner was used. they stopped after tindivanam when a passenger requested for Bio break. very sedate driving. no harsh aggresive overtakings always gave way to vehicles who wanted to move ahead. was really surprised by this behaviour. Reached Vellore by 8.45 pm. Wasted another 20 - 25 mins for passengers to alite and filled with new passengers. Stopped for dinner near Palmaner Nandi Plaza. horrible toilets. Service was slow and food was ok. I went to deep sleep woke up at Shamshabad at 7 am and dropped me at nizamper x roads by 8 20 am. Full kudos to the crew. excellent drive and very courteous.

I am quite impressed with the service and will recommend for those who donot mind travel in leisure because their running time is atleast 30 mins more than Kesineni's.

Last edited by venki.bala : 28th January 2013 at 11:56. Reason: spelling mistakes
venki.bala is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:32   #2547
BHPian

Bangalore-Hyderabad Olivea Journey Date 27th January.

This is one of the only two remaining routes for Olivea. The staff at the lounge are courteous however the bus has started signs of aeging and aeging badly.

The bus we were travelling had a cracked windshield and was a ratlle box with entire bus squeaking and squealing through the night(Guess DC designs do not wear out well) .The driver was driving extremely fast and had to be asked couple of times to slow down since the sound was becoming unbearable as is the case the driver didn't bother to listen. Co pule of passengers got together to inform/threaten him , we will complain to the management . He slowed down post that.

Left Bangalore at 10.00PM dropped in Hyderabad at 05:30AM .Disappointed to see such a nice service going down.Looks like a matter of time before it shuts down.
masin4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 23:32   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What I don't understand is, if they can manage Thrissur-Bangalore is around 8hrs, why not Bangalore-Thrissur? Why do they require 10+hrs everytime??
This is going to be true in most cases when you have to go from a big metro city in the evening traffic hours, it is going to take a good hour - hour and half to get out. On your way back, if you reach in the early morning hours, the traffic is going to be light and you will be able to make it sooner.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:11   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
This is going to be true in most cases when you have to go from a big metro city in the evening traffic hours, it is going to take a good hour - hour and half to get out. On your way back, if you reach in the early morning hours, the traffic is going to be light and you will be able to make it sooner.
The bus in question leaves at 2115hrs (always past 2125hrs in any case) - traffic really reduces at this hour. Even if traffic is present, it does not result in a 2 hour difference. And, whatever traffic it faces in the city, it's got over 400kms to make up - that never happens as well. The "big metro city" traffic is all for a 30km distance (Shantinagar to Attibele)
Old 31st January 2013, 12:31   #2550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was one Volvo B7R of Golden Travels to Calicut, via Virajpet, Iritty, Thalassery, Vadakara. There was one Isuzu of PK Travels as well, following the same route. Not sure if either are running. There are no AC-Sleepers in the route.
Delayed response. Did explore these options. The PK Travels is still running and the bus looked to be in decent shape. It leaves Calicut at 8pm via the route mentioned above, but reaches Bangalore only by 6.30-7am. That is way to long. Better option would be the Kochi-Clt-Bangalore Kallada MultiAxle Volvo which leaves by 10:30-10:45 PM and reaches by 7-7.30 (But the day I took it, it reached Kalasipalayam itself only by 8). Golden also has the Volvo on the route, but not sure of the timings.

Anyway so looks like the best options are the Kallada Volvo and the KaSRTC Volvo or AC Sleeper(As per my knowledge these 2 have permit to go through the forest in the night).

I had booked in the KaSRTC AC Sleeper for my return last Saturday. But got a tatkal train ticket and hence cancelled.

OT: The Kannur-Yeswanthpur Exp coach condition is deteriorating every day. The coach I came in seemed very old and was quite smelly. But nothing beats the convenience of getting down in Karmelaram by 6am after a good nights sleep for just Rs 240 .

In short after making 3 bus journeys in the last week by Kallada[after a long gap. Always used to take the train or drive in the last 2-3 years], I came away impressed with them-Right from booking, the bus, the driving. Will definitely continue to use Kallada

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks