Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 23:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Optra Magnum 2.0 TCDI - DIY Projects

Hi Keyur, In my 2007 Optra magnum LT which has run 68000 km, the MIL warning indicator is on recently. Got time today to take it to ASS and after diagnosing with tech2 they narrowed it down to air intake sensor or MAS sensor. They mentioned it as an expensive one and quoted around 7.5k for sensor replacement. Is the price reasonable? Can I source then sensor from elsewhere and replace it as DIY? Considering that I am not a regular DIY or a handson guy , do you advise me going for the same?. If so, any help on where to source the sensor and how to replace it will be very much appreciated, if there is considerable savings in doing so. Thanks !
Old 6th March 2014, 21:20   #47
BHPian

Hey @keyur, did you buy the lacetti model of race chip or optra? I am planning to source one soon. Need your advice as you already have it on your machine.
Old 8th March 2014, 12:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

A very detailed explaination, really awesome!
Old 17th April 2014, 15:41   #49
BHPian

Superb DIY writeup Keyur.
Seems like DIY is on hold for sometime now. Hope to see something new from your end.

I have a question: How do we adjust headlight focus? I have 2008 optra magnum 1.6LT. and the through is little uneven. I'm mostly in office, and not able to get time to go to my mechanic in evening to get it fixed.

Also, as mentioned earlier, Philips H4 90/100 needing a relay. I've checked locally at multiple shops. and even few of my friends got this bulb installed and none of them have a relay fitted. I got the bulbs changed recently, and got 90/100 installed. Did not need relay and the through is much better then the stocks.
are we missing something here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks