Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis

Can anyone confirm if this would work in a swift 2014 model. Has anyone tried doing the same. Am very keen in getting it installed in my car.

Really useful to have it during the rains. Car in question is a swift vdi abs 2014 model. Kindly advice part number which should work with the car.
Old 27th September 2017, 13:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon4888 View Post
Can anyone confirm if this would work in a swift 2014 model. Has anyone tried doing the same. Kindly advice part number which should work with the car.
If your car does not have a rear washer/wiper then you can swap the wiper stalk with the one form the SX4. The details of the part compatibility is given in page 1 of this thread. The part number for SX4 would be 37310M75J20.
Old 29th September 2017, 11:29   #33
BHPian

Hello Bhpians.

Just finished adding the S-Cross wiper stalk to my Wagon R. The intermittent front wipers work just as they are supposed to do. However the only drawback of the switch is that I have lost the rear wash and wipe functionality. The rear wiper works normally, it's just that the rear wipe and wash has stopped functioning.
Attaching pic after the installation. Didn't remember to click pics of the process in excitement of doing my first DIY.
Happy to do the DIY . Thanks Audioholic for sharing this mod.

Regards
Debasish
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20170929_111317_hdr01.jpeg  

dpaul is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 18:14   #34
BHPian

Hello Bhpians.

In continuation of my above post, I would like to know whether I did something incorrectly so as to lose the rear wash and wipe function in my Wagon R or is it that this is not supported by the new switch.

Its not a deal breaker since the rear wiper works normally and the intermittent functionality for the front wipers is really useful.

Its just my curiosity.

Regards
Debasish.
Old 5th October 2017, 19:34   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Hello Bhpians.

In continuation of my above post, I would like to know whether I did something incorrectly so as to lose the rear wash and wipe function in my Wagon R or is it that this is not supported by the new switch.

Its not a deal breaker since the rear wiper works normally and the intermittent functionality for the front wipers is really useful.
Does the wash mode work when wiper is on? In my car I can use the rear washer after turning on the wiper. But the washer only mode doesn't work. This is something to do with the switch itself and the way the internal circuit of the switch is designed. Same reason for the intermittent wiper mode to not work either. The S Cross has a different motor for the rear wiper compared to WagonR, Celerio with a separate circuit to trigger intermittent mode. The washer circuit is linked to this. Since its absent in your car, the wash wipe mode wont work. However the washer works with the continuous wiping mode. Confirm if its the same.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 11:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Does the wash mode work when wiper is on? In my car I can use the rear washer after turning on the wiper. But the washer only mode doesn't work. This is something to do with the switch itself and the way the internal circuit of the switch is designed. Same reason for the intermittent wiper mode to not work either. The S Cross has a different motor for the rear wiper compared to WagonR, Celerio with a separate circuit to trigger intermittent mode. The washer circuit is linked to this. Since its absent in your car, the wash wipe mode wont work. However the washer works with the continuous wiping mode. Confirm if its the same.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried out the rear washer after turning on the wiper and it worked. As told by you, the washer only mode doesn't work. But i am happy with the swap. I have gained the intermittent functionality without actually losing any of the existing functions.

The only bugbear is that now after the switch the left and right stalks don't match visually. But then I don't care about the visual mismatch. The functionality gained out weighs the cosmetic appeal.

Thanks once again for sharing this useful mod.

Regards
Debasish
dpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:43   #37
BHPian

Debasish,
Could you specify which model and year is your WagonR?
Audioholic,
Is this intermittent functionality be fitted to WagobR Lxi(No rear wiper) 2007 model?
Thanks,
Ramki
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:26   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Debasish,
Audioholic,
Is this intermittent functionality be fitted to WagobR Lxi(No rear wiper) 2007 model?
Thanks,
Ramki
About the 2007 WagonR I am not sure. Maybe if you can open up to check the connector it would be possible to take a hunch. I am confident for the WagonR K10 and later.
Old 5th November 2017, 19:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Debasish,
Audioholic,
Thanks,
Ramki
Hello ramki067.

My Wagon R is of April 2017 make.

But I think as per Audioholic, the swap will work on most Maruti vehicles provided the correct switch is used.
The variable intermittent wiper functionality came very handy in a recent 500km road trip where it was drizzling with varying speed with occasional heavy downpour.
If one has not experienced this function then one does not realise the usefulness of it. However once one experiences this function one realise how practical and useful variable intermittent wiper functionality is .

Regards
Debasish
Old 5th November 2017, 23:01   #40
BHPian

Thanks Debasish and Audioholic. Will open up the steering column this week sometime and post the picture of the connector.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
About the 2007 WagonR I am not sure. Maybe if you can open up to check the connector it would be possible to take a hunch. I am confident for the WagonR K10 and later.
Hey Audioholic,
I clicked the pics of my WagonRs' Wiper stalk socket. Is this compatible to add intermittent included stalk?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20171110_134801.jpg  

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20171110_134810.jpg  

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20171110_134817.jpg  

Last edited by ramki067 : 10th November 2017 at 15:10.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:06   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Audioholic,
I clicked the pics of my WagonRs' Wiper stalk socket. Is this compatible to add intermittent included stalk?
Thanks
Nope, unfortunately that is not the same connector as in the stalk we have used. It seems to be a more basic version and has lesser pins, along with a completely different layout. Just to reconfirm, have you removed the same connector or is this a different connector? If it is indeed the same, then the part swap wont be possible.
Old 10th November 2017, 16:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately that is not the same connector as in the stalk we have used. It seems to be a more basic version and has lesser pins, along with a completely different layout. Just to reconfirm, have you removed the same connector or is this a different connector? If it is indeed the same, then the part swap wont be possible.
Oh .
Yes, i confirmed that i removed the correct connector.
Well, thanks for your input. Hope to do some other useful mod.
Old 18th December 2017, 18:58   #44
BHPian

Hi,

Will this work for May 2014 Ertiga ZDi?
I'm asking this as my Ertiga doesn't have the intermittent facility at all!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 18th December 2017, 20:45   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Hi,

Will this work for May 2014 Ertiga ZDi?
I'm asking this as my Ertiga doesn't have the intermittent facility at all!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
It should definitely work. Except for the rear intermittent function everything else should work.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks