Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 00:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
With the help of Leoshashi, I was able to get the part number of the wiper switch of the S-Cross Zeta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Planning to do this on my Celerio Vxi.
And with the help of this thread I carried out this mod today. It was not DIY though. I had taken the car to an accessories shop to sort out some fault in the audio wiring. Since he was anyway opening sections of the dashboard, I got him to install this switch.

Quote:
Also, with the service manual of the Celerio(which was again sourced to me by him)
I too ordered the parts catalogue and service manual using Part Numbers given by Sashi. I collected the Parts Catalogue and S-Cross switch today. I'm waiting for the Service Manual.

Quote:
I was wondering if I could also add a rear wiper to the car. Has anyone tried it out?
Now that I have the Parts Catalogue, I can figure what parts to order and once the Service Manual comes, I'll try and figure out how to get it fitted. Though not rocket science, it probably won't be DIY for me. Hopefully I'll assist with the job.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 00:52   #47
BHPian

Guys, is it possible to do this mod in Ciaz? Since it doesn't have a rear what other options are there?
Old 16th February 2018, 09:17   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Now that I have the Parts Catalogue, I can figure what parts to order and once the Service Manual comes, I'll try and figure out how to get it fitted. Though not rocket science, it probably won't be DIY for me. Hopefully I'll assist with the job.
Should be easy in the Celerio as it has Wiper pivot on the hatch and not on the glass.

We added one to a Zen last year. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...aruti-zen.html
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 09:25   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Guys, is it possible to do this mod in Ciaz? Since it doesn't have a rear what other options are there?
You have two options. One is to get the Celerio stalk and leave the rear wiper control dummy. Second is to get the SX4 stalk and live with the difference in the right and left stalk.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 12:12   #50
BHPian

Any clues on compatible parts for Ignis delta variant?
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:23   #51
BHPian

It's been nearly two years since this thread came up.

Anyway ordered one wiper stalk from Boodmo and got it today. Couldn't find the screws to remove the steering column shroud in my Gen 1 Ertiga. Planning to take it to my regular FNG.

Will update once I get it done.

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20190722_221303.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd July 2019 at 01:16. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 00:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Will update once I get it done.
Thanks for this pic, I have shared the thread to a friend of mine who owns a Celerio and was looking for this feature. Please do update here the photos of work in progress (if possible).

SS80 (Anand)

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd July 2019 at 01:16. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 24th July 2019, 18:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Thanks for this pic, I have shared the thread to a friend of mine who owns a Celerio and was looking for this feature. Please do update here the photos of work in progress (if possible).

SS80 (Anand)
Update

Actually I don't have much to add over the pics and steps mentioned in the first page.

The lower trim is to be removed first after removing the screw which comes underneath in the slot provided for the steering adjustment lever.

This has clips in four places. - Can be seen in one of my pics.

After removing this you can see the screws holding the top trim. Remove that, disconnect the switch, remove it.

Repeat the steps in reverse.

As mentioned earlier, the mode where the rear wiper just washes and wipes once when the end of the stalk is twisted towards you is lost.

You also don't get the rear wash wipe intermittent function.

Both are not much of an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20190723_164102.jpg  

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20190723_164055.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 09:56   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In short: Very few cars in the Maruti Stable came with adjustable intermittent wipers.
Just stumbled upon this thread & is it good! Rated it full 5 stars. By the way - it gave me a curiosity bug instantly regarding 2 Hyundai hatchbacks on sale.

The Grand i10 and the new Santro. Both have identical wiper stalks so I am inclined to think they'll have identical connectors. Santro doesn't have intermittent wipers while the i10 does. I'm wondering if an i10 stalk can be installed in a Santro like in this thread's DIY? Would the trigger relay for it be easily installable / built into the stalk housing? Or it would be far more complicated than just a quick stalk swap?

If its an easy job - a lot of Santro owners would love to do it! Lack of an intermittent wiper is a big downer.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 17:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The actual install was a cakewalk. I finished it in 15 mins flat. No hungama. Here is a short pictorial description:
This is one of the most irritating things a car manufacturer could skip in their car, most of us would never check these small things while purchasing car and this would come back and bite us in Monsoon season. Heck even in top variant of Ciaz this was missing.

Thanks for taking your time to write this, i changed it sometime back, DIY was easy and everything works
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-new.jpg  

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-old.jpg  

Sri Vathsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 13:46   #56
BHPian

Hi! Will this work on thje 1st Gen Swift? 2006 Jan
Old 29th March 2020, 13:48   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimuraKenshin View Post
Hi! Will this work on thje 1st Gen Swift? 2006 Jan
If you have the lower versions without rear wiper, then you can buy the stalk of the SX4. That will be a match.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 21:22   #58
BHPian

Tried fitting the S-cross stalk on my Baleno (Alpha 2020). Sadly it didn't work out. The connector and fitting are same but upon switching on the wiper fuse was blown. So removed it and compared the connections of both stalks (Continuity with multimeter) found out that they are different.

Will try installing it on the Ciaz later on.

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20200825_210342.jpg

DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-img_20200825_210352.jpg
Old 27th August 2020, 21:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Tried fitting the S-cross stalk on my Baleno (Alpha 2020). Sadly it didn't work out.
Damn, I wish I checked this thread again before placing an order on boodmo.
I have a 2018 make swift and was planning to get this stalk fixed.

It looks like Maruti saw audioholis thread and like 'aha not so fast peasants'

Anyway, I should've known my place.
Old 9th December 2020, 11:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Tried fitting the S-cross stalk on my Baleno (Alpha 2020). Sadly it didn't work out. The connector and fitting are same but upon switching on the wiper fuse was blown. So removed it and compared the connections of both stalks (Continuity with multimeter) found out that they are different.

Will try installing it on the Ciaz later on.

Attachment 2047596

Attachment 2047597
Update :

Successfully installed the same on Ciaz and working flawlessly.
DIY: Adding "variable intermittent wipers" to the Celerio & other Marutis-whatsapp-image-20201205-5.23.31-pm.jpeg

Had doubts about the rear washer/wiper button, like will any fuse blow or something is somebody accidentally used it. It seems nothing happen when it is turned

Its super useful during light drizzle. I had always felt the fixed intermittent speed of Marutis is a bit too fast, this resolves that perfectly.

Too bad it couldn't be fitted in the baleno. The entire circuitry is different in both (except for the connector part)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks