Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 15:22   #106
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

I placed two orders in Feb and after several delays, it now says 'Part is not in stock'. I guess the only option is to cancel this now.
If this mount is largely universal, then what is the nearest alternative that isn't obscenely priced? (My car is a 2018 Ecosport)
The Maruti one perhaps?
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mirr..._view-6788737/
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 18:04   #107
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
I placed two orders in Feb and after several delays, it now says 'Part is not in stock'. I guess the only option is to cancel this now.

If this mount is largely universal, then what is the nearest alternative that isn't obscenely priced? (My car is a 2018 Ecosport)
The other option would be to get it from Honda ASC. Better than paying to Maruti for a mirror with Black Frame. Still if you're going for Maruti one, do buy a connector. You won't be able to install this without a connector. See in image #2 on the link you mentioned.
Old 21st April 2022, 20:18   #108
BHPian

I headed out to windshield experts in search for a mount.

The guy had loads of broken windshields and was able to pull out one effortlessly from the heap.

When he took out the mount it still had glass stuck to it, the mechanic hammered the stuck glass and pulverised it, then used a heat gun to soften the adhesive then using a sharp chisel, scraped out the adhesive. He then used a file to make sure the mount was free from any residue.

The mount was marked on the windshield using a white marker and he used a polyurethane glue to fix the metal mount to the inside of the windshield.
Pressed firmly so the the black glue ozzed out from the edges, Excess glue was then cleaned using turpentine oil.

When we were happy with the placement, he used some clear tape to make sure the mount stays put. He got a torch like contraption to let the glue harden a bit (I was told it was uv flashlight).

Curing time is 3 days and I'll give it a try in a couple of days time.

He asked me to come back in case there are any issues or if I need to trim the edges of the excess glue.

Total time taken 45 minutes
Cost 200 all inclusive
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20220421_120425.jpg  

Last edited by sonirohit : 21st April 2022 at 20:21. Reason: Added time and cost
sonirohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 21:36   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
When we were happy with the placement, he used some clear tape to make sure the mount stays put.
Sir, this mount seems to be lower than where it is supposed to be or your fastag is way beyond where it is supposed to be. Did the mechanic stick on the exact spot where earlier mount was?
Old 22nd April 2022, 00:16   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
The other option would be to get it from Honda ASC. Better than paying to Maruti for a mirror with Black Frame. Still if you're going for Maruti one, do buy a connector. You won't be able to install this without a connector. See in image #2 on the link you mentioned.
Quote:
Sir, this mount seems to be lower than where it is supposed to be or your fastag is way beyond where it is supposed to be. Did the mechanic stick on the exact spot where earlier mount was?
My friend, Mine is a 2008 swift, didn't come with a mount in the first place. Played around with quite a few positions and this seemed to the most apt of them.
sonirohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:01   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The mount stuck in the windshield is different. You’ll need to salvage a mount from a damaged windshield from the service center or a shop like Windshield Experts.

The slot is inwards unlike VW/Skoda/Maruti/Honda where the slot is outwards.

Attachment 2237099
Can any adaptor be used instead of replacing the mount? This same mount is found in Mahindra too.
Old 30th May 2022, 18:07   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Can any adaptor be used instead of replacing the mount? This same mount is found in Mahindra too.
No no , get another mount from any windshield repair shop and just fix it using araldite. Going to make an adaptor mount for the Mahindra irvm mount is not worth it.

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 30th May 2022 at 18:09.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 14:56   #113
BHPian

Looks like HONDA Cars have realized the need to increase the cost of part based on this TBHP thread. Now the minimum cost is INR 6509/- as per https://gomechanic.in/spares/WZW3FOA...auto-day-night while as at Boodmo site it is more than One Lakh INR. Those who got it fixed in their cars got a perfect deal ( even I also installed in my other car).
aeroamit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:32   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Looks like HONDA Cars have realized the need to increase the cost of part based on this TBHP thread. Now the minimum cost is INR 6509.
They did jack up the prices. Just contacted Honda ASC and they confirmed the price to be around 6500. So they were not making any loss at 422 and now they decided to increase the price 16 times of what it was. I'm quite surprised how much it costs them to manufacture spares and the profit they earn on retailing them. Amazing!
batish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 12:29   #115
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

I feel auto dimming IRVMs are a total waste of money.
I have noticed that the electric IRVMs don't decrease the beams of Xenons and LEDs much and they hurt the eyes, whereas the mechanical IRVMs completely divert the light and are more successful in evading reflection. Well this is my opinion after testing both type of IRVMs.
Old 11th August 2022, 18:32   #116
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Since no one mentioned about the Cover trim for covering the wires of the Honda IRVM, Pitching in little info about it. I managed to place an order on GoMechanic and recieved the part in 1 month time. It was listed on Boodmo but they were importing the cover from UAE hence the price was ₹1174. The real price for the cover is a mere ₹127.

Name:  Oriparts.JPG
Views: 1004
Size:  25.1 KB
Image courtesy OriParts

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-order.jpg

GoMechanic had listed this product at ₹127 and I placed an order for the same. Delivery charges were just ₹3

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20220806_143913108.jpg
Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20220806_144140064.jpg
Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20220806_144131417.jpg
Part Name- COVER, RR. VIEW MIRROR WIRE HARNESS
Part Number- 76410T2AA01

Boodmo Link
GoMechanic Link

OTOH, Honda has again raised the prices of the IRVM to ₹6704.

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 11th August 2022 at 18:37.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 23:06   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Since no one mentioned about the Cover trim for covering the wires of the Honda IRVM, Pitching in little info about it.
Why nobody has mentioned about it is because it is not really useful for other cars as the length of this is apt for Honda City only. Even I got this as I thought who'd come again and I was apprehensive that Honda would jack up the prices in near future, which they did. Sigh.

But I could not use it in any car.

Since you've also got it, could you please show how you used it? Did you trim its length? It might help others like me if you have used any innovative jugaad.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:14   #118
BHPian

Does anyone have any sources where the Honda unit can still be bought for a sane price? I don't mind paying a bit more than what it used to cost but 6.5k?!!!

The Honda unit is a clean one with a bezel-less design, it looks really nice, any way i can still get one?
Old 21st August 2022, 20:55   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Does anyone have any sources where the Honda unit can still be bought for a sane price? I don't mind paying a bit more than what it used to cost but 6.5k?!!!

The Honda unit is a clean one with a bezel-less design, it looks really nice, any way i can still get one?
Nope. You can't. They jacked up from the back end, so no dealer would retail at the previous price.

TBH, look wise it's great, way better than other ones in the market but functionality wise in the present range, it'd be better if you go for a design with bezel. These bezel less surroundings are not really effective at night. Even the IRVM does not function as properly as other OEM mirrors do. Hyundai one is leagues ahead in terms of light dimness.

I'm writing this after using it for several months in two different segment vehicles.

I'd say look up for Maruti Celerio one. It is with bezel and is half the price of what this one retails for plus you get everything along in the package.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 00:32   #120
BHPian

Quote:

I'd say look up for Maruti Celerio one. It is with bezel and is half the price of what this one retails for plus you get everything along in the package.
Will the celerio one fit in my aspire? Will I need to source any parts from elsewhere for it to fit? I saw in another thread a member had difficulty sourcing the bracket for fitting the mirror, will the celerio one fit in the stock Ford bracket?

Also, the facelifted Figo and Aspire already came with an auto dimming IRVM from factory, i think it was called as an electrochromic mirror in the brochure. Would that be a good choice?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sai

Last edited by SaiSW : 22nd August 2022 at 00:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks