Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 02:38   #121
BHPian

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Will the celerio one fit in my aspire? Will I need to source any parts from elsewhere for it to fit? I saw in another thread a member had difficulty sourcing the bracket for fitting the mirror, will the celerio one fit in the stock Ford bracket?
First of all, remove the stock mirror. Check the mount behind the mirror. See if it matches the mount with the post you saw. You can also check for Baleno's mirror if the Celerio one does not match yours.

Quote:
Also, the facelifted Figo and Aspire already came with an auto dimming IRVM from factory, i think it was called as an electrochromic mirror in the brochure. Would that be a good choice?
Yes, that would be a good choice. Check on boodmo for the price. If it fits your budget then go ahead although I don't think it would be cheap.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 11:45   #122
BHPian

The very same mirror is now a distant dream after the greedy price hikes! Infact the website lists one seller from somewhere in the UAE, offering it for 2 lac rupees?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Parwan View Post
I had ordered 2 of these for Rs 422 each plus shipping of Rs 136 in the beginning of September. Got the delivery after 4 weeks of no activity/ update.
I'm a bit flummoxed to hear that the mounts on two different Honda cars don't match!

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th November 2022 at 20:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted post.
Old 24th September 2022, 12:03   #123
Team-BHP Support

Re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I'm a bit flummoxed to hear that the mounts on two different Honda cars don't match!
That’s because the Amaze’s IRVM mount is not on the windshield but on the body:

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-afa2f7f2b8a4472d90560662380e4ee8.jpeg
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:56   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
The real price for the cover is a mere ₹127.

Attachment 2344848

GoMechanic had listed this product at ₹127 and I placed an order for the same. Delivery charges were just ₹3
Thanks for the info Ashton.
The Delivery charges for Chennai / Bangalore in GoMechanic shows ₹200 for a ₹127 product. Good that you got it for ₹3

Last edited by Aditya : 30th January 2023 at 23:34. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 15:19   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
We installed it in a friend’s Polo Trendline last weekend.
Hi Gannu_1, I have sourced one of these IRVMs now for my Polo & expect a delivery by tomorrow too. Now the obvious way to install would be with a fuse tap (like I have already done with the dash-cam hard-wiring), but then - I'm too bored now to fight with the bendy metal clips of the A-Pillar of the Polo. They are frustrating to work with!

In a youtube video that you have also prepared for this install - I heard you say this can be powered via the cabin lamp as well. Could you let me know which of the stock connector wires is powered on ignition? I'd rather prepare a short harness of 2 wires & tap into the dome light connector for power & ground! But for that - I'll need one of those wires on the dome light connector, to be wired on ignition, not always ON or ON when door open. Is there one like that? Because otherwise the IRVM will always remain powered or I'll need to open doors at night . Of course the multimeter can help me find the wire - but checking first with you in case you already know. Thanks in advance!

Sadly had to order the mirror at "correct" price & not the dirt cheap 3 digit number of some months ago. If only I knew in the past that I'd get my hands on a Polo out of nowhere, I'd have bought one back then .

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th November 2022 at 15:20.
Old 8th November 2022, 16:19   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Could you let me know which of the stock connector wires is powered on ignition?
It would be these two:

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-1.png

But I am not sure which one is ground. Please use the DMM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Sadly had to order the mirror at "correct" price
At 6700 Rs, it is still worth it I'd say.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 14:34   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It would be these two:
So - the stock dome light of my 2014 Polo (2015 MY with localization parts) - isn't so welcoming. I checked and it has only 3 wires - on GND, one that is powered ALWAYS (expected since the light can be manually turned on, any time) & 3rd one that gets 12V when door open. There aren't any wires that provide "IGN/ACC" triggered 12V. So that was a dead-end. In a way its OK - because otherwise I would have piggy backed further load, onto the stock fuse meant for just the cabin light perhaps (if there is one).

Now the project is complete & I have hooked it up the conventional way with a fuse-tap. Works like a charm.

With everything done, the only 1 item remaining to do (because i have no intention as of now - to remap or further stage upgrades on the powertrain) - is paddle shifter steering. Something for future perhaps. The 8 Yr old Polo is now quite well kitted out for modern times (Android HU with CANbus, component speaker setup, TPMS, this IRVM, good upsized shoes, dashcam, dual tone horn, LEDs where appropriate).
Quote:
At 6700 Rs, it is still worth it I'd say.
Oh - of course its worth it, and some! A vital device to have in any car - on Indian roads. I had installed one in Nexon as well already back in 2020, pre-Covid.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th November 2022 at 14:38.
Old 30th January 2023, 15:44   #128
BHPian

Hi guys

can this be fitted on XUV7OO AX5 variant. It does not have ADAS and other sensors so should be doable if we have the correct mount?
Old 6th February 2023, 17:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi guys

can this be fitted on XUV7OO AX5 variant. It does not have ADAS and other sensors so should be doable if we have the correct mount?
It can indeed. Show me the mount. And if you're a bit clever with DIY then I'll help you out personally.

Have you got the mirror though? If not, there is someone who's got a spare for ₹2300-2500.
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 08:47   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi guys

Mahindra use the same manual IRVM in their Thar, Scorpio and XUV700 which comes in Tata cars. So best option is to go for auto dimming IRVM kit that is offered at Tata showroom. Because in this kit you will get the wedge button (Mounting adaptor) which is very hard to find otherwise and is must to install Auto IRVM on existing Mahindra/Tata mounting. Only down side of this kit is it's cost.

Although if some how you get this wedge button (Mounting adaptor) then you can install any IRVM like the Honda one or the baleno one.
KarDIY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 23:33   #131
BHPian

This is a short installation video of the Honda City's IRVM in my Tiago 2021

lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 23:34   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarDIY View Post
Mahindra use the same manual IRVM in their Thar, Scorpio and XUV700 which comes in Tata cars. So best option is to go for auto dimming IRVM kit that is offered at Tata showroom. Because in this kit you will get the wedge button (Mounting adaptor) which is very hard to find otherwise and is must to install Auto IRVM on existing Mahindra/Tata mounting. Only down side of this kit is it's cost.

Although if some how you get this wedge button (Mounting adaptor) then you can install any IRVM like the Honda one or the baleno one.
Even without the wedge converter button, there is an alternative. The mount button from a salvaged windscreen can be pasted to the windshield by Araldite epoxy. It is a solid fix and holds the weight of the new IRVM. I've just done the same on my Tiago.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 23:51   #133
BHPian

Quote:

Could you please help me with the part number of this kit? I would like to install it in my 2016 Scorpio S10.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2023, 09:46   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Could you please help me with the part number of this kit? I would like to install it in my 2016 Scorpio S10.

Thanks.
I would love to help. I'm sure we can install this Tata IRVM kit in Scorpio S10. Part no. mentioned on box is 885732002919.
KarDIY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:47   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to help. I'm sure we can install this Tata IRVM kit in Scorpio S10. Part no. mentioned on box is 885732002919.
Thanks. Is this available on Boodmo? Can't seem to find the kit there. Please could you help me with a link?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks