Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 18:19   #76
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Correct, let me first get the mount and then I have two ways either to install next to existing mount or to remove the oem mount using small blow torch, but I don't know if anyone has done it before
Why would you use blow torch, the temperature difference and over heating may break the windshield. The lamination may also go weak. Instead use the manjha thread( kite flying thread). Go for the baddest one(chinese). Wear leather gloves and then scrape it out like badges are removed. You can also go to glass seller shops and they will help out.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:30   #77
BHPian

re: Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Why would you use blow torch, the temperature difference and over heating may break the windshield. The lamination may also go weak. Instead use the manjha thread( kite flying thread). Go for the baddest one(chinese). Wear leather gloves and then scrape it out like badges are removed. You can also go to glass seller shops and they will help out.
Thanks, i saw a couple of videos on you tube on removing this button. The suggest way seems more easier. i am waiting for the mirror to come...

lets see...
Old 8th December 2021, 19:56   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Could you try to take off your mirror and show us the mount button? We could have a look and tell you if it's the same as needed.
Since the other guy didn't reply I went ahead and took off the irvm in my sonet.The mount looks pretty damn close to the ones in the prev posts.Attached pics for your reference.
Regards
Toyocabbie

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20211208_194718__01.jpg

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img_20211208_194804__01.jpg
Old 8th December 2021, 20:13   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoCabbie View Post
Since the other guy didn't reply I went ahead and took off the irvm in my sonet.The mount looks pretty damn close to the ones in the prev posts.Attached pics for your reference.
Regards
Toyocabbie

Attachment 2243040

Attachment 2243041
Indeed it does, Place your order!
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 23:25   #80
BHPian

Members who are awaiting their order, any update? Is Boodmo still processing or cancelled from their side?
Old 9th December 2021, 15:27   #81

Looks like the seller isn't taking any more orders.Cant find the 422 rs listing anymore,only sellers importing straight from Japan.I managed to place an order this morning and I hope it doesn't get cancelled which is most likely going to happen anyways:(

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-screenshot_20211209151905.jpg

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-screenshot_20211209152531.jpg
Old 12th December 2021, 08:18   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Members who are awaiting their order, any update? Is Boodmo still processing or cancelled from their side?
I placed an order on 25th October since then it is getting delayed and is on backorder.
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-screenshot_20211212081608_chrome.jpg  

Kartik_rs6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 08:34   #83

Surprisingly a friend of mine from Uttarakhand managed to get this IRVM from a local Honda dealership though he had to pay a few extra bucks to the salesperson which I believe the salesperson would have had his own profit margin over the standard retail price.
My friend got the IRVM for his Skoda Rapid TDI, he got it wired up from a accessories shop and is happy with this new cool feature. Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img20211206wa0005.jpg

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img20211206wa0007.jpg

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img20211208wa0012.jpg

Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500-img20211206wa0006.jpg
Kartik_rs6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 17:06   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik_rs6 View Post
I placed an order on 25th October since then it is getting delayed and is on backorder.
Don't worry, I was in the same situation. I did receive the mirror but it has a deep scratch on the glass. Started the return process.
Old 12th December 2021, 18:38   #85

Quote:
Don't worry, I was in the same situation. I did receive the mirror but it has a deep scratch on the glass. Started the return process.
Oh, I know how bad it hurts when you receive a product in a bad condition when it is already out of stock almost everywhere.
I hope you get your replacement soon
By the way how long did it take for you to get your IRVM delivered?
Old 12th December 2021, 23:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik_rs6 View Post
I hope you get your replacement soon
By the way how long did it take for you to get your IRVM delivered?
I don't think they have any replacement available, neither is replacement an option in their list so refund is the only way out. Can't wait so long anymore.
I had placed an order on 20th October and it was dispatched on 8th December. So almost 2 months wait.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 09:46   #87
BHPian

I had ordered this Honda Auto-dimming IRVM for my FORD Ecosport towards the end of August. There were numerous updates about the part not being available all this while but and I did receive this by mid-October. All this while, I kept delaying the swap thinking that I would have to take the mount out and get a compatible one fitted for the Honda IRVM to be installed. But I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was a direct fit over the Ford-supplied mount.

I just had to remove the existing IRVM and slide the new Honda IRVM over the existing mount and tighten the screw. Get the connections done (using the red and black wires) by using a fuse tap from the Fuse box below the glove box and it was all set. The mirror feels a tad bit smaller than my ford's IRVM and also the view slightly interfares with the cabin light cluster for my usage. This is a design and Honda Vs Ford compatibility issue for my usage. Apart from that, this is a fantastic little swap for a fraction of the price you would have otherwise paid. I still remember the Aliexpress import I had done for a similar IRVM for INR 5K+ for my previous car some years ago.

Kudos to the finder of this little neat Honda IRVM that surely has taken Bodmo and Honda by surprise !!
saikatmandal04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:32   #88

Hi All,

Anyone sourced the part from different site apart from Boodmo ?
I found below 2 sites, but I did not buy from these sites earlier. Anyone bought parts from below sites, are they trustworthy ?

https://gomechanic.in/spares/WZW3FOA...auto-day-night

https://mechdeals.com/product-detail...-daynight-5846

thanks - Vineeth
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineeth_k View Post
Hi All,

Anyone sourced the part from different site apart from Boodmo ?
Get it from Honda dealership nearest to your place. Call them up, give them the part number, they'll tell you when it would be available. It is simply the fastest process if you wish to get the part early.
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Get it from Honda dealership nearest to your place. Call them up, give them the part number, they'll tell you when it would be available. It is simply the fastest process if you wish to get the part early.
I think BOODMO has got the IVRM back in stock, a friend of mine got the shipping notification for an order he placed in October.

Last edited by sonirohit : 3rd January 2022 at 21:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks