Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2016, 11:00   #61
BHPian

Re: DIY tacho for a car, using a bike's tacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Is it possible to mount a Ritz’s tacho in a santro and get it to work? This is for my friend’s car and we are not going to try any DIY here but wanted to go to the mechanic with some basic knowledge on how likely this will work.
Hi Aslam, In theory I wouldn't say it is impossible. But you need to do some homework. Does you santro ECU wiring have a Tacho signal out? If so, is the relation between the number of pulses produced per rpm same as that in Suzuki ECU. Though this would need some internet study or a test with an oscilloscope, I would recommend you to fit an aftermarket stuff if we are not able to decode the relation between the pulses produced by the ECU tacho output signal and the tachometer needle deflection.
ilangop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:20   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Does you santro ECU wiring have a Tacho signal out?
IIRC "NO" (except for some special edition which came with tacho in India, whereas the export model or the one in abroad came with factory fitted tacho)

EDIT:
discussed here

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 25th November 2016 at 11:21. Reason: link added
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 11:20   #63
BHPian

Thanks for your swift response ilangop.

Quote:
Hi Aslam, In theory I wouldn't say it is impossible. But you need to do some homework. Does you santro ECU wiring have a Tacho signal out? If so, is the relation between the number of pulses produced per rpm same as that in Suzuki ECU. Though this would need some internet study or a test with an oscilloscope,
As this is my friend's car, need to visit his place to check the ECU wiring and in parallel we are trying to understand more about the concepts.

Quote:
I would recommend you to fit an aftermarket stuff if we are not able to decode the relation between the pulses produced by the ECU tacho output signal and the tachometer needle deflection.
While scanning, just came across the below post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1492156

Now, we are giving a second thought to go for an aftermarket stuff as this looks much hassle free to get it up and running.

I will surely keep the thread updated on whats happening.

Cheers!
Aslamjaffer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 12:24   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Now, we are giving a second thought to go for an aftermarket stuff as this looks much hassle free to get it up and running.!
Not every aftermarket tacho is compatible with Santro. Look for the one which could be calibrated for 2 Cylinder
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 14:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Not every aftermarket tacho is compatible with Santro. Look for the one which could be calibrated for 2 Cylinder
Sure thing Boss. Will surely validate for the compatibility before freezing into a particular model.

Recommendations appreciated for some compatible and best tachos available in the market.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks