Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 11:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR DIY Stuff. Update: 8 years, half-a-lakh kms and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

For the first time today, noticed unusual resistance in gear box. Was waiting at the signal in rush hour traffic. Tried to shift to 1st on green but, the stick would not budge, as if gearbox was locked inside. Embarassing situation, other vehicles started honking. Gear would not shift. Tried 2nd, 3rd too, still not budging. I was stationary on a bit of incline. Tried reverse gear it engaged and then 1st, it engaged too, moved on. Again second time while in motion ~40kmph, tried to shift to 5th from 4th, but gear stick was not engaging and had to press harder than usual. Wondering what could be happening...gear box overhaul or Oil change needed?

-BJ
Even I am facing the same issue in my 2006 Wagon R Lxi. It becomes rock hard and refuses to slot into any gear from neutral in a stand still situation. I have had a clutch plate and gear mount replacement as well but with little respite
Old 13th August 2012, 19:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR DIY Stuff. Update: 8 years, half-a-lakh kms and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat View Post
Even I am facing the same issue in my 2006 Wagon R Lxi...
In my case it was a simple tightening of the clutch cable adjuster below the engine sump did the trick. It is a easy DIY (get under the car) or get it done from a mechanic because over tightening the cable might lead to clutch slippage/bearing damage. I also changed the gear oil as a precautionary measure, but, it was not necessary.

After a clutch overhaul + cable replacement and putting some KMs it is normal that clutch bedding and cable length increase will happen and some tightening will be required for clutch cable.

Last edited by bj96 : 13th August 2012 at 19:40. Reason: fixed quote markup
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 22:26   #63
BANNED

Hey guys,

Sorry for digging out this old thread and posting here but this thread seemed most relevant.
So today while on the way for a meeting my 2008 Wagon R's clutch got free i.e. I couldn't get it into any gear on a traffic signal. Luckily the car stalled in front of a mechanic and i showed it to him. He said clutch plates, pressure plates, clutch bearing and clutch wire need to change.
I was already facing a grrrr noise while pressing the clutch from quite sometime (Clutch bearing worn out) but I thought I will get it rectified this weekend and today the above incident happened. The mechanic told me not to drive the car till I get it rectified because the worn out bearing can break the pressure plates.

The total cost of everything he quoted around Rs. 4000. I will call the Maruti showroom to get a quote from them and then will decide from where to get it rectified.
Please let me know if the price is right.

P.S. - The car has covered 76000 kms.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks