Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 13:34   #31
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by air870 View Post
Dyno ed. 140Bhp/ 240 tq at 2600rpm. WMF file from KS. Cant upload.
You can convert files on the Land and Sea Dyno software to a format you can upload.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:56   #32
BHPian

This is quite astonishing! Two resistors is all it takes? I am planning major performance upgrades for my Octy. Now this is definitely worth delving deep into. I would like to hear what Turbo India has to say about this. What say Peter?
Old 13th July 2010, 16:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps you guys should go through the complete thread before reaching your conclusions. Skip the numbers if you want, but the advice given on the previous page is worth reading before you guys run to your local hardware/electrical stores and start soldering resistors across various sensors.

For people whose cars are using MAP sensors, do you know that decreasing the amount of vacuum/negative pressure reported to your ECU will also do something similar to this? This principle is applied by Piggybacks like Greddy's and other manufacturers'. Similar mods can be done on cars using MAF sensors too.

At the end of the day, you are fooling the ECU into thinking that the conditions require more fuel when they usually don't. People should understand that just injecting more fuel per stroke is not the holy grail that it is made out to be, and will usually cause more harm in the long term. Going by some people's lines of thinking, I'm surprised that people haven't started selling bigger injectors as a shortcut to make more power on relatively stock cars. I guess they're still doing fine by selling adjustable FPRs.

Last edited by pranavt : 13th July 2010 at 16:42.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
140bhp @ wheels or at crank ? Do you have other mods ? 1.9TDI stock is 90bhp at crank, so i am puzzled ??
Old 13th July 2010, 18:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
You can convert files on the Land and Sea Dyno software to a format you can upload.
K.Will do. A update on the mod. I found that the IAT Brown/blue wire at the MAP sensor is in fact the ground and along with the lower Temp signal was also affecting my pressure readings. I ve removed the resistor from that wire and have soldered it onto the Pin2 Grey/green wire. Now IAT which showed 38.7 C is altered to show 16C. To clarify a bit I m only documenting mods on my car and in no way preaching or encouraging others to enter into mods without researching the effects. And yes its a Turbo Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
140bhp @ wheels or at crank ? Do you have other mods ? 1.9TDI stock is 90bhp at crank, so i am puzzled ??
KS s dyno is WHP. My other mods are mainly responsible for the dyno figures like I mentioned before. [ remap,turbo,injector nozzles,cam,head work,TIP,exhaust,lift pump,clutch,brakes, oil cooler,suspension]

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2010 at 13:57. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:46   #36
BANNED

Quote:
KS s dyno is WHP. My other mods are mainly responsible for the dyno figures like I mentioned before. [ remap,turbo,injector nozzles,cam,head work,TIP,exhaust,lift pump,clutch,brakes, oil cooler,suspension]
Hi Buddy,

These gains are sounding unrealistic considering that a Stage 1 remap in a RS was dynoed at a max of 137 or something like that.

Not doubting your claims but would be nice to see a dyno.

Viper
Old 13th July 2010, 20:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Assuming that this WMF file is the standard Windows image file, you can just open it on your desktop using the default program, take a screenshot (PrintScreen), paste it in mspaint and save it as a JPG/PNG file.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Assuming that this WMF file is the standard Windows image file, you can just open it on your desktop using the default program, take a screenshot (PrintScreen), paste it in mspaint and save it as a JPG/PNG file.
Thanx Man. Tried it and here goes.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY : 2 rupee performance modification for the Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI. Works too!-graph-skoda-3103.jpg  

Old 14th July 2010, 14:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. What a chart!! I presume its a diesel Skoda. Unbelievable results from the mods you have mentioned. Can you enlighten us as to what turbo you are using, cams(???), Where have these mods been implemented? Is it a Petes specific mod and what ECU are you running? Also are you using a stock block? I ask all this because a dramatic rise in WHP as is in your case, is, IMHO is quite unbelievable with the mods you have specified above.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:37   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What i want to know is that after so many mods, why would you do this little mod? When you could have done all of that by adjusting your map?
Old 14th July 2010, 14:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats. What a chart!! I presume its a diesel Skoda. Unbelievable results from the mods you have mentioned. Can you enlighten us as to what turbo you are using, cams(???), Where have these mods been implemented? Is it a Petes specific mod and what ECU are you running? Also are you using a stock block? I ask all this because a dramatic rise in WHP as is in your case, is, IMHO is quite unbelievable with the mods you have specified above.

Please read his first post - It mentions that the car is a stock Skoda 1.9 TDi and he has spent Rs. 2 to get this amazing stuff.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know that KS dyno provides WHP, but was checking if you pro-rated power at crank. If you have a ECU remap, I am really wondering why you would do the resister mod - confused you know.
And esp since you hint at an uprated turbo, bigger injectors, aggressive cams etc.
140bhp WHP is great - almost twice stock !
Old 14th July 2010, 14:45   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Please read his first post - It mentions that the car is a stock Skoda 1.9 TDi and he has spent Rs. 2 to get this amazing stuff.
Read post no.35. It lists out the mods on his car.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Read post no.35. It lists out the mods on his car.
, I stand corrected
Old 14th July 2010, 23:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Apologies if I inadvertently stated that the mod was done on a stock 1.9Tdi. As I ve since posted my mods are quite a few.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks