Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 07:14   #196

Re: Citroen eC3 Review

LFP battery cells for eC3 are supplied by SVolt, while the electric motor is supplied by BYD.

https://twitter.com/TeslaClubIN/stat...sqt3-QIsQ&s=19

Prismatic cells enable better packaging than cylindrical cells. Phase change material between the cells is an interesting prospect, would explain why eC3's air cooled battery pack is heavier than Nexon Prime's liquid cooled battery pack.

I hope Citroen provided more details about their battery pack design and warranty.
Magicallyme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 20:58   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
Attachment 2424248

Attachment 2424249

Attachment 2424250

A quick Excel comparison of the dimensions. We need to consider more than just the length.
You should always use the shadow area ( L*W). Works well just like Built up area in case of real estate.
Old 27th September 2023, 21:10   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post

most of the parts are from sourced from BYD, which is one of the most reputed electric vehicle manufacturer globally.
If this is true, that alone should be a good reason to buy eC3 over Nexon.

Nobody except Warren Buffet believed in BYD when it got investments from him in 2009. Since then BYD has become the biggest competition to Tesla and beats Tesla in overall sales and regularly beats CATL in battery sales/technology, all this despite Tesla having more than 5+ years of head start.

Looking at current Tiff between india and China, we might not see India assembled BYD in foreseeable future so this eC3 along with BYD-CBUs are the next best thing on offer IMO in Indian EV market.
anu21v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:51   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen C3 IV for Europe, launching next week:

Citroen eC3 Review-5dhdrkz8welcv08gf0ouf5nvynrg0plf.png

Citroen eC3 Review-4sgtx50m00qmwm0cvcs0fzafpkrajcbz.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 10:57   #200
BHPian

It is unfortunate, the kind of apathy our country receives from these French car makers. This EU-spec C3 looks so much nicer, and I'm sure the quality will be several notches higher thanks to a better platform.
Our market is maturing, with the lower-end of the market no longer dominating; and these guys think they can push el-cheapo stuff here. You have some of the best designers and engineers, PSA/Stellantis; please give us a real French car like the 309.
Old 8th November 2023, 22:46   #201
Senior - BHPian

Citroën ë-C3 gets a festive INR 11k price hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWale
The model was launched in the country earlier this year at a starting price of Rs. 11.50 lakh (ex-showroom). Now, the French automaker has revised the prices of the eC3 by Rs. 11,000 across all variants.
Live Rs. 11.61 lakh
Feel Rs. 12.49 lakh
Feel Vibe Pack Rs. 12.64 lakh
Feel Vibe Pack Dual Tone Rs. 12.79 lakh
Source
Old 9th November 2023, 07:21   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Citroën ë-C3 gets a festive INR 11k price hike.

Source
I hardly see any ownership reviews of this car in TBHP, I was supposed to buy one, dodged a bullet I feel. With the price hike they are on a downhill trajectory
Old 10th November 2023, 21:10   #203

Citroen eC3 Ownership Issues

Issues With My Newly Bought eC3:

My family in Ahmedabad, Gujarat had a new eC3 delivered on the 24th of October as a replacement to our Honda Brio iVtec. Everybody was excited and the car performed nicely. The dealership gave us a warning to disconnect the low voltage if it would be idle for more than 15 days, very strange. Now remember, we have a MG ZS EV since 2022 which had a couple of quality issues, like body panels creaking and messed-up suspension, but otherwise, not a single issues with the battery ever.
On the 30th of October, my family left for a week long vacation after charging the car to 100%. When they returned on the 6th of November, the car refused to start and had to be towed away . The dealer guy, after returning the car 72 hours afterwards, told us, “Ab shaayad se ek week me liye Bhi disconnect kar dena”(Maybe now if you’re going for a week also, you disconnect it(low voltage battery)). My dad got pissed and wanted to know if this was for all eC3’s or just ours? The dealer guy also mentioned that they had updated the BMS system but my parents are worried that what if the car randomly stops somewhere. It’s so messed up.
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:23   #204
BHPian

Citroen is finally launching eC3 Shine variant with much needed (essential) features. Got this from a telegram group.

Citroen eC3 Review-img_1302.png
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:27   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Citroen is finally launching eC3 Shine variant with much needed (essential) features. Got this from a telegram group.

Attachment 2563089
Is it also getting the new MID, image seems to indicate but the announcement doesn't.

IMO though its a Dead Product unless it gets a substantial price cut, liquid cooling and provide 7.2kw OBC.

A very capable car let down by poor market research. While I did feel a bit of regret that I should have waited for Punch.ev instead of getting my Tiago.ev, I would have been depressed if I had got this! and the Punch launched at such good prices
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:31   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroen eC3 Ownership Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthu101 View Post

Issues With My Newly Bought eC3:

The dealership gave us a warning to disconnect the low voltage if it would be idle for more than 15 days, very strange.

, “Ab shaayad se ek week me liye Bhi disconnect kar dena”(Maybe now if you’re going for a week also, you disconnect it(low voltage battery)).
Disconnecting the 12v battery during extended periods of disuse is a standard practice with EV. The Nexon EV manual also recommends doing the same if the car is not going to be used for 15 days or more.

Another thing that can happen is that there is always the off chance the car gets parked in accessory mode by mistake. This will drain the 12v battery in not much time. Either way, it is a best practice to have a basic jump start kit handy for such situations. Your EV will have to be jump started, just like any automatic car.
Old 24th January 2024, 09:29   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Is it also getting the new MID, image seems to indicate but the announcement doesn't.

IMO though its a Dead Product unless it gets a substantial price cut, liquid cooling and provide 7.2kw OBC.

A very capable car let down by poor market research.
Doesn't look like the car gets new MID. I wish it atleast got new MID and 7.2 KW charger. From users feedback, looks like they have sorted the charging curve for DCFC (albeit severely crippled charging rates!!) and the car may never get liquid cooling.

BTW, Citroen's website is updated with eC3 Shine pricing and new brochure. Looks like they have discontinued the Orange color (God knows why!) and introduced new Blue color.

Citroen eC3 Review-screenshot-20240124-9.23.27-am.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eC3 eBrochure (18.1.24).pdf (4.93 MB, 90 views)

Last edited by Comrade : 24th January 2024 at 09:36.
Old 20th February 2024, 11:22   #208
BHPian

Unless Citroen decides to drop the ex-showroom price to undercut the Tiago EV, this car is now pointless. Heck even my Tiago EV is now pointless since the Punch EV is out.

A rare case of a car where the ICE version is a better , faster and cheaper to own over a 8 year period

Last edited by mally2 : 20th February 2024 at 11:25.
mally2 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 10:59   #209
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BluSmart a leading full-stack vertically integrated e-mobility ride hailing service and EV charging infrastructure network company has signed a MoU with Citroen, the leading French automaker, to integrate 4,000 electric vehicles (EVs) into its fleet.

As part of the initial phase, 125 Citroen e-C3 were flagged off from BluSmart’s EV charging superhub in Bangalore.
https://www.financialexpress.com/bus...fleet-3429105/

Looks like they've managed to off-load a fair bit of stock!
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 14:51   #210
BHPian

Disappointing Result For Citroën ë-C3 At Global NCAP

Citroen eC3 scores a disappointing but not suprising zero stars at the Global NCAP.

Courtesy AckoDrive on YouTube
TejasKinger is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks