Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 11:18   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Can someone share images of how good/bad the rear seat mats by Hyundai fit? My dealer has not been able to get them so I am thinking of just buying some universal mats instead as people have complaint about Hyundai official rear mats as well.
Here you go. In the photos it does look like it is getting stuck under the center console but to be honest I hadn't noticed this until now.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_1157.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img_1156.jpg
zandot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 11:23   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Here you go. In the photos it does look like it is getting stuck under the center console but to be honest I hadn't noticed this until now.
Thanks, it seems they have not properly accounted for the sliding centre console.
Old 18th May 2023, 11:09   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Inoiq 5 event PR from Hyundai:

Name:  ioniqevent.png
Views: 837
Size:  439.2 KB

Video link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CriFVGet_oF/
Old 18th May 2023, 12:06   #274
BHPian

I have been following up represenatives with HMIL and Modi Hyundai for the all-weather mats for quite sometime now. Nobody has a clue regarding their availability. HMIL relationship manager pushes it onto the dealership who push it back on the HMIL.

Finally, I got an email today from HMIL, after some escalations, that there is no timeline for getting the all-weather mats and fabric mats are the only option at the moment.

In Mumbai, we will be getting rains within a month or so. Considering this and my lost faith in Hyundai, I am thinking of importing the mats from a country which is RHD and has Ioniq 5 on sale. Have pinged dealerships from UK, Singapore, AUS and NZ yesterday. Waiting for responses.
thesidmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 14:59   #275
BHPian

Can someone confirm how the "boss mode" button on the side of the passenger seat works? I thought it was supposed to let us push the seats forward to create more legroom for the rear passengers but I can only get it to recline and move further back. Defeating it's purpose.

Am I missing something/ doing something wrong?
Old 20th May 2023, 11:32   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Have not tried it yet but dealer salesman told me that it's supposed to turn on the AC in the car.
Yes. Press the lock button, and then hold this button for a few seconds. It turns on the aircon, and so far I always see the flaps on the bumper open when I do this.

Alternatively, use the Bluelink app to turn on aircon remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidmania View Post
I have been following up represenatives with HMIL and Modi Hyundai for the all-weather mats for quite sometime now. Nobody has a clue regarding their availability. HMIL relationship manager pushes it onto the dealership who push it back on the HMIL.

Finally, I got an email today from HMIL, after some escalations, that there is no timeline for getting the all-weather mats and fabric mats are the only option at the moment.

In Mumbai, we will be getting rains within a month or so. Considering this and my lost faith in Hyundai, I am thinking of importing the mats from a country which is RHD and has Ioniq 5 on sale. Have pinged dealerships from UK, Singapore, AUS and NZ yesterday. Waiting for responses.
I'd be surprised if dealers overseas will bother responding for a low value item such as all weather mats. Love to order if they do.

Ideally I'd like the Exact Mats https://www.exactmats.com/products/hy-182, which are translucent enough that you can see the original mats below. This can also be done DIY with a anti-skid chair mat cut into shape manually, but I'm not able to find one with spikes at the bottom.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 20th May 2023 at 11:42.
Old 20th May 2023, 12:05   #277
BHPian

My dealer hasn't been able to even source normal carpet mats, does anyone know any dealer in NCR that can get me the mats?
Old 20th May 2023, 12:06   #278
BHPian

On efficiency, I've figured the following during city drives:

1. Peak hour traffic + 40 degrees celsius : ~ 5.5 KM / KWH

2. Just before / after the worst of peak hour traffic (some bumper to bumper) + 35 degree celsius: ~ 7 KM / KWH

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-screenshot-20230520-11.59.22-am.png

3. Low traffic (some red lights) + 25 degree celsius: ~ 8 KM / KWH

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-screenshot-20230520-11.57.49-am.png

(That's 631 km full range - same as ARAI )

If we go by the energy consumption breakup shown on the Bluelink app, climate control is shown to consume about half the energy used in driving. Hence, the key factor is likely to be climate control consumption, whether it's because of a high temperature outside, or because of the longer duration of trip.

Sidenote: Energy consumption figures on the Bluelink app are overly optimistic compared to what's shown on the car. Anyone else sees inconsistent numbers too?

Last edited by ricky_speed : 20th May 2023 at 12:19.
Old 21st May 2023, 01:00   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone share images of how good/bad the rear seat mats by Hyundai fit? My dealer has not been able to get them so I am thinking of just buying some universal mats instead as people have complaint about Hyundai official rear mats as well.
I thought the EV6 launch was highly disorganized but the Ioniq 5 is on another level. How have they not managed to figure out supplying dealers with basic accessories like mats?
Old 21st May 2023, 11:21   #280
Senior - BHPian

I know I speak as an outsider, but with all this hullabaloo over mats, why not consider high quality aftermarket solutions for it, such as Kagu?

Sure, it costs a fair bit, but fit and finish is impeccable, longevity is excellent, and cleaning it is easy. Hot wheels in Bangalore should be able to source it for you guys.
Old 23rd May 2023, 07:25   #281
BHPian

Faced the dreaded Zombie mode yesterday while heading back from work. Car has done 1700km till now - If you don’t know what this is please google it - seems like an ongoing Ioniq5 problem.

Got in the vehicle to go home after a long day, car would not go into Ready mode only N and P but rest of the features were fine. Red battery icon and the key not found symbol - even tho key was in the car and the vehicle booted up (seat moved forward ac started etc etc) but no ready mode.

Tried some of the quick fixes mentioned on Reddit and the Ioniq 5 forum and none worked but thankfully since I was at work managed to disconnect the 12v battery wait for 10 mins and then the vehicle started.

It seems it’s still an ongoing issue for Hyundai and it clearly affects our vehicles too. First time I have faced such an issue with an EV, sadly it had to happen with my favourite one.
zandot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 07:41   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Faced the dreaded Zombie mode yesterday while heading back from work. Car has done 1700km till now - If you don’t know what this is please google it - seems like an ongoing Ioniq5 problem.

Got in the vehicle to go home after a long day, car would not go into Ready mode only N and P but rest of the features were fine. Red battery icon and the key not found symbol - even tho key was in the car and the vehicle booted up (seat moved forward ac started etc etc) but no ready mode.

Tried some of the quick fixes mentioned on Reddit and the Ioniq 5 forum and none worked but thankfully since I was at work managed to disconnect the 12v battery wait for 10 mins and then the vehicle started.

It seems it’s still an ongoing issue for Hyundai and it clearly affects our vehicles too. First time I have faced such an issue with an EV, sadly it had to happen with my favourite one.
I first faced something similar on the day of the delivery. On a red light, I moved the vehicle to P. When the light turned green, it wouldn't move back to D, only switch between P and N. To resolve this, I turned off the car using the Start/Stop button and turned it back on after 5-10 seconds. It's like your ICE car refusing to crank when you have a low battery.

After this happened a few more times, I've been using Autohold with D instead of moving to P. Too bad it's not easy to reproduce, and I'm unwilling to risk is on a public street given the amount of honking a stopped car on a green light invites. The dealership says it might be because the doors weren't locked etc, but it's not that the car refused to start on the first go. It happened on a red light with no changes to door locks or seatbelts. As I was pretty sure I was doing something wrong, I ensured everything was per manual when this happened next (locked doors, seatbelts and brake pedal pressed when moving to D). They haven't asked to bring the car for diagnostics - perhaps the service staff is yet to be trained for Ioniq 5?

I did record a video but looks like I might have to upload to youtube before posting it here!
ricky_speed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 08:22   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone share a video on how to do this (disconnect and reconnect the 12v battery) in our car specifically.
Old 23rd May 2023, 10:47   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post
Y
Ideally I'd like the Exact Mats https://www.exactmats.com/products/hy-182, which are translucent enough that you can see the original mats below.
Pls be wary of procuring from US since these are tailored for LHD markets. We need to get from UK/AUS etc..

This applies to the Front Mats and also the Screen protector where the orientiation and the cuts vary betweek LHD and RHD.
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:33   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post

After this happened a few more times, I've been using Autohold with D instead of moving to P. Too bad it's not easy to reproduce, and I'm unwilling to risk is on a public street given the amount of honking a stopped car on a green light invites. The dealership says it might be because the doors weren't locked etc, but it's not that the car refused to start on the first go.

Oh wow! That sounds a lot worse than my issue. I don't generally put automatic vehicles in N and just keep my foot on the brake, if it's a long wait then I usually put it in P. But it's good to know that this issue is occurring so will make sure to not repeat it.

As expected I spoke to the Hyundai service manager and he had no clue what I was going on about, his response was "Are you sure you had your foot on the brake? You need to put the foot on the brake to start the car" "It's started now na? Then the car is fine"

Seems to be an ongoing issue internationally with the 12v batteries getting drained on the Ioniq's as there are a lot of youtube videos and posts about it. Let's hope they come up with a fix soon as I would really hate to sell this car if it causes me to get stranded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks