Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2004, 00:32   #91
Team-BHP Support

Just shot this few days back in Goa. One can name it total bliss.

Old 19th November 2004, 00:42   #92
Senior - BHPian

Yay Rudra is back! I'm sure there is more where that came from, right pal?

Nice pics gkrishn, it's amazing how much clarity these digicams can offer. I guess i need to buy myself a digicam and get out more.
Old 19th November 2004, 00:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

how?! mein poochta hoon how?!
I can never understand how you guys take such photos..........I guess you need that perfect setting!

okay Rudra what should I do if I wanna take a good photo of say a flower, whenever I've tried doing that, I don't get those super colors the way gkrishn got. Moreover, what if I want to remove the sunset photo?? I need to make the shutter speed low right? and what about aperture? or what other settings should I do??
Old 19th November 2004, 00:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

well I removed this sunset photo without the sun anyways plz tell me is it good?? good enough??? the worst photo you've ever seen???
what should I do to improve it? I made the shutter speed very low, aperture high, flash off, white balance auto.

Old 19th November 2004, 02:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Rudra's latest pic gave me a good idea.........I just cropped this pic, the one that v12 posted earlier and did the auto-contrast and auto-level thing in photoshop.........is this good???

Old 19th November 2004, 09:46   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Gordon @ Nov. 18 2004,22:19)]okay Rudra what should I do if I wanna take a good photo of say a flower, whenever I've tried doing that, I don't get those super colors the way gkrishn got. Moreover, what if I want to remove the sunset photo?? I need to make the shutter speed low right? and what about aperture? or what other settings should I do??
Gordon,
that's a loaded question. gkrishn's flower pics were shot in almost top light and he was lucky not to get a harsh strong light from the noon sun.
There is no hard and first rule for any camera setting. It all depends on the subject. How to work out the right exposure setting needs a proper explanation. I don't know if this is the right place or thread to do that. Moderators, let me know if I can do it here or on a other topic/thread.

ported_head,
I was in Goa for a photography assignment. Didn't get much time to shoot something for me except for some nice graphic frames I like.
I'm still shooting on regular film camera and not planning to go for a digital since that's way expesive for me.
I was shooting somebody's house and this one is for my collection.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th June 2010 at 23:27. Reason: Hijacked image LINK removed - showing incorrect larger image. See reported post by "rdna".
Old 19th November 2004, 11:16   #97
BHPian

Thanks guys. These are very few good ones i managed out of the hundreds of crap photos i have shot. Lets hope that rudra starts a seperate thread and teach us something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Nov. 19 2004,07:16)] gkrishn's flower pics were shot in almost top light and he was lucky not to get a harsh strong light from the noon sun.
Dude... u rock... you got a very good eye. Teach me... teach me... Pls...
Yes, these pic were taken at noon under tropical sun. But this was also done in a botanical garden. With large trees all around. So not much of harsh light or shadow.

Gordon,
I have tried taking flower pics with beter camera. Elan IIe, lens 100/2.8 macro and tripod et al. The lens particularly made for taking close up photo graphy. But never achived this level of color in them. Once main reason is processing. The "1 hour labs" always almost screw up the processing.
Old 19th November 2004, 12:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

about exposure, I need to check the histogram to see whether it is being overexposed or underexposed, right? And to change or correct the exposure, I should reposition myself, or change the exposure setting in Programmed Mode, right?? But I've tried that many times, and I don't get the "COLOR" right!

I also thought that if you keep the shutter open for long, the color comes perfect, but flowers n most stuff do not remain still, so the pic comes blurred. Before you tell me that I should keep the cam still too, I keep it in such a way that the cam doesn't move.
Old 19th November 2004, 13:08   #99
BHPian

One of those crapy holiday pics. Shot after holi at stanford univ. Again G3 was used. One lady(she didnt knew which button to press for shutter release) there took the pic for us. I never got this **color** in a slr. Reason being film processing.
Most of the new gen cameras have very good metering system. Very intelligent too. Unless u screw up things, they never screw up.

I have no idea about histograms or how to read them. Is it possible for u to post couple of pics where u think u didnt get the color right?

Keeping shutter open for long doesn’t guarantee good color. Like for example if ur taking a landscape, u might need a small aperature opening for maxi depth of field(means, objects which are few meters away to objects which are at infinite dist has to be in focus). You will have to go for slooow shutter speed in this case. Above pic again was shot under bright sun (look at those sharp shadows) and with fast shutter speed.

+ Color also depends on the lens and film.

Old 19th November 2004, 14:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

took this pic today, this one was good.........of my [s]watch
Rudra and gkrishn, I'll take pics in the early evenings and post the ones in which I have problems.......

Old 19th November 2004, 14:22   #101
BHPian

These are taken in fortcochin.i had already posted it in another thread loooong bak.

Old 19th November 2004, 20:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

took these photosof a tree, is this right? or could it have been better, coz I know if it was Rudra clicking, it'd have been mind-blowing

programmed mode

programmed mode [sepia]
Old 19th November 2004, 20:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

Just like Team-bhp for auto buffs there is an Indian photo forum India Online Photo Club. Post your pics there and get the reviews by critics.
Old 19th November 2004, 22:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

I'd posted this pic on beterphoto.com way back in 2002, luckily, i just happened to find it just yesterday.

My pic at beter photo.com

Shan2nu
Old 19th November 2004, 23:00   #105
BHPian

Gordon, the color in this photo looks okie. The tree trunk and leaves have natural color. What I find difficult is some parts of the pic are completely washed out.

What camera is this? How much can u control the aperture and shutter speed in this camera? I would suggest taking the same shot with small aperture. You might need a tripod then. Also the far off trunk and leaves are out of focus. Small aperture will also bring them into focus. Just my thought.

Browse thru photo.net. You will come across some amazing pics there. Also do a complete read up of http://www.photo.net/learn/

Also get hooked up with egroups like "bangaloreshutterbugs" and "India-nature-pixs", where u will get good critique.

Shan, thats a fantastic one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks