Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 11:17   #10576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
...It's just a matter of a minute or two, to remove the signature from most of the images.
I didn't know that, thought a signature on the image and low resolution will make it unusable for prints !

Loved the colors in your image, but would have moved bit left or right to avoid that heap of root/soil/stones. I am talking about the visual feel, not very sure of the technical aspects.

I am more interested in people as a latest craze, not getting enough of street/village faces.

TG, I prefer to use the 18-50 for such shots, but here I was surrounded by cow dung and goat pee all over, there was no choice but to use the 70-200, but you know, didn't steal any moment, made everyone pose for me
The Official non-auto Image thread-07.jpg
78mm, f/11, ISO-100

Last edited by shajufx : 30th September 2010 at 11:23.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:31   #10577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I didn't know that, thought a signature on the image and low resolution will make it unusable for prints !
Low resolution will anyway make it unusable for large prints... Its not very easy to remove the signature from a lower resolution image without leaving some trails, but it may be relatively easy to do that from a larger image.

If you post lower resolution images, then a signature may not be required for this purpose because nobody is going to print it..!
Old 30th September 2010, 12:10   #10578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
You are the doing good in macro. Beautiful capture.
Thank you Pawan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Balkan landscape (20 chars)
Awesome is the word. Love the layers concept to depict depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Beautiful shot ravan!

Attachment 432034

Regards,
TG.
TG,
That's one heck of a shot. Just a question though, when you process how do you decide on what parts of your photograph gets the light?

Quote:
@Hw: All the best, expecting some macros from US&A!
Thank you Clevermax. Doubt if I'll be able to do any macro in the next few months, with winter around the corner, but I will definitely shoot some fall colors.

Quote:
I am more interested in people as a latest craze, not getting enough of street/village faces.

TG, I prefer to use the 18-50 for such shots, but here I was surrounded by cow dung and goat pee all over, there was no choice but to use the 70-200, but you know, didn't steal any moment, made everyone pose for me
Attachment 432203
78mm, f/11, ISO-100
Umm, I'd probably have gone with landscape mode for this shot shaju as the first person's face is cut. Kinda makes me uncomfortable :(.

Quote:
Low resolution will anyway make it unusable for large prints... Its not very easy to remove the signature from a lower resolution image without leaving some trails, but it may be relatively easy to do that from a larger image.

If you post lower resolution images, then a signature may not be required for this purpose because nobody is going to print it..!
And we can never under-estimate what a GF can do. GF here is Genuine Fractals . If someone really wants to steal a photograph, they can, can't do much about it actually.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-5015402964_30ab47d521_b.jpg  

Last edited by HellwratH : 30th September 2010 at 12:11. Reason: Removed extra smileys.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:35   #10579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Signature also has another hidden result my friend, thats an inner happiness and feeling that you are a high-quality world known photographer. The whole purpose of editing, framing, adding signature etc are all part of that desperate attempt to make oneself feel that 'my photo is the best', although in reality its a poor man's late attempt in life to learn an art. Hope you agree with me . But you know what, I like my present signature more than my shots, now come and kick me for that..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Umm, I'd probably have gone with landscape mode for this shot shaju as the first person's face is cut. Kinda makes me uncomfortable
I was experimenting something here and its a series of 3 shots focusing individual faces of each of them. May be it didn't work. Anyway here is one for you, this is before the others joined him.

Bokeh Hope !!??
Name:  23bw.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  239.5 KB
86mm, f/2.8, ISO-100

Last edited by shajufx : 30th September 2010 at 12:39.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:07   #10580
Senior - BHPian

The future of things to come if we dont wake up now...
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_2628.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 15:13   #10581
BHPian

@pawan
Just too busy to travel far and out, hence do not expect any landscape from my lens any time soon!

@HW
The darkness you see is not doen in post, its because I look for such lighting while I shoot. Also, I use spot metering, thus the exposure is perfect for the bright lizards and the surrounding area thats darker sort of dimmed out.

@Shaju
Its not about making everyone pose for you Shaju. It's about getting out of your comfort zone to shoot images. Such images always speak more and look good because not many would have gone to that extend to capture them. If you make yourself visible, as in not hide and shoot...or shoot and then let them know you shot them, its still considered ethical. I see you really going for the street, start looking for stories in your compositions now...try connecting stuff together to tell a story.
I recently did a documentary photoshoot on the American Freedom of Expression. Here is one shot from a street fair. Conflict of ideals is the story captured. I have sort of connected many visual elements here..try to decipher them to understand the story.
The Official non-auto Image thread-5033879145_8b5e76df00_b.jpg
Regards,
TG.
Old 30th September 2010, 17:09   #10582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....If you make yourself visible, as in not hide and shoot...or shoot and then let them know you shot them, its still considered ethical. I see you really going for the street, start looking for stories in your compositions now...try connecting stuff together to tell a story.
Thanks for the tips, its some serious stuff, I take it whole heartedly. Putting into practice needs a lot of experimenting and patience, hope to get it right.

I didn't understand your image for a while, then I assume its two extreme sides of beliefs, am I right ? Do you classify them as Journalistic type ?
Old 30th September 2010, 23:29   #10583
Senior - BHPian

Titan Raga; to be gifted tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_0038-custom.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 23:39   #10584
Senior - BHPian

JK, photographing objects is a tricky business, you have to really play with the lighting to get those presentable shots, an example from my flickr album

Reflections | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pramod
Old 1st October 2010, 00:40   #10585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recently did a documentary photoshoot on the American Freedom of Expression. Here is one shot from a street fair. Conflict of ideals is the story captured. I have sort of connected many visual elements here..try to decipher them to understand the story.
Nice one - two extremes.
Old 1st October 2010, 02:24   #10586
Distinguished - BHPian

@shaju: nice portrait..a li'l too tightly cropped for me and maybe you can shift your signature to the border.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_9607c.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_9193b.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_9595.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_8838.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st October 2010, 05:16   #10587
BHPian

Quote:
pawan, it is just the 18-70mm lens @ 18mm. Don't you think your last picture needs some straightening up?
Some of your shot look like wide angle lens.
I recently learnt the PP and using Picasa software, no idea how to straighten the image, today I have downloaded trial version of adobe lightroom, will try to learn the straightening.

The small mosquito sitting on the bug's leg looks funny.
Quote:
Thanks for the tips, its some serious stuff, I take it whole heartedly. Putting into practice needs a lot of experimenting and patience, hope to get it right.

I didn't understand your image for a while, then I assume its two extreme sides of beliefs, am I right ? Do you classify them as Journalistic type ?
@Shaju - I agree with TG, you should be capturing the people with action, the one you had posted the village children were playing was good.

@robimahanta: like the third pics
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-pawan-pullarwar-photography6.jpg  

Old 1st October 2010, 09:20   #10588
Senior - BHPian

@Pawan: You can straighten even in Picasa.
Tree with red leaves, move a bit more away from the subject and include some more space...

TG, street photography with a wide angle lens - you make some very interesting snaps!

Last edited by clevermax : 1st October 2010 at 09:21.
Old 1st October 2010, 09:28   #10589
Senior - BHPian

Robinsir, thanks. Any chance of getting a high resolution of the bridge ? Nice wallpaper material.
Pawan, Portrait and Action are two different things. My both posts above are portraits. I have posted many action shots before (drummers, festival dance, village kids etc). About your last image: place the tree off-centre, it would give a more pleasing result.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:48   #10590
BHPian

Schliersee

@Shaju and clever: Thanks for suggestion. Seems like I am really doing the composition wrong. Next time I will take care.

Well, today I am going october fest, my office booked the tent for us. Taking my camera along, cause I am non-drinker and vegeterian, so for me nothing is there.

Pool on mountian
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-schliersee_08.jpg  

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 1st October 2010 at 12:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks