Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:38   #76
BHPian

Other Equipments Other companies:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords
I read a better company, with confident product gives a industry matching warranty.

s0uljah
I wouldnt like to debate better or worse

Though it would help if you could provide the Model #/Manufacturer and price to make a fair comparison.

HomeFitnessDirect are also authorized distributors for Life Fitness, Nautilus, Schwinn & Stairmaster if your interested in higher end cardio equipment.
Proline Fitness, Model: M207 Elliptical - Rs.26,000 /- [1 Year Warnty]
Atom Fitness, Model: AFC-3618E - Rs. 28,000/-
[1 Year Warnty]
HomeFitnessDirect, Model: RE500 - Rs.27,000/- [6 months Warnty]

These are the models that fall in the "Under 30,000" category and other Equipments from Afton and ACME are higher end, and come with a higher price tag, and are very very bulky in hogging space. Not suitable for home use, looks like a GYM Equipment and priced around 48000 - upto 2,00,000/-

All the above are with Bill & Warranty, and Proline Fitness is a very old player in this business, and have some good name in Chennai, Bangalore and Bombay alike.

Off the above 3 models, I thought the Atom Fitness model was over priced, and less sturdy. It was not able to sit properly on the ground with firmness. it was weakly built and looks colorful and comic. They offer a good discount if you are in a mood to purchase immediately.

-- Some one who is using the RE500 from HomeFitness please make some comments about the product please. --

cheers,
MS
Old 4th November 2008, 10:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

HomeFitnessDirect is not a brand, but the name of retail stores that carry the brand of "Physique" products.
(Gym Equipment & Fitness Equipment | Home Fitness Direct | Treadmills | Exercise Bikes | Hoist Fitness | Life Fitness | Sportop | Physique).

The RE500 has a superior build / Flywheel (10kg) compared to *any* of the machines in the sub 40000INR segment. The flywheel, is something you seriously need to consider as a yardstick as this is the equivalent of a motor in a treadmill.

Just so you know Reebok retails the same product in the UK and rebadges them as "Reebok Classic 5 Series Elliptical Crosstrainer".

Reebok 5 Series Elliptical Cross Trainer: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

Finally wrt to the RE500 I doubt you will get any referances on this forum, I could provide you with numbers of existing customers who use this product. Some of who are in the 110KG+ category.

Also Ellipticals(any brand) requires ZERO maintenance unlike a treadmill and nothing ever usually goes wrong. The 6 month warranty is just to protect you from any Manufacturing defects if any. Its company policy and not because we dont have confidence in our product.

MillionSwords... google is your friend, do some sleuthing and check on the background of the machines you have shortlisted

Mods, just so you know Iv only tried clearing some of the questions that MS has raised. Since the forum is public, leaving them unanswered would be detrimental to me/our product. Hope Im not crossing the line here.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:13   #78
knp
BHPian

I had bought Elliptical at RelianceMart, Bangalore for 13.6k. I have been using this for more than a month and felt better than treadmill. Esp, my dad (who is 65 yrs old) felt better than treadmill.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:06   #79
BHPian

Bumping up a old thread. I am looking for a treadmill for myself for home use. Main user would be me only. I need one for losing weight mainly. I am almost 100 Kgs. My budget is 35K. Not looking for something with loads of features but definitely looking for something with good quality and long warranty.

Suggest me one easily available in Noida or South Delhi.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:04   #80
BHPian

Hi guys,

Can you suggest me a good treadmill. My budget is 40K but can stretch to 60K if required. This will be mainly used by my parents n myself. Im 6feet and 95kgs and i looing to shed atleat 10 kilos thru proper diet and running. So I require a 2.5HP model. Space is not a constraint so wud prefer a non folding one. Im from Hyderabad and apart from homedirectfitnes and proline i have no idea as where to look for other brands. So request for hyd guys for some advice reg the stores.

tia
Old 7th December 2009, 09:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

A treadmill should be bought mainly with respect to the weight of the user. Also check out the features offered by the treadmill.Would be more fun to work out with more exciting features.
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:36   #82
BHPian

Hello Fellas,

We desperately need a good treadmill. After a lot of deliberation whether to go for a treadmill or elliptical cross trainer, we have decided to go in for a treadmill. And guys......yes I have tried jogging outdoors and yoga but in vain. moreover the terrain around the place we live is not suitable for jogging or walking.hence the decision. So please dont suggest to jog or yog.
-- Three people will be using it, my parents and myself.
-- Max user weight is 97Kg, height is 6 feet.
-- Motor duty shud be atleast 2HP continuous.
-- Running belt dimension shud not be less than 20X55 inches.
-- My budget is 60K but can be stretched to 1Lakh.
-- Shud be a reliable one and serve me long.

I have been to some of the stores in Hyderabad and selected some models that suited my reqs.

1. BSA-ADLER TA2000(2HP cont AC Motor, 60X20, 170max user weight)---Rs.80K

2.Magnum TM8642i(2.5HP cont DC, 20X60, 120)---Rs.91K

3.Horizon Adventure 3---Rs.88K

4.Fuel Fitness Tredmill(2 CHP DC, 20X55, 130)--75K

5.Physique GFIT T500 (2 CHP DC, 20X52, 130)--Rs.80K-90K

Guys need to decide fast.Any good brands available in India that I have missed? I have looked at various other brands like Life Fitness, Nordic Track, Pro-Form, STEX etc which are all way over my budget.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:30   #83
BHPian

I am looking for buying an Elliptical
The enquired price for HomeFitnessDirect Elliptical RE500 model in Bangalore today is 32k (MRP ~49k)

Can any body recently bought/enquired RE500, comment on the pricing
Old 9th March 2010, 17:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

Twiny,

I would be inclined to join a gym. The low end elliptical machines are quite poor at giving you a good workout.

I can use a low end machine for hours. Try the same on even a bottom of the range Matrix machine and after 10 minutes you can feel your muscles are getting a workout.

So I would suggest join gym with decent equipment or see if you can source some Matrix equipment. Welcome to Matrix Fitness
Old 11th March 2010, 16:16   #85
BHPian

Thanks Bigman, I was also thinking in that direction.. its better to join a gym.
I thought the Physique's products in home segment series should also be good.. though not personally tried out
Old 20th August 2010, 15:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy a treadmill for my home use. What brands are good and what is the typical price/feature range I can expect? Can I check the ones in HomeTown or similar malls or the ones at sports and fitness shops? My budget is less than 15k. So I think there is not much choice in that range. I would prefer a model which has slope adjustment capability and electronic display. Programmability is not a must.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:18   #87
BHPian

I am looking for a cardio equipment for home use. I had fixed my mind of buying an elliptical trainer but when I looked at the avaible options, somehow don't feel good. Most of them don't look well put together. They feel fragile. I had checked out Stayfit, Proline Fitness, BSA fitness and reebok elliptical trainer and I felt Proform 380 Razor was the best elliptical available (at Stayfit) costs around 45k. The next one costs close to 80k - Nordic Track, which is way beyond my budget.

Now the dilemma is, when shopping around I did check out couple of treadmills. There seem to be lot of options for treadmills. Now my question is how do I know which is the correct treadmill. I have gathered that the main thing I have to look for in a motorized treadmill is the continuous motor rating. Let's consider the maximum user weight will be 100 kgs. What should the continuous motor rating should I look for?

P.S: My budget is 50k.

Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 11:08   #88
BHPian

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks,
Old 5th December 2010, 00:22   #89
BHPian

Hi,
I am Looking out for a Motorised TreadMill for home use. I have shortlisted some models with motor inclination and Cushioning system. Kindly suggest me a good Tread Mill from the below options or add additional to the list.

1) AeroFit AF812(2HP DC (Cont) & 3.5HP Peak, 15% Incline,110kgs max load,16kmph Max speed) - 43,000/-
2) FITKing W-595(3HP DC, 12% Incline,100kgs max load,16kmph Max speed) -40,000/-
3) COSCO CMTM-SX-3000 (2HP DC, 15% Incline,110kgs max load,16kmph Max speed) - 38,000/-
Old 5th December 2010, 00:58   #90
BHPian

From our experience, the best treadmill is no treadmill. It just lies around as a hanger for clothes and other s**t. For the price you pay for one, you could easily get enrolled at a gym for months. See if you like it and then if you still really want your own machine buy one. Sorry for being off-topic, but I wanted to give you an opportunity to save money.

Most Viewed