Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 01:38   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
Any suggestions guys?

Thanks,
3.0 chp would be ideal. You should check the treadmill at low speeds to see if it hesitates when you try to resist the belt motion with your feet. If it runs smoothly it's likely to be good enough. US made (Baldor) motors are reliable. I have had two Horizon treadmills in the last ten years that were very reliable ( only belt replacement). If you get an iPod and have a good mix of programs on the treadmill, you are likely to stick to it. I think it's the best investment you can make. You are more likely to stick to a regimen on the tradmill than get up and go to a gym and spend 1.5 hrs for a 30 min workout.
Old 22nd January 2011, 22:22   #92
BHPian

I bought a Tread Mill - At last

Team,
I bought a Tread Mill after comparing various Tread Mills.

I was looking for a decent treadMill with a budget around 25 to 35K. Purpose is to walk often as my back is aching and for general health, also for my wife, who could not get time to walk as 6 month old baby keep "wheeling" :-)

Initially decided to buy homefiteness direct model 608, which my BIL is using. He bought it for 25K, but now it is 32K. It has 1.5hp / 2.35hp motor continious/peak. No hydraulic drop.

Also checked with Olympic, who had a same motor option with V-Guard stabilizer free for 25K. I liked this model. Why stabilizer? only company suggests using it. I was thinking whether their motor / circuit is vulnerable to low power. Again no hydraulic drop.

Visited a Shop in Koramangala, where i saw a discount board. It was looking premium shop. They said it was 3 hp continuous. I was trying it, then asked how much. The sales person told, "After discount, it costs 1.80 lacs" . I stopped and got down immediately, as i don't want to be liable even it breaks by itself.

Saw an Ad in Newspaper, where HyperCity Mall with TreadMill offer. It costs 33K, 2hp/4 hp, nice model, Hydralic drop, blue back screen, with 21 geared cycle free (worth 6K). Liked it and thought of going for it, by the time offer got over it was back to 33K without the cycle. :-(

Then decided to go for 508 model from homefitnessdirect as 608 and 508 shared same motor and it costs 25K. but has shortened board of 43", when i tried brisk walking my leg goes out of the Tread mill belt. Scary! It had limited features. FYI 608 has 48" belt length.

Also tried other models from these vendors, who has machines starts from 14K to 25K, which has narrow and shortened belt length.

Then i visited SportTrack, A taiwanese brand who had machines from Velocity - SportTrack. Quoted 28K, Motor capacity 2hp continuous and 4HP peak, Hydraulic drop, 120KG load support, looked and felt sturdy. 53" belt length and 17.5" breadth - both are highest in the models i was comparing.
Removed the panel to check the actual capacity of the motor, as now a days sales people lie or they don't know.

Bargained and got it for 25K. We are happy with the performance and using it regularly. Even my 7 years old son is jogging regularly (Please let me know whether he can run. Somewhere in this thread people said "no no to toddlers" but he is 7)

Apologies for long thread, my intention is to give detailed information for the potential buyers.

Last edited by TeddyBear : 22nd January 2011 at 22:27.
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:54   #93
BHPian

re: Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice

I am planning to buy Afton CP 105 (new model) with 3hp continuous motor, auto incline and hydraulic drop for around 30k. CP110 is also under consideration.

My budet is 25k and i need incline and hydraulic drop facility. Any other suggestions.. i am from Bangalore..
Old 7th February 2011, 14:51   #94
BHPian

I am also looking at a treadmill in the range of Max 30K. Looked at Stayfit Koramangala and Homeftiness direct. The later won't give any discounts. Now fingers crossed as which one to buy.

Experts. pls suggest a maint free one. Looking for a home gym also. Need suggestion on this also.

Thanks,
Gopi.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:20   #95
BHPian

Gopi, I bought Afton CP110 with 3.5hp peak motor yesterday, a solid treadmill and I am happy with it. Used 5 times so far for 30 min each.. it look like a professional one, cost around 31k. Please contact Mr. sujith in Afton show room on top floor of forum mall koramangala and refer my name (Arun/HSR Layout).. he may give u discounts.. and go ahead if u like it..
Old 11th February 2011, 12:09   #96

Re: I bought a Tread Mill - At last

[quote=TeddyBear;2218510]Team,

Then i visited SportTrack, A taiwanese brand who had machines from Velocity - SportTrack. Quoted 28K, Motor capacity 2hp continuous and 4HP peak, Hydraulic drop, 120KG load support, looked and felt sturdy. 53" belt length and 17.5" breadth - both are highest in the models i was comparing.
Removed the panel to check the actual capacity of the motor, as now a days sales people lie or they don't know.

Bargained and got it for 25K
. We are happy with the performance and using it regularly. Even my 7 years old son is jogging regularly (Please let me know whether he can run. Somewhere in this thread people said "no no to toddlers" but he is 7)

Zenn : Hey can you tell me which model this is? One of my friends was interested in this.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:45   #97
BHPian

hello everyone

Read through this thread. Like several of us, am planning to buy a treadmill and researching on the net is super confusing. I have the following requirements:

1. Max weight of users is 70kg. 2 users.
2. Need auto-incline and shock absorbers / elastomers etc.

I am inclined towards BH fitness Cruiser V30 @ 45k on their website. Anyone using this one ? or any BH products ? Should I be looking at Vivafitness / Horizon / ProForm etc. ? I have ruled out Afton / Reebok.

Also, an excellent treadmill or a good treadmill + an elliptical / cycle ? my total budget is around 1 lac.

Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 13:37   #98
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Hi guys,
Don't know where else to place this query. I'm planning to purchase a treadmill and had gone to some local fitness stores and saw some Taiwanese stuff with a cost of Rs.22K onwards with brand name as "stayfit" and they provide a warranty of 2 years for the motor. How are these treadmills, are there reliable and last long on daily use? Or there are better ones with reasonably good motor and lasts long?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 14th May 2011, 21:52   #99
BHPian

Hi,
Just went reading through the thread. I am also in the same boat searching for a motorized treadmill. Need to reduce weight and burn fat. Went around couple of showrooms in koramangla of life fitness and another one next to it, also went to fitness one.The machines were too expensive and standard warranty of just 1 or max 2 years.

Then went to Hercules and checked out a machine by fitness world looks good.
Sale price 65K and they are offering some discount.

Has anyone used this brand ? what is the feedback. I want to refrain from using Afton as the feedback has not been that good on mouthshut.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:08   #100
Senior - BHPian

OKay guys, help me out here.
I am around 76kg and wife around 68kgs. Am looking for a treadmill for the usual purpose to run , keep fit and loose little weight.Actually, I have a home gym at home but have nothing for a good cardio/warm up. I generally, do skipping with wrist and ankle weights for warming up before I do weights.
Basically, I wanted a Bicycle, but that would have been selfish of me, so settling for a Treadmill.
Now I went to the shop to inquire about the same. Here's what I found.

1. 1.5HP treadmill, weight support upto 80kgs for price 19K(approx), brand Aerofit, 30 minutes continuous
2. 1.75HP treadmill, weight support upto 95kgs for 21k, brand -Lifeline, 40 minutes continuous.
(I was told that Lifeline treadmill motor is heavy duty)
3. 2HP treadmill, weight support upto 120kgs for 25k, brand- Aerofit again, 45 minutes continuous.

All these treadmill have hydraulic lift, manual incline and different pre-set workout program modes but none has the auto incline.
The minimum price quoted for the auto inclining treadmill is 33k.
Now, I have few doubts.
1. Is the auto inclination very important. I have used one in the gym and it does has its effect, but my budget is restricted till 20-25K max.
2. Are these quotes in line with the market rates?
Kindly advise, if you can suggest any different and better brand of treadmill at my price range. I would prefer auto inclination, but if it doesn't fall under my budget, I would not hesitate to give it a miss.

EDIT: Guys, this is the Lifeline model on display.
http://cgi.ebay.in/BRANDED-LIFELINE-...item5199d021fd
It's a 2HP,but I was told 1.75Hp with no auto incline. But I was also told that the price is 30k and it's on sale for 21k.!!!
help!!

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 29th June 2011 at 14:34.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:43   #101
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi guys,
Don't know where else to place this query. I'm planning to purchase a treadmill and had gone to some local fitness stores and saw some Taiwanese stuff with a cost of Rs.22K onwards with brand name as "stayfit" and they provide a warranty of 2 years for the motor. How are these treadmills, are there reliable and last long on daily use? Or there are better ones with reasonably good motor and lasts long?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Ramki
Hi Ramki

I have been using Stayfit treadmill for the last 4 years. I purchased it for 40k (auto incline model). I exercise atleast 3 times a week. I havent faced any problems with it till now. All we need to do is to ensure that the belt is lubricated once in 3-4 months with glycerine.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Steelflex for last 7 years and it is still going strong. In between we had to change the belt. I also feel take a look at Lifefitness. They are in Kormalgala If you take left from SPAR (Oasis Center) while coming from Old Airport road.

On a side note, Wouldn't want to discourage picking up fitness but i don't think you will have much success reducing weight, also i wouldn't recommend to have that as a goal. Have a goal to be fitter.

Auto incline is needed as when you run you can simulate running up the hill or down the hill. Mine has auto inclining but the lowest it goes to is zero. Does not go to -1, -2 to simulate running downhill. You might wonder but it has an entirely different effect on your leg muscles.

Look for ones with Shock Absorption as while running you don't want the shocks to be impacting the knees.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 29th June 2011 at 17:02.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
OKay guys, help me out here.
Continuing from yesterday, went for my treadmill hunt during the lunch hour.
Went to Proline, Peddlar's point and VH fitness , all at somajiguda.
My findings:

1.Proline:Machines look good, but exorbitantly priced and I am not convinced when they say others only import from China, Taiwan, etc and sell it cheap and that we are a company owned shop.
They quoted 28k after discount on their ACO 125 model with manual incline and other regular features. Minimum price for auto incline was 35k.
3 yrs warranty.
Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice-imag0255-medium.jpg

2. Went to "The old and trusted shop" at Somajiguda-Peddlar's point.
Showed me Treadmill from Velocity(Taiwan) and Sportstrack brand.
Velocity has auto incline(10 degrees), aux in for your Ipod with two speakers and 16km/h max speed.
3.0HP motor with 1.5HP continuous output. 1 yr warranty, 3 free service.
User load of 100 kgs approx. Have dealt with them before, took their time to demonstrate and explain.
Price -24k but 2% credit card charge,

3. Went to VH fitness on the same road. They have treadmills from Viva Fitness , its' a US of A company.
Basic model with all the regular features.
Auto incline - 27k
Manual Incline -24k (both with 3HP motor and 1.5HP Continous output)
Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice-imag0256-medium.jpg

Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice-imag0257-medium.jpg
Now, have to go to Lifefitness, Stayfit and BSA outlets tomorrow and probably by this weekend close it.
As of now am tilting towards the Velocity treadmill. If anyone has any review on it then please share.

Meanwhile, walked 3kms to and fro from office and looks like, if I keep hunting for treadmills like this, I wouldn't need one
Old 14th July 2011, 12:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

Try these guys Fitness Equipments India | Treadmills | Gym Products | Fitness Products Online | Fitness Accessories | Fitness Studio | Gym Consulting - Acme Fitness, Chennai, India i bought from them and the service is good. Probably need to call them up and check if they are in HYD.
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:50   #105
BANNED

Treadmill vs. ellipticals?

Hi.

What are current prices for treadmills and ellipticals? What models / features would be available? I looked up wikipedia and find that actually 3 types of ellipticals are available - and some models are motorised.

Why should I buy one with an adjustable incline?
What features / gizmos are available with treadmills?
Why would I need any of them?

I am currently 100 KG. (mostly put on within past 3 years). Normal weight used to 85KG. While I am not sure of weight loss, I surely miss my usual workouts.

Current employment situation means I get to stay home 2/3 days (and travel remaining days). So, going for a long walk or even regular exercise is out of question. It is a mess when I do workouts 3/4 days and then skip them for another couple of weeks.

This kind of (non) routine is playing havoc with my health. I do not want to workouts - because inability to do them regularly is very bad. So, only option is between treadmill and ellipticals.

Noise is a major factor - though I live in an independent house, I do not want to wake up the neighbourhood. They are pretty late wakers.

Going by the discussion so far, I feel that if I go in for tradmill, I will need (a) elevation adjustment (b) shock absorbers. (I prefer to run barefoot - my feet are very wide and only size 10 quo vadis with width adjustable straps from Bata suits me - no other shoe brand in a sane price bracket suits me. I am not sure that I want to spend couple of Ks on a pair of sneakers just to use them on a treadmill. But of course, I am open to advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks