Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 17:14   #4336
Team-BHP Support

Anyone has tried reverse mounting their lenses for shooting macro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Me : 550D body, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 55-250 IS price? Without bill, warranty? With bill, warranty?
Jayesh : 39+, 4800, 10+ with wnty only.
Thanks Raj.

This is similar to what i got as well. (Understandable, really! You never know who is on the other side!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
That area is like a mad place.
4 years back, we went there in an Accent CRDi!!! Those 30 mins were harder than the drive from Trivandrum- Bangalore! Those streets barely had enough space to squeeze in a sedan, let alone park it peacefully.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th June 2010 at 17:24.
Old 26th June 2010, 19:36   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Would be great if you could get me the price in person tomorrow.
Prices without bill/warranty:
Canon 550D body - INR 35-36K, availability in first week of July.
Canon 50mm f/1.8 II - INR 4500/-
Canon 55-250 IS - INR 10500/-

Quote:
Those 30 mins were harder than the drive from Trivandrum- Bangalore! Those streets barely had enough space to squeeze in a sedan, let alone park it peacefully.
Well, for me, TVM-Nagercoil is the nightmare compared to going to Balepet Circle. I did Balepet twice today, both times with ease, in a Getz.

Quote:
I still have no clue about how to take the car to his shop. Therefore I always take a rick from the Majestic bus stand area and it goes through roads that has correct space for a rick.
Route I followed is this - where Majestic theatre circle is, instead of taking straight, I take right towards railway station. Immediately there is a signal with the police station to the right. I cross the signal and then take the left road. This takes you downhill and then take the immediate right. Keep following the road and you will circle back to Balepet circle. Return is very easy as the road from Balepet circle to Majestic is one way in your favour.

But all this is going to change for better.

Jayesh indicated that he is shifting his shop near to Anandrao Circle where there will be ample parking. I think he is shifting next month. Address is - No. G7,8,9, Brigade Plaza, S.C.Road, Near Anandrao Circle, Bangalore. This place will be easily accessible.

Quote:
As of today, I dont know anybody else in the whole of Bangalore city who gives a better and trustable deal than what Jayesh gives.
Yes, I found him to be a no nonsense person who means business. Very helpful in recommending the right stuff. He did not push me to take the 4GB card which came with Nikon package.

I picked up my D90 today.

Price quoted was INR 51,850/- with bill+warranty. Nikon package which included D90 body, 18-105 mm lens, bag, 4GB card. Price quoted for SanDisk SDHC 8GB Extreme class 6 was INR 2050/-.

I exchanged the 4GB card for 8GB card for an additional INR 1650/-.

I did not do any bargaining. Not sure whether that would have helped. Felt these prices are the best available in Bangalore today.

Last edited by sbraj : 26th June 2010 at 19:39.
Old 26th June 2010, 19:53   #4338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Prices without bill/warranty:
Canon 550D body - INR 35-36K, availability in first week of July.
Canon 50mm f/1.8 II - INR 4500/-
Canon 55-250 IS - INR 10500/-
Thanks Raj.

So, i'm looking at 50k which looks great considering my initial budget with the 1000D came to 44k (with B&W).

But 3k more gets me proper bill & warranty! Confusion again!
Quote:
Congrats!!!
Old 26th June 2010, 20:15   #4339
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raj.

So, i'm looking at 50k which looks great considering my initial budget with the 1000D came to 44k (with B&W).

Congrats!!!
Isn't 3K worth the peace of mind for two years?
Old 26th June 2010, 21:19   #4340
Senior - BHPian

@Navin and other BHPians here. I liked Navin's approach towards selection of camera. Very well described. Now I need few suggestions:

Present Camera : Sony Cybershot P200 (not really worth mention)

My needs : Outdoor photography mainly monuments, portraits, landscapes, some indoor shooting. I would love to do the wildlife stuff and birds etc but as of now I wont because of two reasons-firstly nothing of such kind of stuff here and secondly I want to get used to the slr before I take a plunge. So need a wide angle and zoom. Telephoto will wait. I will add the lenses but want the body to last (is this approach correct?)

Camera selection : I prefer Nikon. Wont mind Canon but nothing else. I have zeroed in to D5000/D90 body and 18-105f/3.5AF-S Nikkor lens.

Survey : From Nikon India website. IMHO its safe to assume 15-20% discount on the MRP.

Body D5000 : MRP 31,950/-
Body D90 : MRP 43,450/-
Lens Nikkor18-105mm : 17,450/-

My Questions:

1. Does my selection suits my requirements?
2. Any other camera better than those selected? Which one out of them D5000/D90? I dont intend to upgrade camera body in near future instead use the money to keep adding lenses.
3. I have seen most of the D5000 ads with 18-55mm lens. I hope its not mandatory to buy that lens with the body. .

4. I have a camera stand. I would be buying the camera case and the SDHC card 8/16 GB (IMO its sufficient). Anything else I am missing or need to buy at this stage may be for better photography or camera care.

5. I would be buying this camera in maximum of next 10 days.

Thx to all in advance.
Old 26th June 2010, 22:22   #4341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jayesh was trying to convince me not to go for grey. As per him, the difference is marginal. I told him that I will convey the same to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Exactly.
Old 26th June 2010, 22:53   #4342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly.
True! I expected a lot more difference, to be frank!

When i bought my S5is, it was 24k in the market. I got it from Jayesh for 19 with a few additional stuff. This time though, i think i its better to go ahead with the B&W stuff.

Few questions still -

1. Will a 2k worth Vanguard Mark 233 tripod be able to hold a 550D reasonably well?

2. Anything else to buy for camera protection (Considering kerala has a very humid climate!)
Old 26th June 2010, 23:06   #4343
rbp
BHPian

@sbraj :- I saw you today at Jayesh's shop, I was just standing next to you, waiting to buy a Grad ND Filter, you purchased a great piece of equipment buddy, congratulations.
Old 27th June 2010, 09:06   #4344
J.Ravi

Quote:
Congratulations, sbraj.

Even I am thinking of buying either Canon 550D or Nikon D90.

Old 27th June 2010, 10:07   #4345
BHPian

Quote:

2. Anything else to buy for camera protection (Considering kerala has a very humid climate!)
The first thing I would suggest is to get transparent and airtight PET containers to store camera/lens and some silica gel to be kept along with them to absorb moisture. Change the silica gel when its colour changes from blue to red. Or you can reactivate it by heating till it regains blue colour and use it after it becomes cold. And these are cheap.
Another suggestion is to get lens hoods.
Old 27th June 2010, 14:35   #4346
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I'm also looking for 550D. I'm not even a bigineer but moved my choice from 1000D (suggested by someone) to 550D considering that body will remain with me longer and will be future proof with lots of features + Video advantage.
I see its available with Croma/FutureBazar for 468xx.00 with EF-S 18-55 IS. Do you think as a biginner I need 18-55 IS? I dont even know what I'm going to shoot, But I love landscape, potraits and some wildlife (inspired by some discovery/NG watching ).

What I need from you:
  1. A comment on 550D for someone who doesnt know photography at all
  2. Is Jayesh going to give a better (marginal diff) compared to futurebazaar? (futurebazaar has got an option of 0% EMI, which I may go for if I buy from there)
  3. Is it good to start with 18-55 IS and later go for 55-250? any other lense that I can think of for beginning?
  4. Any option for 18-200 or 18-300 available? is it going to be too difficult to use camera with that big a lense all the time or two seperare lense for diff requirement would be good?
  5. Any inputs you may have
Old 27th June 2010, 14:47   #4347
akp
BHPian

Quote:
The first thing I would suggest is to get transparent and airtight PET containers to store camera/lens and some silica gel to be kept along with them to absorb moisture.
Any idea what kind of shops store silica gel? I thought it would be easy to get them in camera shops or medical stores, but have visited several shops of both kinds without any success so far. I would appreciate if anyone in the NCR region (preferably South Delhi) can point me to some specific shops.
Old 27th June 2010, 19:43   #4348
BHPian

Hello camera guru's i have canon 500d and need help deciding on a good tele photo lens under a budget of 60k. I already have a canon 55-250 IS. But i am interested in wildlife photography for which 55-250 seemed a bit inadequate on my last trip. any suggestions are welcome thanks in advance.
Old 27th June 2010, 19:57   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Any idea what kind of shops store silica gel? I thought it would be easy to get them in camera shops or medical stores, but have visited several shops of both kinds without any success so far. I would appreciate if anyone in the NCR region (preferably South Delhi) can point me to some specific shops.
Even in a small town it can be purchased from lab equipment stores which supply to Chemistry/Physics labs of educational institutions.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:40   #4350
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Even in a small town it can be purchased from lab equipment stores which supply to Chemistry/Physics labs of educational institutions.
Thanks, janitha. Will try to locate one of those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks