Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2012, 13:26   #9541
BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

May be a bit OT with respect to this thread, but I am posting it here to get some advice from the camera experts. I have a Nikon Pronea 6i APS SLR camera, also known as 600i and which is supposedly the APS equivalent of N70 SLR. I have 20 - 60mm and 60 - 200mm IX Nikkor lenses. I have not used the camera for quite a while and planning to get a entry level DSLR. My question to the camera gurus is that if it is possible for lenses can be put to use in a Nikkon DSLR body? Thanks in advance.

Moderators: If this post is completely irrelevant to this thread, please move it to a appropriate thread.
Old 1st April 2012, 14:47   #9542
Senior - BHPian

IX type lenses cannot be used on 35mm film or digital bodies. They were specifically made for the Pronea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post

I have 20 - 60mm and 60 - 200mm IX Nikkor lenses. I have not used the camera for quite a while and planning to get a entry level DSLR.

My question to the camera gurus is that if it is possible for lenses can be put to use in a Nikkon DSLR body? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st April 2012, 18:40   #9543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Anyways the imp point i want to make is that the body is a onetime investment so one should not compromise within the available budget. you can always add a lens later.
On the contrary, most really good lenses cost as much or even more than an entry-level body. For people who are starting off on a limited budget, I would suggest buying a used / entry-level body and keep adding good quality lenses. Once you reach a certain level, the lenses can stay and a better body can be bought. That's just my point of view.
Old 1st April 2012, 19:55   #9544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect

On the contrary, most really good lenses cost as much or even more than an entry-level body. For people who are starting off on a limited budget, I would suggest buying a used / entry-level body and keep adding good quality lenses. Once you reach a certain level, the lenses can stay and a better body can be bought. That's just my point of view.
Exactly. I upgraded the body keeping my lenses!
Old 2nd April 2012, 16:00   #9545
BHPian

Some try with kit lens and 550D.

Please,Comments are welcome,as I am just not satisfied.I know there is a lot to work on.Please point out those for me.
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-0161.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0484.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0488.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0594.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0613.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0630.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0644.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0767.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0770.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0780.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0796.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0797.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0808.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0812.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0819.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-img_0830.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2012, 17:39   #9546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@thelightning. Is that a TTL flash or a non TTL FLash? Never heard of proplus. hence asking.
Its a manual flash, not TTL, but a nice one for the price and wonderful stuff. I am using it now.
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:42   #9547
BHPian

Guys,which will be the best cheap Macro lens to start with?
What is this 'MACRO' button on Tamaron 300mm lense?Is it good to buy a Tele lens with macro ability or a Macro lens alone?
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:48   #9548
Senior - BHPian

Great Photos. Congrats white rabbit. You did well. There may be some great photographers, who can do wonders. But for my eyes your photos are superb.
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:52   #9549
Senior - BHPian

Would someone know the grey market prices for:

1. D7000
2. D700

Have been eagerly waiting for the D400, but no news of it.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:38   #9550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,which will be the best cheap Macro lens to start with?
What is this 'MACRO' button on Tamaron 300mm lense?Is it good to buy a Tele lens with macro ability or a Macro lens alone?
Macro lens are usually of longer focal lenght e.g. 90mm or 100mm but fixed, these are expensive. And inexpensive solution would be a telephoto zoom lens with Macro options. Again you have to see the minimum focusing distance and magnification ratio.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:53   #9551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Again you have to see the minimum focusing distance and magnification ratio.
I didnt exactly understand about minimum focal length here.Tamaron says macro functionality from 135MM at 1:2 ratio.What does this exactly means?
Old 4th April 2012, 13:07   #9552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt exactly understand about minimum focal length here.Tamaron says macro functionality from 135MM at 1:2 ratio.What does this exactly means?
Minimum focusing distance is how close you can go towards the subject, since insects are shy creatures it would make sense to get a lens with longer focal length so that you can get a life size magnification from a distance.

A macro lens is classically one lens capable of reproduction ratios greater than 1:1, although it now refers to any lens with a large reproduction ratio, despite rarely exceeding 1:1. The best macro lenses are the latest autofocus mount models, typically in focal lengths ranging from 50 to 200mm. Each lens will focus continuously from infinity to 1:1.

Quote:
Focal Length

Macro lenses come in a range of focal lengths from 50 mm to 200 mm. The closer you can get to your subject, the smaller focal length you will need. If you are taking pictures of things that might move or fly away (insects) if you get close, you'll want a lens with a longer focal length. Since most macro lenses have a fixed focal length, you will want to make sure to get one that fits your needs.

Depth of Field

As you get closer to your subject, the depth of field will decrease, meaning less of the photograph will be in focus. The depth of field can be increased slightly by increasing the f-stop, but this will decrease the amount of light that is let in.

Read more: What Is a Macro Lens? | eHow.com
Old 4th April 2012, 14:51   #9553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Minimum focusing distance is how close you can go towards the subject, since insects are shy creatures it would make sense to get a lens with longer focal length so that you can get a life size magnification from a distance.

A macro lens is classically one lens capable of reproduction ratios greater than 1:1, although it now refers to any lens with a large reproduction ratio, despite rarely exceeding 1:1. The best macro lenses are the latest autofocus mount models, typically in focal lengths ranging from 50 to 200mm. Each lens will focus continuously from infinity to 1:1.
Thanks!that helps a lot.

What about this 'Lense reverse technique'?
Old 4th April 2012, 16:01   #9554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!that helps a lot.

What about this 'Lense reverse technique'?
Thats basically fixing your regular lens lets say 18-55mm in reverse, you get mounts for the same. But the problem with using like that is the lens then gets prone to getting dust inside as you are using the unprotected portion of the lens.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:14   #9555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A reproduction ratio of 1:1 means the lens is capable of casting an image of the subject in the sensor which is of the same size as that of the subject itself. Imagine how magnified the photo will appear, say for example we are focusing on a big Ant and it fills the entire sensor area of an APS-C sensor.

Super macros are those with a higher magnification than 1:1. That means the image casted on the sensor will be bigger than the actual size of the subject itself.

Last edited by clevermax : 4th April 2012 at 16:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks