Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2006, 20:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
well when i went to buy,the shopkeeper showed me 2 models-the black one which plays movies(which i bought)and a white one which doesnt.
The thing with the psp is that it plays games from all regions , but movies only for a particular region. So a jap psp for instance could play all games but only movies for the jap region. Similarly the US psp would play all games but only movies for the US region.

So in all probability the shopkeeper might have bought a few jap psps and is getting the movies for them only from the US or something like that. which is why he would say that it plays only games and not movies.
Old 4th May 2006, 23:09   #17
BHPian

Ok i am dead on buyin a PSP next week. I guess its 11k....now what about each game,....casings..etc
Old 5th May 2006, 19:37   #18
BHPian

i bought a logitech casing-costs around 3500.guess there are cheaper ones but this one is a good quality case and,more importantly,was the only one available with the dealer at that time!!!
i bought the colin mcrae rally 2005-cost 2400 bucks.nfs underground 2 is also a good one.no idea about the latest games available
Old 8th May 2006, 14:49   #19
BHPian

Guys visited a shop where the PSP was priced at 19.9k with 1 year warranty and it is a value pack. Now did not check the grey price in person but had a talk over the phone that the value pack is for 11k and the std pack is for 10k grey. Didnt bargain.....will meet and post the final price next week.

As per the games...there are only a few good ones in india....in hyd whr i am.

BTW now the value pack comes with some Soccer game and no spiderman 2 movie!!! Y aint the movie there, i thought it was supposed to be there!!! Now that dissapointed me :(
Old 8th May 2006, 19:00   #20
BHPian

Guys I was propbably the first PSP owner in india and after which i bought 3 more PSPs the white 1 coz its 2 sexy and the US one coz i wanted 1 for another region and a Black japanese one as i broke my first one and even own the ps1 and ps2 so being a major Playstation Freak its time i get some things right here.
1.Each and every PSP have the same functions.
2.Games from any region can be played on any PSP.
3.Movies can only be played on PSPs in the particular region.
4.Yes pirated games are available for the PSPs and can be procured from any Peer - To - Peer softwares and from torrent sites but can only run till firmware version 1.5.
5.PSPs have Created Programs, Application and Games which are known as homebrews but can only run till firmware version 2.6.
6.The latest verion of firmware out for PSP which just came out is Version 2.7.which includes Flash and RSS feeds for the internet browser and WMA support under the Music section.
8.The PSP does have a virus known as PSP Brick which can brick your PSP which as the name suggests spoil PSP for doing anything and well if the PSP does get the virus then u can use it as a brick.
9.There are various magazines which are made for the PSP which can be seen on the PSP.
If anyone needs anyother information on it then just ask
Old 8th May 2006, 19:11   #21
BHPian

Well i have 3 PSPs (also PS1 And PS2) and trust me all of them have the same versions had tried to post earlier with a huge FAQ on it but some how dint get posted
Old 8th May 2006, 20:47   #22
BHPian

BTW talking about the PS1 and PS2, i have an old PS1 with top 50 games ever ...... but i hardly use it now... now how much could i expect by selling it???? And yea i bought it on Dec 31st, 1999......Millinium Gift
Old 6th July 2007, 20:54   #23
BHPian

Ahah!! How could I have not seen this thread?? I've been the owner of all the PS's starting from the Playstation one to the Playstation 3. Latest acquisition is PSP. Black edition. I bought the high end pack, which came with 1 gb card and f1 '06. Bought off 4 more games and one movie UMD. I really don't mind paying 1500 per game or 2000 per movie UMD. Its cheaper compared to the PS/PS2/PS3 games. And I'm also happy it cannot be pirated. I've been a original game buyer ever since the start. I won't downgrade ever. I'm happy with my f/w.

A
Old 6th July 2007, 23:09   #24
BHPian

i bought a psp for 9990 and 2 cds for 500 each. i got it from a sony showroom. some showrooms were pricing it for 12500 i got it from a showroom where 2 psps were almost dead stock i guess..!! so i bargained and bought 1 for myself. the cds starts from 1250 to 1900. it varies from game to game
Old 6th July 2007, 23:12   #25
BHPian

i have got f1, fifa,medievil, and i have ordered for moto gp, burnout dominator. can someone sujust me which all are the best games
Old 7th July 2007, 16:58   #26
BHPian

^ Do try Ridge Racer 2, and Need for Speed MW 5-1-0. Ridge Racer 2 is one of the best games to play if you're a lover of 'drifting'.

A
Old 7th July 2007, 22:44   #27
BHPian

ok.. i did not know ridge racer was that good. does it come with tuner car and stuffs like that. i will have to try that. which is the best among ridge racer,nfs underground,motogp,wrc,burnout dominator. can u put them in order.
Old 7th July 2007, 23:02   #28
BHPian

which are the best games among ridgeracer,wrc,nfsmostwanted,motogp and burnout dominator
Old 8th July 2007, 17:03   #29
BHPian

Well it doesnt come with tuner cars where you can customize it like NFS MW.. But I do like it. MW is little harder, the cops are too strict in the game lol. More strict than the PS2 MW.

I'd rank:
1) Ridge Racer 2
2) NFS MW 5-1-0
tie) Burnout Dominator
3) WRC
4) MotoGP

A
Old 8th July 2007, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Well

I have played burnout legends.. awesome game ..

Burnout Legends
Coast 2 Coast
Test Drive Unltd

And if u want more than Car racing .. i mean car combat games.. u can try out

1) Twisted Metal head on
2) Pursuit Force

mentioned only about racing games as the flavor of the moment seems to be racing games only ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks