Team-BHP - Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/15881-direct-home-television-india-update-dth-uhd-4k-now-available-31.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrman (Post 966381)
I heard they do not have any Zee Channel in the 2190 offer. Is this true? ANd can ppl from the south opt for a Zee package in addition? IM not sure.

ZEE, Zee Cinema, Zee trendz, Zee Cafe are there

Installation took 2 hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 956938)
I think for a first year Rs 2190 inclusive of Everything. @ 182.50 p/m for MPEG4 quality for 150+ channels its a very very good deal.

Guys Is it 2490 or 2190. The site has 2490 option and not 2190 so I am really confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 967200)
Guys Is it 2490 or 2190. The site has 2490 option and not 2190 so I am really confused

Rs 2190 offer is only for four south indian states. For North one has to choose between 2490 to 4990/-

Finally I got the BigTV yesterday. Called up customer care and literally waited for 40min before I got any response. Guy took all my details and kept on asking if I bought "today only". Says I will get installed in next 72 hours. I dont take it. Anyway, will keep following. Lets see. :)

I liked the browse mode - Thats shows 3 x 4 matrix of channels on screen and 1 Audio. Cool feature.

@mjothi, pls dont forget to buy some patience along with the set-top box !

They are over-loaded with the installations. Ours took a week. But activation was immediately on installation. (was told by other sources that activation may take additional time).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 970400)
Finally I got the BigTV yesterday. Called up customer care and literally waited for 40min before I got any response. Guy took all my details and kept on asking if I bought "today only". Says I will get installed in next 72 hours. I dont take it. Anyway, will keep following. Lets see. :)

I liked the browse mode - Thats shows 3 x 4 matrix of channels on screen and 1 Audio. Cool feature.

Congrats Mahesh! Yes now days installation is problem as more and more people buying BIG TV and Reliance have limited staff for installation. It takes around 2 - 3 hours for installation. When I bought, it was just on next day of launch and got installed within 2 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 970418)
@mjothi, pls dont forget to buy some patience along with the set-top box !

They are over-loaded with the installations. Ours took a week. But activation was immediately on installation. (was told by other sources that activation may take additional time).

Activation would be done immediately. It would not take time unless some technical problem. They just need to send a SMS to BIG TV number for activation.

Yes, the sales guy himself mentioned that you should KEEP ON calling this customer care, or else you will never get installed.

Also, he hinted that there is going to be a better or more attractive plan after 90 days. Not sure if he was just doing sales talk. Not to forget, he also mentioned that "anything" can happen with Reliance. I checked if he meant its close of business, he says yes :Frustrati

Anyway, I dont think that will be happening. May be the plan may get costlier. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 970476)
Yes, the sales guy himself mentioned that you should KEEP ON calling this customer care, or else you will never get installed.

Also, he hinted that there is going to be a better or more attractive plan after 90 days. Not sure if he was just doing sales talk. Not to forget, he also mentioned that "anything" can happen with Reliance. I checked if he meant its close of business, he says yes :Frustrati

Anyway, I dont think that will be happening. May be the plan may get costlier. Lets see.

Perhaps, the sales guy was hinting about the offering of LCD sets along with the BIG TV connection. A lot of talk is going around with regards to this.

I heard they plan to have HD transmission early next year.
They already have 4 channels lined up with HD. Seems to be waiting for more
However the existing set top box will have to replaced with new HD stuff and the cost could be aprox Rs500. The dish can remain as it is.
I am seriously considering one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlustindia (Post 970517)
Perhaps, the sales guy was hinting about the offering of LCD sets along with the BIG TV connection. A lot of talk is going around with regards to this.

Oh my god:Shockked: Am I going to miss some nice offer lol:

Today morning I called the customer car and you know, I was so lucky to get it answered in first ring :)
Anyway, he said I was suppose to get a Work order number which their guys will call and let me know. But so far, no one called. He took it as a complaint and again got all the details. Hope I will have a call today. Lets see.

I am a victim of reliance mobile and disconnected my reliance mobile and landline. Years later, i booked the BIG tv (alhough i know about their customer service) thinking that the launch offer is good and i can watch channels for one year without any need for renewal and any call to the so called customer service. I went to the nearest reliance shop and gave my details since they didn;t have stock. they told that they will call me once they have stock and they will get stock in a week’s time.

After a week and no calls, visited the shop again. the lousy employee said that i should have got a call by now and even he was surprised. but i wasn’t since i wasn’t expecting them to call me. anyway paid 2199 bucks and left with a useless STB and the kit. I was informed that i should contact reliance customer care and give my smart card no and place an installation request.

Tried to contact them and after long wait of 17 minutes (thanks to speaker phone), some one attended my call. and alas, their ’system’ was not working and took the details in a paper and they told me that they will update the ’system’ when it is up (i never beleived this story). I phone after couple of hours (i think any pc or even a mainframe requries much less time to power up) and waiting for 27 minutes on the phone, i gave the sim card number and there was no detail in the so called ’system’. I told the 2 hour old story and gave my details again. Then their system was not accepting my PIN which is a valid pin number and i get all mails and couriers delivered at my door step withi this pin number. i gave a nearest PIN number.

OK and they told i will get installed in 3 days. Never beleived it and again made couple of calls (slight improvement i had to wait much less now) and got confirmed that i will get it installed. Called them one day later and informed me that my address details are corrupt. But the phone numbers are correct. someone could have phoned me up and confirmed my address. Interstingly, their system is again not working and taken down my details in a toilet paper. Now i think i have to make another 100 calls to get the damn thing installed. Almost 70% of the time, their system is not working. So fingers crossed.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 970400)

The browse mode is standard on all DTH services - it is really cool. Believe me, you will get used to DTH features so quickly that when you watch cable somewhere, you will curse it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 972003)
The browse mode is standard on all DTH services - it is really cool. Believe me, you will get used to DTH features so quickly that when you watch cable somewhere, you will curse it.

But I heard that the Tata SKY do not have this option. Is it not true?

Quote:

I am a victim of reliance mobile and disconnected my reliance mobile and landline.
Quote:

Tried to contact them and after long wait of 17 minutes (thanks to speaker phone), some one attended my call. and alas, their ’system’ was not working and took the details in a paper and they told me that they will update the ’system’ when it is up (i never beleived this story). I phone after couple of hours (i think any pc or even a mainframe requries much less time to power up) and waiting for 27 minutes on the phone, i gave the sim card number and there was no detail in the so called ’system’. I told the 2 hour old story and gave my details again.
You are lucky :) I had to wait for more than a hour on first day (made like 3 - 4 calls and disconnecting).
Yes, I had similar issues in terms of getting the data. So, far in this 2 days of calling, I have given my number, details, address plenty of times. So far nothing happened.
As condor mentioned, seems you need to buy patience too. Not little,. but BIG.

Latest upate. They have cancelled my connection. and i asked how can you cancell a non exisitng connection. this really sucks.