Team-BHP - Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/15881-direct-home-television-india-update-dth-uhd-4k-now-available-34.html)

Anyone using the component out that comes with the Big TV STB? Does that work well? Is there a difference between the component out and the normal video out??

I don't think there is anymore need to go gaga over big-tv because of the price factor.

Tata sky has come out with an advt in today's newspaper saying Grand festive offer:

Tata sky digicomp + installation + 1 year of subscription for Rs 2699/- only. The subscription is for south starter pack worth rs175/- pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat (Post 982297)
I don't think there is anymore need to go gaga over big-tv because of the price factor.

Tata sky has come out with an advt in today's newspaper saying Grand festive offer:

Tata sky digicomp + installation + 1 year of subscription for Rs 2699/- only. The subscription is for south starter pack worth rs175/- pm.

Kindly check what are the channels included in the south starter pack from TATASKY website and then compare with what BIG TV is offering at Rs 500/- less

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 982428)
Kindly check what are the channels included in the south starter pack from TATASKY website and then compare with what BIG TV is offering at Rs 500/- less

Big Tv offer many more channels compared to Tata Sky, I feel it is due to MPEG 4 used by Big Tv (more channels can be compressed on same transponder) vs Tata sky's MPEG 2

Guys i also saw a article that BigTV is planning to sell the DVR's by next month. The price range is like 7K to 9K.
Also, anyone know if we can switch between operators? Anything possible without changing the unit? Any option to use different smart card and activate other operator :)

It seems that the hottest thing with DTH operators this festive season will be the DVR. TataSky are also planning to bring their product within a mater of weeks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 982553)
Guys i also saw a article that BigTV is planning to sell the DVR's by next month. The price range is like 7K to 9K.
Also, anyone know if we can switch between operators? Anything possible without changing the unit? Any option to use different smart card and activate other operator :)

As per TRAI, it is mandatory, but in reality it will not work as the technology itself is different MPEG4 (big TV, Sun direct) vs MPEG2 (Tatasky, dish tv) unless both offers sort of conversion in the set top box which is unlikey unless TRAI pulls them up

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 982277)
Anyone using the component out that comes with the Big TV STB? Does that work well? Is there a difference between the component out and the normal video out??

I first used composite then switched to component. There is quite a leap in sharpness. But for some channels, there is not much improvement. Probably it all depends on quality of broadcasting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat (Post 982297)

for 175/- starter pack, you get nothing in terms of channels. Where as big is offering almost all popular channels for 500 Rs less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 982553)

Guess its same as CDMA phones in India. Operator locked. But according to TRAI it is mandatory to offer interoperability.

Updates on BigTV. I keep calling them atleast 3 times a day to hear "It will be done ASAP.":Frustrati

The guy on phone today told that there was many complaints and so a special team from Mumbai reached Bangalore to complete the installation asap. :Shockked:

Wish this was true and the guys who are waiting will get benifited

It could be very much true. I got calls from three different installers. second one while first was still installing. third one a day after. where were these guys all this time!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade (Post 983474)
It could be very much true. I got calls from three different installers. second one while first was still installing. third one a day after. where were these guys all this time!!!!!

I wish those "extra" guys move to Bangy for supporting this team here :)

What is DVR? Can someone please shed som,e light on this. Is this like a recorder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 983553)
What is DVR? Can someone please shed som,e light on this. Is this like a recorder?

Yes. Digital Video Recorder.

This should help.
Digital video recorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My friend took BIG TV set top box yesterday and he was told that it will take 10 days for installation. But, today they came and installed it. Upon asking, he was told that additional people were pressed into service for installation. That's very quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 983955)
My friend took BIG TV set top box yesterday and he was told that it will take 10 days for installation. But, today they came and installed it. Upon asking, he was told that additional people were pressed into service for installation. That's very quick.

Lucky Guy. While I am typing this, I hold the call to CC in my phone. That guy talked and put me on hold. Its been 22min now, no response :Frustrati

Guys, did anyone noticed the Bigtv feedback site? Yesturday I tried to complaint and after typing everything,m it always said ERROR and never posted.

Today I try and this is what I get
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-clipboard01.jpg