Team-BHP - Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/15881-direct-home-television-india-update-dth-uhd-4k-now-available-37.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1006320)
I did not understand one thing on it.
4499 for 9 months with the Dish and the Set top box or just for the dish and the set top box.
If its for the Dish + Set Top + 9 months of viewing , i'm really game for it.

4499 for all the equipment and 9 months of viewing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1006294)
Hmmm...Eddy then why do you have a sticker on your Swift saying "Bharti DTH authorised reseller"??? :D

Why are you jealous of Sehwag? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1006268)
Bharti DTH rate plans.

PS: I have no commercial involvement :)

Only North and South packages. Mumbai comes under which one ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 1007151)
Only North and South packages. Mumbai comes under which one ??

Mumbai and MP are covered in North.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 1006408)
But isn't that way too costly when compared to the Big TV offer?

By the way Anuj, your case could be a one-off case imo. Yesterday I was looking at the set-top box pack that comes with Big TV. Its manufactured by Hyundai Electronics of S.Korea. Thats about as big as it gets I guess. For others its mostly Taiwanese bulk manufactured boxes if I am not mistaken.

Tata Sky boxes are made by Humax and Thomson - that's as big as it gets in the world of STBs as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy
Mumbai and MP are covered in North.

Eddy, If you have seen the demo or any other trial version of airtel dth, can you pl. let me know the position of the airtel dth/digital tv logo and also whether it is transparent like tata sky or opaque as it is now for Big TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1007123)
4499 for all the equipment and 9 months of viewing :)

Why are you jealous of Sehwag? :p

And what if i want to use 2 TV's on it?

Airtel Digital TV website is up. The packages do have some good channels but the service looks expensive on the first look.

Airtel Digital TV

I think their interactive services are going to be good. Lets wait to see how other DTH operators respond.

~maniac

Seems to be expensive compared to others and as usual less tamil channels, now I am forced to buy Sun DIrect for my mom and then explore Big or Airtel for me :(. I had wished Airtel had all channels so could have gone with provider and 2 add-on connections.

Also, Big TV's STB seems to be more advanced with Component connection (Y/Pb/Pr and Al and AR) and USB port where Airtel has the regular V/Al/AR connection. Which would mean better picture quality in Big when connected to LCD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 1006408)
By the way Anuj, your case could be a one-off case imo. Yesterday I was looking at the set-top box pack that comes with Big TV. Its manufactured by Hyundai Electronics of S.Korea.

In my BIG TV STB it is written "Made in China". I think it is designed in S. Korea but manufactured in China.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 1008466)
Seems to be expensive compared to others and as usual less tamil channels, now I am forced to buy Sun DIrect for my mom and then explore Big or Airtel for me :(. I had wished Airtel had all channels so could have gone with provider and 2 add-on connections.

Also, Big TV's STB seems to be more advanced with Component connection (Y/Pb/Pr and Al and AR) and USB port where Airtel has the regular V/Al/AR connection. Which would mean better picture quality in Big when connected to LCD?

I saw almost all the Tamil channels in the South Pack in the Airtel website. More tamil channels than what Tata Sky is offering presently in the South Jumbo pack.

Quote:

..Also, Big TV's STB seems to be more advanced with Component connection (Y/Pb/Pr and Al and AR) and USB port where Airtel has the regular V/Al/AR connection..

Even the Airtel STB has the USB connectivity. I saw this today at a demo.

Quote:

Big TV's STB seems to be more advanced with Component connection (Y/Pb/Pr and Al and AR) and USB port where Airtel has the regular V/Al/AR connection.

Hi, yes - the AirTel STB does not have component output ! The AirTel web-site however mentions HD-Ready capability - is it possible to send HD over standard RCA ?

Iam surprised by this omission however as even my ancient CAS set-top-box from SCV (Coship) has component & optical outputs !

@Safari: Yes more channels than Tata but not all channels like Sun Direct basically my mom wont be happy until she sees all the tamil channel :)

@VVR: Did it have a component output?

@ im: Even i am surprised at that. They should have comp to have it but the best would have been HDMI. One good things is they are using DVB-S2. I think Big and Sun also must be using it since they have Mpeg4. Does anyone have any clue on that?

[quote=madbullram;1009165@VVR: Did it have a component output?
[/quote]

No it does not have a component output.

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 1009146)
Hi, yes - the AirTel STB does not have component output ! The AirTel web-site however mentions HD-Ready capability - is it possible to send HD over standard RCA ?

Iam surprised by this omission however as even my ancient CAS set-top-box from SCV (Coship) has component & optical outputs !

No, standard RCA can't handle HD. It's top output (according to my PS3 manual) is 576i.
There are three possibilities for how Airtel will offer HD:
1. It'll need a new STB
2. The USB input/output means Airtel will provide HD through IPTV.
3. HD in India means 576i! Think of it, the current DTH signal in India, despite the claim, is worse than 480p (DVD quality). So any service that is able to offer true DVD quality can market it as "hi-definition", just as the current service is "DVD quality".