Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 11:06   #646
BHPian

360 Regions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Just a quick question guys? Do you know if an XBOX 360 I bought here in the UK will work in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
UK and India are both PAL so that shouldn't be a problem. I have a couple of UK games and those work fine.
Games bought in the UK work fine on Indian 360s due to region compatibility, a few games in my collection are from the UK & work great here. Your power adapter also should work here without issues, my earlier XBox was bought in the UK, worked here straight out of the box ! All you'll need is a plug-point adapter since the pins are different, costs around Rs.40 at almost all electrical stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
you wont have any issues with the ntsc/pal settings as all tvs are multi-system, but do remember that xbox360 games are region coded (unlike ps3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I had bought my xbox 360 in singapore and it worked fine as far as power goes, however games bought in india did not work on the singapore xbox.
360 regions are:
1) NTSC - US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, & Brazil (North & South America)
2) NTSC-J - Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, & Taiwan (Asia)
3) PAL - Europe, South-Africa, Australia, New-Zealand, & India

Since India has been clubbed under Europe, games bought in the UK work fine on Indian 360s, & for the same reason games bought in India will not work on a Singapore 360.

P.S. - Forza 3 look delicious

Last edited by im_srini : 8th June 2009 at 11:17.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:47   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Now that E3 2009 is done & dusted, I guess there's nothing but good news waiting for 360 gamers
How come nobody has mentioned Project Natal?

Old 9th June 2009, 20:56   #648
Senior - BHPian

Hahah, driving with your hands in the air? No thanks, im better off with a gaming steering wheel.

Shan2nu
Old 9th June 2009, 21:30   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

YouTube - Project Natal
looks extremely impressive !! - well except for the driving with hands in air part - but I am sure you could hold something in your hands to give you the feeling of a steering wheel. I am not sure if this is just marketing vision or reality - we all know how pathetic and lame voice recognition is on windows mobile - wonder how microsoft is going to do all of this on xbox
Old 9th June 2009, 21:55   #650
Senior - BHPian

just an example - How does the system know whether the person is screwing or unscrewing! (The tyres ofcourse! )
This might be fun with a bunch of friends around for an hour or so. But, for serious gaming, nothing beats a controller in hand! (Who wants to sweat it out in a living room. LOL!)

P.S: A PS3 fan commenting while watching Dark Knight on Blu Ray!
Old 9th June 2009, 22:32   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post

woah ditto i am also a ps3 fan watching dark knight on bluray
Old 9th June 2009, 23:50   #652
Senior - BHPian

I am sure you know how to google. So I won't put links here about reviews from people who have actually played a few demoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Hahah, driving with your hands in the air? No thanks, im better off with a gaming steering wheel.

Shan2nu
Ahh.. famous last words. What if real cars in the future do not come with those round shaped things called steering wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
for an hour or so. But, for serious gaming, nothing beats a controller in hand! (Who wants to sweat it out in a living room. LOL!)

If you had been watching the latest edition of Terminator instead (on non blu teeth/ray/whatever), you would probably be left wondering if you are controlling the PS3 or if the PS3 is controlling you.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:10   #653
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you know how to google. So I won't put links here about reviews from people who have actually played a few demoes.
this is the link for the project
Xbox.com | Project Natal
they have some demos also on this page it seems (you need silverlight installed)
Old 10th June 2009, 01:00   #654
BHPian

well look what I found for us PS3 fan boys

The PS3 motion controller was also demo'd at the E3 and although not as impressive as xbox 360 project natal, it seems more achievable in the near term
Here is a comparison of the two
Project Natal vs PS3 Motion Impressions | Koku Gamer
Old 10th June 2009, 16:18   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Both MS & Sony have been on the back foot ever since Nintendo broadsided them with the Wii & its Wiimote. Pre-E3 rumors hinted that MS would finally debut their own motion-sensing controller (leaked a while ago & code-named "Newton"), instead we got Natal.

If you ask me, Natal's too much into the future, too much like "Minority Report" (little wonder Spielberg's given it a ). In any case, Sony's had its Eye-Toy line of simple games for some time now & the only way for MS to upstage everybody was to go beyond simple motion sensing. With Natal, the biggest drawbacks would be game development complexity, lack of feedback, & cost. It could be a while before we see games that support Natal fully...

Anyway, with stuff like gesture recognition & 3D games, gaming a few years down the line should be quite "interesting", if not entertaining ! We've indeed come a long way from Space-Invaders & Pac-Man

Last edited by im_srini : 10th June 2009 at 16:20.
Old 11th June 2009, 02:27   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh.. famous last words. What if real cars in the future do not come with those round shaped things called steering wheels
Even if steerings get outdated, you still wouldn't see people sitting with their hands in the air. Just try holding you arms out for 10 mins, its not something you'd look forward to, anytime in the future.

Moreover, for performance driving, nothing even comes close to a steering. We could see cars with joysticks, but they will never be able to give you the feel of a steering.

Shan2nu
Old 7th July 2009, 22:00   #657
BHPian

how many of you guys contribute to folding@home on the PS3 - i have been running this on my laptops/PCs continuously for years as well as both my PS3s on occasion.
Most often, I just see 2 contributors in India map on the folding@home app in PS3, one is a cluster of 2-3 machines, which is my laptop and 2 PS3s :-) and the other is in maharashtra border (bombay i guess)
Old 15th July 2009, 20:55   #658
BHPian

can anybody here suggest me some good games for the ps3

im currently having gta4,gt5,nfs undercover n resident evil 5 .. any other good games apart from this??
Old 15th July 2009, 21:11   #659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post

im currently having gta4,gt5,nfs undercover n resident evil 5 .. any other good games apart from this??
gran tourismo 5 is the shiyyyt.
Old 15th July 2009, 23:55   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post

Metal gear solid 4, you gotta play this. If u have a partner you have ta get any of the fifa's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks