Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2006, 19:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
1. I dont know how to post pics.
Arent moderators supposed to know this ? ,or was it a joke ?
Old 14th September 2006, 20:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
Hey Navin, can you confirm if your P990 has an in-built card scanner ?
acc. to specs,it has business card scanner.

from specs......

Use the P990i to scan business cards. Scan a business card, and the P990i will convert to text and save it in your contacts. Scan, save, synchronise
Old 14th September 2006, 21:09   #63
BHPian

hi there

hydrashok, Hey thanks for that link!!! Too much of infos!! But hey as I said in person, I've almost finalised on iMATE JasJam!!!! What say?!!

cheers:
Old 14th September 2006, 21:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nikki. check this site www.pocketpcdubai.com for details about Windows phones scenario in middle east.

www.msmobiles.com is another good site for Windows phone lovers.
Old 14th September 2006, 22:12   #65
BHPian

hi there

Satish, Thanks for that link!! Will revert after browsint the same!!

cheers!
Old 15th September 2006, 12:25   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Arent moderators supposed to know this ? ,or was it a joke ?
Posting pics is not a pre-requisite to being a Mod. I was "modded" becuase I got many grey hairs and too few grey cells (to refuse). :-)

My cameras manage to copy the pics from my cameras on to my PC automatically (dont ask me how my nephew did this for me). then I burn them on a CD and send them to a printer with instructions on the print size (4x6, 5x7, 6x8, 8x10 etc...).

Since I am a regular my printer knows what to do. Posting pics on the web requires storing 2 copies of the pics (full size for printing and reduced size for the web). confusing and a pain in the neck if you ask me.
Old 15th September 2006, 12:28   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie
Hey Navin, can you confirm if your P990 has an in-built card scanner ?
My P990 is back with SE. It was wierd it would come on on it's own go off while I was using it. just plain wierd. I had the dealer take it back and hopefully i will get a new piece today itself.

Funny guy, my dealer, refused to take the whole package back insisted on taking just the phone and warranty card.
Old 15th September 2006, 17:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

man if sum thing had happened to me after spending 30 K + on cell phone ,i would be pulling out whatever grey hairs that were left

Navin dont go easy with the dealer ,he might not even take to autorised serive center to get it repaired .
If he would replace you with a new piece ,but from where ?
Old 15th September 2006, 21:22   #69
BHPian

Quote:
My P990 is back with SE. It was wierd it would come on on it's own go off while I was using it. just plain wierd. I had the dealer take it back and hopefully i will get a new piece today itself.

Funny guy, my dealer, refused to take the whole package back insisted on taking just the phone and warranty card.
you know why....may be coz this phone has not been released officially.So he sold u in gray but with duplicate bill etc.

Local dealer told me that it has not been releaded so far.
Today i went to buy nokia N73 [under 24k now with B/W]but just couldn't buy it coz i never liked Nokia.Also i want to buy SE990 but will wait till its prices drop to about 25k and SE guys release firmwares to stop problems it is facing.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 15th September 2006 at 21:26.
Old 15th September 2006, 21:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:

That is because, Navinji, the dealers and vendors make it a point to lose your packing, accessories, etc., when you hand over everything for replacement. I have had my share of bad luck -- I would send the complete package and get back the "replaced" product albeit threadbare..

@ Nikkibike,

I use an older Ipaq h6365 and find it pretty useful, handwriting recognition, the storage via SD cards, working with Word, and all. However, I really don't like the phone functionality - it is pretty cumbersome, the ringtone is really low (even though I have an "edited" wav file with the volume magnified a number of times). I feel having two devices is the best way to go.
Old 16th September 2006, 10:08   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
you know why....may be coz this phone has not been released officially.So he sold u in gray but with duplicate bill etc..
I am not sure about this Doc. two dealers told me it has been officially released. the dealer's rep who picked up the phone told me that in the chaos that exists in the repair shop they are likely to loose the package.

Besides my package came with official address of India Distributor (Ingram Micro) and the IMEI number was registered at Sony Ericsom (warranty purposes).

BTW (OT) I had a chat with my dealer yesterday and she told that the barnd with the least problems and best A.S.S. is Samsung (is this true or is Samsung just offering better dealer margins).
Old 16th September 2006, 14:48   #72
BHPian

hi there

johy, Thanks for that link buddy!! But the spec isn't clear I guess!! What the processor speed of this one, Does it support edge and 3g??!! What bout its battery backup??!! Kindly lemme know...! Thanks in advance..!

cheers!
Old 18th September 2006, 10:19   #73
Team-BHP Support

Update on P990: Got new piece. SE apparantly tried like hell all of friday to fix my phone (updating frmware) and it took them a while to be convinved that it was not something a firmware upgrade could fix (my contention). New phone works fine out of the box. Same firmware as old phone (I am not such an idiot after all). Still I will move slowly from my Atom to the 990i. One feature at a time. Got me a second SIM card from Orange so I can use both phone ans slowly shift.
Old 19th September 2006, 14:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Update on P990i.

My next cabin neighbour at the office bought one of the first 990is in the market, but I had never seen him carrying one. Caught him with it recently and he said the unit was sent back to SE as soon as he bought it. Now he has the following problems:

1. Numeric keyboard 'hangs' occassionally. Stuck, does not respond.

2. Screen goes blank occassionally. The PDA is not hung, but its useless as you cant even see who's calling you.

3. A few dirty pixels on the screen. Thats a few too many.

4. Battery life - he just showed me the phone that was fully charged at 8 am today. Its showing less than half-full about 5 hours later.

Thats one really pissed off user. He has had one replacement and one software upgrade so far.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:39   #75
Team-BHP Support

I upgraded my software today. I had to reload all my data after the software upgrade. Boy I hate that.

Before the software upgrade I was able to hang my P990 last night. seems like some apps do not uninstall themselves when you are done using them. so after a few apps are loaded the memory gets full and it hangs. I assume a firmware upgrade will fix that.

Seems like your neighbour has worse luck than me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks