Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 22:14   #4141
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I had ordered two mobile covers from flipkart, they delivered only one. Have raised a complaint and they said that they will look into it but failed to give me a complaint no for it. Should i call again and ask for a reference no.
Old 24th October 2015, 22:23   #4142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You'll get it on some sites like CouponDunia, but there is no guarantee that it'll work.

The Amazon Diwali sales is from 26-28 Oct & Citibank credit & debit cards have a 15% discount (only on App & capped at a max 1750/-). In case you had not noticed.
Yeah I noticed it. They all ( eBay , Flipkart , Amazon ) give discounts for certain bank cards which we don't have. Now who is going to take the trouble of taking another bank card just to get their discounts
Old 25th October 2015, 05:08   #4143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Yeah I noticed it. They all ( eBay , Flipkart , Amazon ) give discounts for certain bank cards which we don't have. Now who is going to take the trouble of taking another bank card just to get their discounts
Its an easy problem to solve - This is where office friendships and the grand Indian extended family makes its appearance !

In every such sale my friend / cousin whatsapp group is buzzing with people asking about specific bank cards!
Old 25th October 2015, 10:03   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had ordered two mobile covers from flipkart, they delivered only one.

An email with a photo of the packaging should resolve this very easily. It's happened to me from paytm, shopperstop etc so far have received refunds without any problem.
Old 25th October 2015, 11:28   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Are you prepaying DHL Freight ? maybe seller has asked you to provide you with your DHL account number which is possible if you have a company having contract with DHL .

By my recent experience on import of iPhone 6S via DHL , better don't get anything on company name even if you have one as customs will then ask for BIS certificate .
Well the freight is payed by the seller. Seller suggested to use only company name to avoid issues at customs. Hence have used a friend's company name who is Registered with DHL. Hopefully should get it without issues.
Old 25th October 2015, 12:11   #4146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well the freight is payed by the seller. Seller suggested to use only company name to avoid issues at customs. Hence have used a friend's company name who is Registered with DHL
Thats not good by my experience , Customs will raise of queries as this will qualify as commercial shipment and not personal . If possible ask seller to change invoice / AWB or request DHL to file BOE on your personal name . Last month my iPhone was struck for want of BIS certificate which is now mandatory on most electronic items - in mine case my son shipped to my company address , my name was under my company name and then I had to file a revised BOE .
Old 25th October 2015, 12:24   #4147
BHPian

Quote:
Thats not good by my experience , Customs will raise of queries as this will qualify as commercial shipment and not personal . If possible ask seller to change invoice / AWB or request DHL to file BOE on your personal name . Last month my iPhone was struck for want of BIS certificate which is now mandatory on most electronic items - in mine case my son shipped to my company address , my name was under my company name and then I had to file a revised BOE .
Pardon my ignorance but what does BOE stand for? Can the invoice be changed Midway during shipping? Apparently the latest status I have from DHL tracking site is that the shipment has been cleared by Delhi Customs. So hope in Mumbai again no requests are put up.
Old 25th October 2015, 12:53   #4148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post

Pardon my ignorance but what does BOE stand for?
AFAIK it is BOE: Bill Of Exchange
Old 25th October 2015, 16:30   #4149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK it is BOE: Bill Of Exchange
I think it's Bill Of Entry, not Exchange.
Old 25th October 2015, 20:54   #4150
Senior - BHPian

In the current context you are correct. BOE is Bill of Entry filed at the point of entry of goods in to a country.

BOE is also Bill of Exchange but that is a financial instrument used in banking transactions for settling trade accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
I think it's Bill Of Entry, not Exchange.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:38   #4151
BHPian

One of my wife's colleagues ordered a set of Philips LED bullbs from Flipkart. The MRP on the site was approximately Rs.800 and he was getting them for Rs. 420. When he got the package, the MRP was Rs.600. So, the discount that was advertised was not what he got in the end.
It didn't end there. He called up Flipkart Customer service and explained the situation. The reply was "Saar, but you anyway got a discount, right? Why complain!?"
The colleague disconnected.
Old 26th October 2015, 19:20   #4152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
On 10th October, I ordered an item off Amazon. The payment mode was through debit card.

Yesterday I received a mail from the seller saying,

"Unfortunately we encountered a technical issue on our site which reflected false shipping time of 2 days. We regret to inform you that there will be a delay of 10 working days in dispatch of your shipment as we import all our products/orders from the U.S. Please expect to receive your order anytime between the 26th to the 28th of October 2015.
Please note we will be marking the order dispatched on the system only so kindly ignore the shipment confirmation email you get from Amazon. We will update the order with the tracking information when we actually send out the same".

I later received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Amazon.

What's going on? Is the seller trying to bury his error, lest he gets a bad rating and might need to refund the amount?
Well, its 26th today- the day the seller had promised delivery. Since the product wasn't despatched yet, and also since the order status was now showing the product as 'Delivered', I contacted Amazon directly.
They reverted saying that since it isn't an 'Amazon Fulfilled' order, they couldn't do much, except ask the seller to clarify the matter.
The seller responded saying that it would be another 5-7 days before the item can be sent, since the item was 'damaged in transit'. Yeah right.
I've now requested for a cancellation and a refund as I've had enough.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:42   #4153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I usually don't shop at Flipkart. Unfortunately, My office gave me few FK gift coupons and I had to shop there. I placed order for 8GB pen drive on 15 Oct. Estimated delivery date is 30th Oct. So far the status says 'Approved' and seller is yet to pack. I think the seller will pack on 28th and ship, so that it reaches me on 30th.
Surprise, got the delivery on 25th, here is the status:
  • Sat, 24th Oct 09:25 pm: Item has been confirmed by the seller (WS Retail)
  • Sun, 25th Oct 02:04 pm: Delivered to Customer
Old 26th October 2015, 22:46   #4154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but what does BOE stand for? Can the invoice be changed Midway during shipping? Apparently the latest status I have from DHL tracking site is that the shipment has been cleared by Delhi Customs
Sorry , its Bill of Entry as confirmed by others , if your shipment has cleared then nothing to worry - you are lucky - perhaps value will be low .

Yes , we can revise BOE even if goods have landed , just need to submit a fresh invoice and a letter with some valid reasons .
Old 27th October 2015, 00:39   #4155
Senior - BHPian

Could you please elaborate the issue regarding BIS. I intend to import alloys for my ride and would appreciate more information regarding potential issues.

Quote:
By my recent experience on import of iPhone 6S via DHL , better don't get anything on company name even if you have one as customs will then ask for BIS certificate .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks