Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 15:29   #5131
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Anyone else tried selling their used goods on Amazon - specifically Junglee? I am only selling my old books but it has been a pretty ok experience so far. Here is how it works:

1. Post pics of the book with description on the used books page on Amazon (actually Junglee)
2. Once ad is approved, it shows up on Amazon pages under a "used" list
3. Buyer pays for the product - you get an update that the product is sold.
4. You have to schedule a pickup - Amazon ATS come and pick up the product.
5. They ship it to buyer and buyer can inspect item and return if not satisfied.
6. If buyer is satisfied, you receive your payment in 2 weeks.

It has been a satisfactory experience so far with one bad experience.

1. Sold a boxset of Buddha books - books were in impeccable condition.
2. Amazon ATS picked it up from me.
3. See an update that buyer rejected the product. I expected some foul play.
4. Amazon ATS returned product to me in their own packing. I opened it to see that they had torn the box-set box! I suspected buyer and hesitantly contacted him and realised that it was actually Amazon's fault.
5. Had to run around to locate how to raise a claim but raised it and only received Rs.500 - half the price of the product!
6. The above experience left a bad taste in the mouth and it was bad that Amazon took so much time to accept responsibility.

This seller option actually uses Amazon Seller Central. But for individual sellers, there are hardly any options. You cannot see your inventory, you cannot set prices in bulk, you cannot get support easily.

But pretty good experience and has been much better than giving away all my books.
Old 21st November 2016, 10:25   #5132
BHPian

Bad Experience with Amazon

Friend wanted to order Engine Oil From Amazon. It has 2 qty per customer restrictions. So asked me to order two more quantity. However same seller doesn't have stock. So I selected next seller, whose price is little higher, but with Free Delivery. However when I go to Check-out, price remain same. In last price page of checkout Shipping charge are applied, which marked free delivery in product page, while selecting the shipping method (standard delivery marked free in check-out).

Contacted Amazon customer service, took long time for them to find issue with problem. First solution contact Seller. However it is issue with Amazon itself.

Just wanted to give heads-up to members here. Be sure look for final amount and Shipping rates remain same in last page, before placing the order.
Old 25th November 2016, 21:09   #5133
BHPian

Anybody had an 'account disabled' issue with Aliexpress?

Friend is a regular shopper. Has multiple orders pending, but now her account has been disabled; meaning she can't raise a dispute or anything. Site support chat is useless.

Any idea?
Old 26th November 2016, 00:24   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post

Friend is a regular shopper. Has multiple orders pending, but now her account has been disabled; meaning she can't raise a dispute or anything. Site support chat is useless.

Any idea?
Ask your friend to email security@aliexpress.com
And ask them why the account was disabled. Sometimes if there are too many orders they might think it was hacked or something to prevent fraudulent purchases.

It should get sorted out. But those pending orders would be canceled as far as I can tell. She might have to provide proof that it was her account if asked for. Just ask her to email them and see what response she gets.
Old 28th November 2016, 10:16   #5135
BHPian

Any upcoming sale on e commerce sites? Planning to buy an i-Phone. Flipkart currently lists i Phone 6 @ 33.9k with exchange and interest free EMI's offer.
Old 28th November 2016, 13:05   #5136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Planning to buy an i-Phone. Flipkart currently lists i Phone 6 @ 33.9k with exchange and interest free EMI's offer.
I posted this on the iPhone thread yesterday that this same model was available for 29200 (without exchange) on fk three weeks back. You can wait for a better deal.
Old 1st December 2016, 02:56   #5137
BHPian

Quote:
Any upcoming sale on e commerce sites? Planning to buy an i-Phone. Flipkart currently lists i Phone 6 @ 33.9k with exchange and interest free EMI's offer.
Wait for the year end sale, the 6s will be at the same price.
Old 1st December 2016, 11:46   #5138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just a note of caution that only Flipkart and Infibeam are the authorised online resellers of the iPhone in India so steer clear of other e-commerce websites!

Refer: http://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers/
Old 1st December 2016, 19:35   #5139
BHPian

Guys most of you must be knowing this but if you use a cashback website to shop (rather than directly going to the shopping website) then you can get additional discounts (as the cashback website is paid by the merchant for traffic and they can in turn give some discount to you).

Examples are cashkaro and topcashback.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th December 2016 at 23:42. Reason: Strictly no mention of referrals on the forum! Removing relevant bits.
Old 7th December 2016, 19:53   #5140
BHPian

Greetings
I was shopping on Aliexpress and was about to pay through AliPay wallet. As I proceeded I saw a notice there. It stated that Aliexpress will be removing their AliPay service from 1 January 2017 onwards. As I said, they do have a notice regarding the same on their desktop website, but it is too small to be noticed. BHPians who purchase items from Aliexpress using the AliPay service are requested to use their money from AliPay before 1 January 2017. Leftover balance would be terminated. I have also talked to their support team and they confirmed upon the same. I hope it helps.
Regards
Old 7th December 2016, 23:23   #5141
BANNED

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2016 at 15:49.
Old 10th December 2016, 10:25   #5142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Not a disabled account, but:
Was not happy with one product. I messaged the seller. The seller tried to show that they didnt understand the problem. Having given them a chance, I posted a 3* feedback with a couple of lines of the quality of the product. However, the feedback did not make it to their product page.
Old 10th December 2016, 11:19   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Ask your friend to email security@aliexpress.com
And ask them why the account was disabled.
Mailed them, let's see if they reply.
There was no over-activity, no bad card or anything. It's like they just arbitrarily blocked an account one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I posted a 3* feedback with a couple of lines of the quality of the product. However, the feedback did not make it to their product page.
Rejecting 3*. Wow, that's a pretty high bar to set.

Honestly, I've had a pretty good shopping experience so far from AliEx. However, if they would just get up and delete an account one day, it's a deal breaker.
Old 10th December 2016, 13:10   #5144
Senior - BHPian

I ordered few cloths from snapdeal on 20 Nov. The very next moment after I ordered, the item went out of stock. Now After waiting till 30 Nov 2016, I tried cancelling my order, but the order just can't be cancelled.

Contacted their customer care number but no one picks up the call except for irritating IVRS repeated message stating that my order has been cancelled.

Contacted through their app, no reply.

Now pursuing them on twitter since 1st December asking to cancel my order and refund my money back, but except for 'Apologies, will contact asap' automated response, I have neither got my money back, nor my order delivered.

I can't imagine snapdeal has gone so low in terms of such experiences. I would rather not order anything from their website even if they are giving it for free!

Any workaround here to get my money back? The website/app is simply not cancelling my order and the system seems to be frozen!
Old 10th December 2016, 15:35   #5145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Just a note of caution that only Flipkart and Infibeam are the authorised online resellers of the iPhone in India so steer clear of other e-commerce websites!

Refer: http://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers/
Mine is purchased from PayTM and I have gotten it fixed under warranty too. as long as the phone is an authorised Indian Import and shows in Apple warranty details, all is good. Never have I been asked for my purchase receipt. The service centre checks in their system and proceeds for repairs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks