Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 08:15   #4981
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Flipkart delivery suck and suck big time. Had ordered a mobile on 19th Sept with an assured delivery date of 22nd Sept. But the date was missed by delivery guys on the pretext that the package had not reached them on Thursday when I could see in the tracking the package reaching the hub nearest to my place on Thursday morning. They promised to deliver on Friday after 6 pm since I had to use the mobile which was under exchange. Again a few wasted calls to delivery team and no response. Finally they delivered on Saturday at 5pm a whole 2 days late. The logistics here is eKart.

Why does it take days for the package to reach me when I can see its at the nearest hub? Also I don't understand the logic of displaying the time of reaching the hub as 4.32 am. I mean who does that delivery at that odd hour?
Old 26th September 2016, 13:50   #4982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Flipkart delivery suck and suck big time. Had ordered a mobile on 19th Sept with an assured delivery date of 22nd Sept. But the date was missed by delivery guys on the pretext that the package had not reached them on Thursday when I could see in the tracking the package reaching the hub nearest to my place on Thursday morning. They promised to deliver on Friday after 6 pm since I had to use the mobile which was under exchange. Again a few wasted calls to delivery team and no response. Finally they delivered on Saturday at 5pm a whole 2 days late. The logistics here is eKart.
Did you pay for the assured delivery? If yes, do follow up with them to refund the amount. If not, well, forget about it and enjoy the new phone.

After shopping from all the major portals, one thing I now do is expect my package to arrive only after 7 days, irrespective of what delivery date the site mentions. In case I am ordering something critical, I make sure to keep a lead time of at least 7 days. If I don't have this time, I simply buy it from a physical store. Saves me a lot of heartburn.

Quote:
Why does it take days for the package to reach me when I can see its at the nearest hub? Also I don't understand the logic of displaying the time of reaching the hub as 4.32 am. I mean who does that delivery at that odd hour?
I regularly see such times on even Amazon. I think it is not an individual parcel but rather a big consignment which moves from one warehouse to another. I guess this continues 24x7 behind the scenes. Another thing could be recording the goods in the system - could take up a few hours in case of big warehouses where the package volumes are high. Just my guess!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 26th September 2016 at 13:51.
Old 26th September 2016, 14:42   #4983
Senior - BHPian

Feedback on TATAcliq.com

I bought 2 pairs of footwear for my wife from TATAcliq.com on 16th Septemer, 2016.

I received ONE pair on 18th but I got email from TATAcliq that both the pairs have been delivered (I didn’t get any email/SMS that products had been shipped). I called TATAcliq that I got only one pair and customer care executive assured me that they will look into it and get back to me in 24 hours.

I didn’t get any reply in 24 hours, so on 19th September, I twitted about it “@TataCLiQ Order No:100098767. Ordered 2 pairs of Sandals. Received just 1 pair. Contacted helpline, no response even after 24 hours. Please look into it.”. I immediately got a call from their social media team. The person asked pictures of packing, etc. I fortunately had packing intact (normally it is thrown after taking out the product). I sent the pictures. It is clearly visible from the pictures that two pairs cannot be there in this packing. I suggested TATAcliq social media executive to check with their courier partner (Blue Dart) about the dimensions and weight of the package to make things easier for them. The executive assured me that within 24 hours, they will either refund my money or send me the product.
I reminded them on 20th, 21st and 22nd September but they have a copy+paste reply “As discussed, we're coordinating with our team internally to fulfill your order or to refund the amount against it ASAP. ~RP”. (Not a single word change, fixed template???) .

After that I gave up and forgot my money.

I have been buying stuff online since 2008. Things have changed and these days if customer care team doesn’t respond, they do respond if you post about it on twitter/facebook but TATAcliq is different.

Guys, if you plan to buy anything from TATAcliq, please remember my experience. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-tatacliq.jpeg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 15:36   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have been buying stuff online since 2008. Things have changed and these days if customer care team doesn’t respond, they do respond if you post about it on twitter/facebook but
if I zoom your image I think it shows two line items on the box seeming to indicate that two items were included. Luckily you have the package pictures. I usually take pics this way before and after just in case. I had this issue with shopperstop some other portal too recently. However both were resolved with shopperstop needing tremendous followup and calls to their executives from their website listings.

The one that still bothers me is with patanjali, where I ordered the diamond basmati rice and they shipped me the silver which was half the price. No calls answered or emails, I gave up on that one.
Old 26th September 2016, 17:39   #4985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
if I zoom your image I think it shows two line items on the box seeming to indicate that two items were included.
Which image indicated two items? I will check and upload original full size image.

The package's dimensions (L x W x H) are exactly same of one shoe box.
Old 26th September 2016, 17:50   #4986
BHPian

Quote:
The package's dimensions (L x W x H) are exactly same of one shoe box.
The invoice on top seems to have two line items. I could be wrong
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474892375.377382.jpg
Totally agree on the box size and has happened to me and this was my defense.
Old 26th September 2016, 17:57   #4987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The invoice on top seems to have two line items. I could be wrong

Totally agree on the box size and has happened to me and this was my defense.
Yeah, invoice is of both the items. They packed one item, attached invoiced of both the items and after delivery, they claimed that they have delivered both the items.

Luckily, the items were under some promotion and the cost was Rs.199/- each pair. So, I am happy that only Rs.199/- gave me an experience worth much more about TATA Cliq. Imagine, buying 2 mobile phones from TATAcliq and facing such issue.
Old 26th September 2016, 18:17   #4988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, invoice is of both the items. They packed one item, attached invoiced of both the items and after delivery, they claimed that they have delivered both the items.
Does the invoice say "Package 1/1" or "Package 1/2"?

If it says 1/1, it'll be easy to use your photos to show there's only one shoebox. And they better not argue that both pairs of footwear are in the same box!
Old 26th September 2016, 18:45   #4989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does the invoice say "Package 1/1" or "Package 1/2"?
Invoice is of both the items.

And just now I checked it (after your post), invoice clearly mentions weight as 0.500 kg. which is actual weight of one pair.

Dimensions mentioned on invoice (41 x 6 x 28 cms.) are not correct though, not even for 2 pairs. Actual dimensions are 15 x 10 x 28 cms.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-2.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-3.jpg  

Old 26th September 2016, 19:51   #4990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I have ordered 3 items from GearBest. The 2 orders which were of low value got delivered in quick time i.e. 10-15 days. The third item (ordered first) which was relatively expensive item is still on the way even after 17 days. The delivery is by postnl. The current status is "The item has been processed in the country of destination". How do i track this item in India. Would appreciate any info regarding the same.
Just wanted to post an update about shipping for 3 orders from Gearbest. 2 items under 5 dollars got delivered within 10 days. The 3rd order just under 100 dollars got delivered with 18 days without customs. The shopping experience on GearBest has been excellent.
Old 26th September 2016, 23:25   #4991
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon fined for trying to ship Li-ion batteries, aerosols by air

Quote:
Online shopping giant Amazon [UK] has been fined £65,000 after being found guilty of attempting to ship dangerous lithium ion batteries and flammable aerosols by air.

They were only discovered when cargoes were screened by Royal Mail and UPS ahead of their intended departures and intercepted before they could reach the aircraft [between November 2013 and June 2015].
Source: Daily Mail
Old 29th September 2016, 14:40   #4992
BHPian

I am trying to purchase furniture from pepperfry but the product I want is not shipped to my pincode in Chennai. Is there any freight forward mechanism that anyone has used for this in India?
Old 29th September 2016, 16:48   #4993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to purchase furniture from pepperfry but the product I want is not shipped to my pincode in Chennai. Is there any freight forward mechanism that anyone has used for this in India?
I have bought plenty of goods from pepperfry and shipped to Chennai.

My guess is that the seller in your case is in Bangalore and hence will not be able to make timely delivery of whatever product by road to Chennai. So delivery to Chennai is not being offered for that product. (Pepperfry has multiple companies selling through it). If that is the case freight forwarding isn't going to do too much good till there is some decision on the Cauvery issue.
Old 29th September 2016, 17:29   #4994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
My guess is that the seller in your case is in Bangalore and hence will not be able to make timely delivery of whatever product by road to Chennai.
The seller is actually Hometown (Future Group) and is only shipping to Delhi and few other zipcodes. I tried Bangalore pincodes and no delivery there too.
Old 29th September 2016, 18:26   #4995
Senior - BHPian

Still talking about Pepperfry, I'm considering buying a wardrobe with large mirror from them. Will they deliver it safely? It states that carpenter assembly is needed. Do they deliver flat packed ?

Most Viewed