Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:23   #4966
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
give your residential address.

I have ordered around 50 items from aliexpress, haven't missed out a single one.
Always used China Air Mail Registered post and have not lost any item.

Without registered post, missed a few. Got a lesson with it.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:01   #4967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Always used China Air Mail Registered post and have not lost any item.

Without registered post, missed a few. Got a lesson with it.
Same here. Never missed a shipment with China Registered Post. All delivered within 3 weeks.
Old 25th September 2016, 07:33   #4968
BHPian

PayTM seller hasn't shipped my order (engine oil) since 12+ days!

They may have tasted abit of success, but it seems its gotten to their heads! the way they answer and deal with online complaints is that the tone & tenor is hurtfully condescending.

Being proud of oneself is understandable, but they should show attitude to their rivals, NOT their customers! PayTM can be good at payments, but thats it.

I guess I'm going to stick to amazon for serious purchases.
Old 25th September 2016, 11:00   #4969
Senior - BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

I placed an order at Adidas official site and then cancelled it very next day on 12th August but yet to receive the refund. The order status still shows 'under process' rather than 'cancelled'. Despite numerous promises the amount is still not being refunded. Have bought few items earlier and also cancelled one before this and got the refund on time but this time it's really sucking.
Old 25th September 2016, 11:22   #4970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
PayTM seller hasn't shipped my order (engine oil) since 12+ days!
Is the date past the expected date at the time of placing the order?
Old 25th September 2016, 13:59   #4971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Is the date past the expected date at the time of placing the order?
Yes, 14-16th Sept. My order was placed on 8th. It wasn't shipped even yet.

I've now cancelled the order & decided to limit using the refunded amount to pay off electricity bills & recharges.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 25th September 2016 at 14:00.
Old 25th September 2016, 14:09   #4972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Yes, 14-16th Sept. My order was placed on 8th. It wasn't shipped even yet.
Okay I usually get updates from paytm on delays and if seller has not shipped etc. sometimes the seller is forced into the deep discounts we see and they delay the shipments to avoid cutting down on their margins with the hope that the customer will cancel the order. I have had one or two such delays and I usually wait it off as the seller has to ship it else he gets some sort of downgrade.
You can go to the order and click refund to bank account and they will send the money back to your card or account. The customer support is a pain to work with and I usually email them when I have any issues.
Old 25th September 2016, 14:51   #4973
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got a bottle of ONR car wash, sitting, boxed and ready for collection. It has been there for several months. It was supplied in error, and the seller sent out the correct product almost immediately, so I am not complaining. Two or three times they said they had arranged collection, and two or three times it didn't happen. Probably it will be there still when I need another bottle... but that will be months as it is concentrated stuff and I don't wash the car that often.

I'm really not bothered. If I ever get around to using it, I'll do the decent thing and send them the money (or... we could do that if anyone in this area wants it!) but I'm puzzled: if I remember right, this is over Rs.1k: not a cheap thing for a dealer to loose!
Old 25th September 2016, 16:45   #4974
Distinguished - BHPian

My DRLs were shipped out using Aliexpress standard international shipping. They were dispatched on 30/08 and flew out of Malaysia on 02/09. It reached Mumbai on 07/09 which was impressive and they sent it to Bangalore the same day. After that, the irritation began. Until 21/09, there was no news about the parcel and I was not able to contact anyone since the numbers I tried were all irrelevant and no one had a clue. The status showed as sent to CED Bangalore which I understand is the customs.

My previous orders were cleared by customs within 4-5 working days. This one had exceeded the average and I was getting annoyed. Hence I raised a grievance at pgportal.gov.in on 22/09. Was given an immediate response in the afternoon that the issue has been forwarded to the concerned department. On 23/09, the parcel moved from Customs to my local post office who received it 24/09. Went and collected just to find that they had levied duty on the product, which came up to Rs. 325. Paid the same and brought it home. Thanks to the portal for an amazing revert. And no thanks to customs, you sat on my product for 15 days and still levied duty on an item which doesnt cost 100$.
Old 25th September 2016, 17:03   #4975
BHPian

I have ordered 3 items from GearBest. The 2 orders which were of low value got delivered in quick time i.e. 10-15 days. The third item (ordered first) which was relatively expensive item is still on the way even after 17 days. The delivery is by postnl. The current status is "The item has been processed in the country of destination". How do i track this item in India. Would appreciate any info regarding the same.
Old 25th September 2016, 17:16   #4976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I have ordered 3 items from GearBest. The 2 orders which were of low value got delivered in quick time i.e. 10-15 days. The third item (ordered first) which was relatively expensive item is still on the way even after 17 days. The delivery is by postnl. The current status is "The item has been processed in the country of destination". How do i track this item in India. Would appreciate any info regarding the same.
If you have a tracking number which is of the format AB*************YZ then you can mostly track it here http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

If not, then you should just wait and see if it will come someday.
Old 25th September 2016, 17:26   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you have a tracking number which is of the format AB*************YZ then you can mostly track it here http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/
Thanks audioholic;4063697. My tracking number is RSXXXXXXXXXN. I can see the latest status.

9/23/2016 7:44:44 PM India CRC MUMBAI Send item out of sorting centre (Inb) Air MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE.
Old 25th September 2016, 17:56   #4978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Thanks audioholic;4063697. My tracking number is RSXXXXXXXXXN. I can see the latest status.

9/23/2016 7:44:44 PM India CRC MUMBAI Send item out of sorting centre (Inb) Air MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE.
It should reach you within a week if customs is already cleared. Else it will take a long time.
Old 25th September 2016, 23:47   #4979
BHPian

I've started using delivery at their ( Amazon ) pickup points. There can't be an excuse of customer not found ( although I've got at least 3000 bucks gift cards for that ) and no pesky bells in the peak of the afternoon at home.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 25th September 2016 at 23:48.
Old 26th September 2016, 03:12   #4980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I've started using delivery at their ( Amazon ) pickup points. ...
Worked very well for me in London. My host is disabled, and the last thing she needs is being dragged downstairs to collect parcels which aren't even for her.

First day there, last July, went to the pick-up point to get my use-travelling headphones that were waiting for me. I was their first Amazon Pickup customer! I had to be patient while they got the hang of the electronic box.

Most Viewed