Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:25   #5011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I had ordered an action cam(SJ5000x Elite) off Banggood during their anniversary sale and it was shipped through Singapore Post.
The current status mentions the item being received at 'BANGALORE SUB FGN POST' with a remark as "Retention reason : Call Customs 080 22869992 OR Email cuspadbg01@gmail.com".
The camera cost less than 10K, Am I liable to pay any customs/duties on this?
I had ordered this in view of the recent revision in custom duties which enabled anyone to purchase goods of upto 50000INR without any custom duties/taxes. Do correct me if my interpretation is wrong.
Yes, your interpretation is wrong. Earlier, to import any electronics over 2000, one needed an import license. The latest amendment only increases that limit to 50k. You still have to pay the relevant duties, which is around 28% for electronics + CVD (if they charge it).
Old 5th October 2016, 11:11   #5012
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Yes, your interpretation is wrong. Earlier, to import any electronics over 2000, one needed an import license. The latest amendment only increases that limit to 50k. You still have to pay the relevant duties, which is around 28% for electronics + CVD (if they charge it).
Thanks for the clarification, I had been completely unaware of this.
I just got off the phone with the FPO, I had mailed them my invoice and the CC statement as requested a couple of days back. The informed me that the item has been accessed for duty of around 1.1K which is not bad considering the cam cost me around 7.5K. The shipment will be forwarded to the PO soon and the Postman will contact me for delivery and payment of duty.

Last edited by Roomy : 5th October 2016 at 11:29.
Old 5th October 2016, 19:41   #5013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Had anyone registered for Amazon Prime membership by posting the amount of ₹499?

I just got this email:

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've registered for it yesterday. I tend to use one-day and two-day shipping quite often, so the 500 rupees definitely pays itself back quite quickly.

Once the introductory offer goes away, I'd consider paying 1000 only based on how compelling Prime Video is (when launched).

If someone doesn't use the quicker shipping options (and if they don't suffer from the "must-have-it-NOW!" syndrome that I have), then the other benefits currently available are not really compelling.
Registered for it. I suffer from the things mentioned above . In addition apparently prime video is coming on November 9th and Amazon wants to launch with a big bang. So expecting some good stuff. Also I am currently paying 700 odd for Netflix per month mainly for kids stuff. Compared to that 499 per year is a huge bargain even if the content is poor( which I don't think will happen. )
Old 5th October 2016, 19:46   #5014
BHPian

Hi all I am thinking of ordering a mobile phone from China for $445. Any ideas how much in duties I will have to pay?

Thinking of Xiaomi mi5 128 GB pro edition.
Old 5th October 2016, 21:55   #5015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Hi all I am thinking of ordering a mobile phone from China for $445. Any ideas how much in duties I will have to pay?

Thinking of Xiaomi mi5 128 GB pro edition.
Please do not as international warranty, fakes, chinese roms are issues
Old 6th October 2016, 14:48   #5016
Senior - BHPian

It's been a bumper festival sale for online companies if reports are to be believed. I hope they have logistics in place to handle timely shipping and delivery.

I ordered for an iPhone from snapdeal and the estimated delivery date is Oct 9-13. I received an SMS from Bluedart that it would be delivered today but I can see it's in Hyderabad now from the tracking information. The delivery destination is Kolkata , so it will take at least 2 days to reach. Not sure how they sent the SMS on today's date.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:54   #5017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It's been a bumper festival sale for online companies if reports are to be believed. I hope they have logistics in place to handle timely shipping and delivery.
My wife and I ordered about 20 items from Amazon - 7-8 different shipments. So far, the ones due have been delivered exactly on schedule.

The big-ticket item is an LG monitor for myself; which is due between 9/10 and 13/10 - and today I got the message that it has been shipped already (currently in Thane, MH). I expect it to be delivered on Saturday going by past record.

Disclaimer: I am a Prime subscriber. YMMV.
Old 6th October 2016, 15:44   #5018
Team-BHP Support

E-tailers seem to have learned from past years' logistical nightmares. I managed to order a Moto Turbo from Flipkart on the 3rd and it was promptly delivered on the morning of 5th, as promised.
Old 6th October 2016, 18:43   #5019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
In addition apparently prime video is coming on November 9th and Amazon wants to launch with a big bang. So expecting some good stuff. Also I am currently paying 700 odd for Netflix per month mainly for kids stuff. Compared to that 499 per year is a huge bargain even if the content is poor( which I don't think will happen. )
You might want to create a separate thread for Amazon Prime Video. There is already one for Netflix.
Also, are you saying that Amazon Prime customers will get discount for Prime Video?
Old 6th October 2016, 19:02   #5020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
You might want to create a separate thread for Amazon Prime Video. There is already one for Netflix.
Also, are you saying that Amazon Prime customers will get discount for Prime Video?
As I understand, Prime members get unlimited streaming of Prime Videos/Movies/TV Shows. That is how it is in Amazon US, but costs ~$10 a month.

Rs. 499 a year for unlimited streaming seems too good to be true. But that is how I understand it and considering it is Amazon, not very surprising as they probably will launch with a big bang.

Good idea to create a thread. Will do that.
Old 7th October 2016, 14:39   #5021
BHPian

Just a heads up guys for those who pay via CoD.

Came across this video on YouTube in which the customer pays cash to the delivery guy and after that gets involved with his newly delivered product. The delivery guy who was counting the cash, seeing the opportunity puts one note inside his shirt and pretends to count once again and then tells the customer that cash is short.
Now in most cases, the customer will think it's his mistake and will give him the balance cash but in this case the CCTV footage helped and caught the culprit.

Apologies if it's been shared before.
Old 7th October 2016, 21:58   #5022
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just a heads up guys for those who pay via CoD......
Never a bad thing to be extra vigilant!

Also, given the delivery guy has nothing to do with the product itself and can't accept a return on the spot even if you spot a defect, there's no point checking the package ignoring everything else.

The only check I usually do before payment is for obvious signs of tampering, in which case I refuse delivery. For everything else, I accept the package, film the un-boxing and take up any disputes with the portal/seller.
Old 8th October 2016, 18:24   #5023
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a few clothes and books off amazon the 2nd. Books were a priority as they were supposed to be a gift. Not seeing it dispatched and watching all other items get dispatched, i contacted their support and told them about my predicament and on three occasions they assured me it would get shipped immediately as they have passed on the message to their shipping department.

Near on a week, all other items in order received but these books [all fulfilled by amazon] yet to be dispatched :(
Old 8th October 2016, 19:37   #5024
BHPian

A friend purchased a dlink N300 modem router and received an AC750 router instead. It was a cloudtail fulfilled item and was a bit more expensive than the original item ordered. I was surprised at the mixup from Amazon.
Old 9th October 2016, 08:02   #5025
BHPian

I have bought Dr Aquaguard by Eureka Forbes.It is RO-UV enabled and has both wall mounting and table top options. I have mounted on wall.
Inlet is fed from OH tank(Borewell water).Service engineer has fitted a two way valve to connect unit to Tap water also,in case Borewell fails..
Two way valve is free of cost
Moderators: Please delete this post as I have already replied the same earlier under "Quote". Thanks

Last edited by virgopal : 9th October 2016 at 08:19. Reason: Added a request

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks