Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 13:12   #6316
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have ordered some small stuff from AliExpress (< 10$).
Whats the latest on customs wrt to these kinds of items off later ? Can someone share latest experiences.
You shouldn't have any customs related issues for your order. Most of the items under $20-30 get released without being caught or taxed.
I've done a lot of shopping on AliExpress and one time I have ordered an item worth $250. That was 2 years back and got cleared without any troubles. Sellers usually declare a lower value on the package to safeguard their customers (though not really a legal thing).
These days Customs dept has become strict, but items under $20-30 shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10th April 2019, 14:48   #6317
Distinguished - BHPian

What is happening with Gearbest these days? They are just not dispatching my orders even after many days of wait. I have cancelled three of my previous orders since they were not dispatched and no ETA given even though I have always been getting the orders lightning fast, sometimes within a week. Anyone facing the same issue?
Old 10th April 2019, 15:06   #6318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What is happening with Gearbest these days? They are just not dispatching my orders even after many days of wait. I have cancelled three of my previous orders since they were not dispatched and no ETA given even though I have always been getting the orders lightning fast, sometimes within a week. Anyone facing the same issue?
I too have been having problems with deliveries from Aliexpress. The tracking stops working after the package reaches India and deliveries are delayed.

Wondering if the Govt decision in the link below has got anything to do with this.
https://www.timesnownews.com/busines...evasion/395024
Old 10th April 2019, 15:11   #6319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I too have been having problems with deliveries from Aliexpress. The tracking stops working after the package reaches India and deliveries are delayed.

[/url]
Surprising, this.

I have received multiple shipments over the last month and was always able to track on
ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/
Old 10th April 2019, 15:28   #6320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Wondering if the Govt decision in the link below has got anything to do with this.
My Aliexpress parcels are reaching promptly. I only have issue with Gearbest orders.
Old 10th April 2019, 15:55   #6321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you try tracking on the india post website?
Old 10th April 2019, 16:28   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

same here when i contacted the India post telephone number , their response was , Bangalore FGN does not update the tracking information , please visit the GPO personally to get the delivery resolved .
did a little bit of googling and found the same response / reports from many other buyers.

http://www.rcindia.org/chatter-zone/...b-fgn-post/50/
Old 10th April 2019, 17:53   #6323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Did you try tracking on the india post website?
Yes I did. There is no update after it reached India for over a month.
Old 10th April 2019, 19:04   #6324
Team-BHP Support

Any idea when is the next big sale on clothes ? Jabong, Myntra etc.
Old 19th April 2019, 12:38   #6325
BHPian

Anyone bought stuff from https://ltonlinestore.com/. They carry good prices compared to FK/Amazon for IT/Phone related items.

Edit - Thought of getting a 64 GB SD card, but no option of COD so looking for feedback.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 19th April 2019 at 12:40.
Old 25th April 2019, 06:26   #6326
BHPian

Ordered from Aliexpress couple of weeks ago a portable led flashlight valued $13. On payment and order confirmation I received this message from the seller..

"please read the following carefully:
Indian buyers
*According to the regulations of the Indian Customs, each parcel is subject to the corresponding tariff, Indian Customs Tel: +91 1800 11 2011

If you are not willing to pay customs duties in your country, please cancel the order. avoid unnecessary trouble.
If the goods are returned due to your failure to pay customs duties. Shipping costs will be borne by you. Thank you for your cooperation!"

I was expecting to pay some duty, but was pleasantly surprised to get delivery by a courier service (not the local postman) and no duty as well.
My first package in last couple of years ordering from Aliexpress, delivered by Courier.
Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 25th April 2019, 08:04   #6327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any idea when is the next big sale on clothes ? Jabong, Myntra etc.
They have brand specific sale around the year IMO. The next general sale is probably due around in June 2019.

For Amazon, one can use " Keepa.in " website to track the historical price changes. Have not researched anything for FK/Myntra.
Old 26th April 2019, 00:08   #6328
BHPian

First bad example on jabong. Ordered couple of jeans last week thinking if i like one, i will retain or else will return. One jeans was delivered super fast, next day itself. Tried it. Didn't feel good and also looked similar to one is already have. Tried to return but to my horror, the return was disabled for this product.

Waited for 24 hours as suggested by their customer support but still return was ineligible. Called customer care again. The guy said since the jeans was on sale, i won't be able to return. However, when i checked the product page, it was clearly mentioned that it is eligible for 15 day return. Told the same to the CS rep, but he says the jeans was on sale but now its not on sale so it is eligible for return. Strange!

I remember there was nothing mentioned when i bought saying the product is not eligible for return. Confirmed if the other jeans was eligible for return or not. Thankfully he said it is eligible but i am temped to cancel it.
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:18   #6329
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprisingly, it looks as though Amazon is having issues with handling the website traffic of its summer sale. Within an hour of the sale going live, I encountered this page on the website.

The Online Shopping Thread-1.png

More surprisingly, I was trying to order a can of Shell's 15W50 engine oil (second from left in the top row) for which the listed price is Rs 649.

The Online Shopping Thread-2.png

However, when I click on the item, the listed price is higher at Rs 826. Definitely a disappointing experience!

The Online Shopping Thread-3.png
Old 3rd May 2019, 15:27   #6330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
... ... ... More surprisingly, I was trying to order a can of Shell's 15W50 engine oil (second from left in the top row) for which the listed price is Rs 649.
... ... ...
However, when I click on the item, the listed price is higher at Rs 826. Definitely a disappointing experience!
I have found this several times, that some price that I see on Amazon's front page is not at all the price on the product page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks