Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 18:17   #1246
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What does second try mean? How many days did the delivery take after order placement?
Last time around they had cancelled my order. This time I had to email them that I require this phone only for testing purposes and I know that they do not guarantee whether it will work in India or not. After which they shipped it. Total time from order placement to delivery took around 10 days which is pretty good considering that the product is coming directly from the US of A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Thats an excellent phone and deal. Pardon my lack of knowledge - what is I2C?
This is a CDMA phone and will NOT work on any GSM network. I have bought it for use with Reliance CDMA network and it requires getting its MEID registered here on Reliance network and some basic network related programming which many people are doing for a small fee of around 500 bucks to 1k. I have got all that done free of cost, of course, due to my contacts. But this phone is not for everybody. I2C is direct supplier of Ebay India's Global Easy Buy website whereby you pay in rupees and they are responsible for all shipping and duties etc. for products from the US. For me getting this phone at nearly half price from its GSM counterpart available through Flipkart is the biggest plus.
Old 27th March 2014, 19:06   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Snapdeal not shipping to Trivandrum?

I've been trying to purchase couple of items from snapdeal and found that they have recently stopped shippig to Trivandrum (695001, 695012). Its not just for few items or few sellers, infact i'm not able to re-buy an item which i bought just a week ago and that too from the same seller now. I contacted their customer service and their reply didn't help at all:

"With reference to your complaint for the non-delivery zone, we would like to inform you that there are certain locations where our courier partners do not provide delivery services. We are in a process to expand the serviceability so that in future this inconvenience could be minimized."

That is a big lie because all big and small courier companies have delivery services here.
Old 28th March 2014, 11:59   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Many Thanks cs_rajesh. Very lucritive. HOwever I have heard of an upcoming offer from Vijay sales on LED/LCD TV's which will give some freebee's worth 8-10K in Navaratris starting This Monday. Will wait for them & then shoot.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 28th March 2014 at 12:27.
Old 28th March 2014, 12:18   #1249
BHPian

Re: Snapdeal not shipping to Trivandrum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I've been trying to purchase couple of items from snapdeal and found that they have recently stopped shippig to Trivandrum (695001, 695012). Its not just for few items or few sellers, infact i'm not able to re-buy an item which i bought just a week ago and that too from the same seller now. I contacted their customer service and their reply didn't help at all:
It is the case with Chengannur (689520) too, no delivery to the location
Old 28th March 2014, 16:28   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Received the Moto G CDMA (Boost, USA) 8gb model from I2C today on second try at 6.7K landed,

Attachment 1223844
hi could u pls repost the link , i am also on CDMA and finding a good phone like this is very difficult .
Old 28th March 2014, 17:04   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
hi could u pls repost the link , i am also on CDMA and finding a good phone like this is very difficult .
GEB Ebay link - http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.d...d=141184309081 . I used a 7.5% ebay discount coupon to get it around 6.7K. However please be wary that it works seamlessly only on Reliance's CDMA network and that also if you have contacts to get its MEID registered on their network and do some basic network programming for EVDO/data etc. This phone is not for laymans.

Last edited by dkaile : 28th March 2014 at 17:06.
Old 28th March 2014, 20:34   #1252
BHPian

I bought some Eneloop XXs batteries from Foto Centre India. Place order March 26th at 9:30 pm. Product delivered 6pm March 28th. They're in Bombay, I'm in Bangalore. Product as advertised and packaged well.

They seem to be the only ones with the HR-3UWXB version (2nd generation) in India. Even Amazon US has only the first generation. Appears to be genuine.

Quite pleased with the whole process.
Old 31st March 2014, 09:52   #1253
BHPian

Quote:

"With reference to your complaint for the non-delivery zone, we would like to inform you that there are certain locations where our courier partners do not provide delivery services. We are in a process to expand the serviceability so that in future this inconvenience could be minimized."

That is a big lie because all big and small courier companies have delivery services here.
I had raised a complaint through their site and received a more honest / clear reply. Excerpt from the e-mail sent to me :

"This e-mail is in regards to your query for discontinuation of services in Kerala, we would like to inform you that we have discontinued the services due to Sales tax issues and Services will be resumed but will take some time. We request you to check our website at frequent intervals for the updates on services."
Old 1st April 2014, 11:50   #1254
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here faced a non delivery issue with Amazon.in due to wrong pricing of product?
Was searching for a nikon digicam and found a very good deal on Amazon yesterday. While Ebay & Flipkart were retailing at 9.9K, This seller or Amazon had priced it at 6.5K.

I placed the order yesterday and got the confirmation mail from Amazon. Today i checked the price of the same product on Amazon and it has been revised to 9.9K. I have this sinking feeling that Amazon/Seller is not going to ship the product.

Anyone have a similar experience??
Old 1st April 2014, 12:20   #1255
BHPian

re: Snapdeal.com to sell Bullet-proof Kits for the Scorpio

Not Directly related to Mahindra but an eye opener about snapdeal.com i came about recently.

http://www.designandpeople.org/projects/slapdeals.html

A small quote from the article

"THE recent edition of Forbes India magazine stated — "Flexibility and nimbleness have marked rapid growth of Snapdeal.com in online trade". Design & People investigates if there is a 'third factor' that contributes to the massive financial growth of Snapdeal.com, a portal which began its entrepreneurial journey only two thousand days ago.

Design & People was recently approached by two young online buyers to explain how they were cheated of their hard-earned money by New Delhi-based Snapdeal.com. When we explained about how a business model which has a customer base of 20 million could make 'few errors with deliveries', we were asked to do a simple Google search for the words "Snapdeal Fraud". The results were astonishing and even shocking! Snapdeal.com invites millions of complaints and abuses by its own customers who were cheated by this 'award-winning' shopping portal. You may try this yourself to find out what Snapdeal.com does to its first-time customers in order to meet the sales target of US$1 billion by the end of 2015 — as predicted by its Wharton Business School-educated CEO."

Note: Please move the article if it is not in the right thread.

Last edited by EasyR1der : 1st April 2014 at 12:24.
Old 1st April 2014, 12:34   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone here faced a non delivery issue with Amazon.in due to wrong pricing of product?
Was searching for a nikon digicam and found a very good deal on Amazon yesterday. While Ebay & Flipkart were retailing at 9.9K, This seller or Amazon had priced it at 6.5K.

I placed the order yesterday and got the confirmation mail from Amazon. Today i checked the price of the same product on Amazon and it has been revised to 9.9K. I have this sinking feeling that Amazon/Seller is not going to ship the product.

There are cases where the pricing is indeed lower and they ship the product. I had got a memory card in this fashion earlier. I suggest you to wait and watch. Good luck
Old 1st April 2014, 12:47   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Send them a mail. A friend purchased headphones for 600 (was costing 900 on other sites) and the next day they cancelled the order and jacked up the price to 900. He sent a mail to Amazon and they told him to book it again and paid him the difference. Looking at this response, he is an Amazon loyalist now.
Old 1st April 2014, 12:51   #1258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
There are cases where the pricing is indeed lower and they ship the product. I had got a memory card in this fashion earlier. I suggest you to wait and watch. Good luck
Thanks Null. Will wait and watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Send them a mail.
They haven't cancelled the order. Will wait for them to do the same before I email Amazon.in
Old 1st April 2014, 12:58   #1259
BHPian

Flipkart has stopped COD services to Kerala

Just checked with Flipkart. They have stopped COD services to Kerala. In their words:

"Blue-Dart couriers have withdrawn the Delivery & Reverse Pickup Service for Kerala & Thane Region. We are checking on the alternate available service for the existing orders"

I am assuming Snapdeal & Flipkart have gone this way due to Kerala Sales Tax Offices hounding them.
Old 1st April 2014, 13:02   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got a reply from them reg this issue:

"This email is in regards to your query for discontinuation of services in Kerela, we would like to inform you that we have discontinued the services due to Sales tax issues and the services will be resumed but will take some time. we request you to check our website at frequent intervals for the updates on services

We request you to bear with us in the interim

In future if we restart with the services, will inform you for the same."

Really sad, they had best prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks