Laptop / Mac Book 236 64.84%
Tablet / iPad 29 7.97%
Smartphone 106 29.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 11:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your preferred device to browse, surf and work

Just voted for the desktop and smartphone combo. It started with the desktop and continues strong with it. The appended smartphone minutes, go to supplement the main desktop time, that I usually reserve for teambhp.

Believe there's nothing to beat a big screen desktop, which is the best, but find its popularity waning at sl.no.3, after laptop/Macbook. That's in keeping with the times when many compulsions have made use of the smaller devices convenient and necessary.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:29   #17
BHPian

i think by error i may have selected the iMac option. i primarily use a MacBook for all purposes including online shopping.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:52   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Am a total desktop guy. Have a docking port which converts my laptop to a desktop. Over & above, I need my dual screens to work productively.

I H-A-T-E typing on my smartphone. 99% of my WhatsApp messages are composed on https://web.whatsapp.com/.

Your preferred device to browse, surf and work-20200709-11.49.54.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:25   #19
BANNED

90% of all posts on the forum happen using Chrome through the smartphone. Very convenient and easy to use. Feels much better than the Tapatalk version of the forum. For thread creation or any kind of long posts sporting many images, I use my laptop.

Rest all of the browsing/reading happen on my smartphone itself. Hardly have any use of the laptop and also the other reason being it has become too slow and buggy plus a dead battery, so just don't feel like using the laptop.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am a total desktop guy. Have a docking port which converts my laptop to a desktop. Over & above, I need my dual screens to work productively.
Count me too
Your preferred device to browse, surf and work-03.jpg

Hardly I use my phone for surfing or watching movies. Regular browsing and office works happen with 26" screen.
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:59   #21
BHPian

I use the laptop for all my purposes when I am at home, be it browsing Team-BHP/YouTube/Reddit, using Whatsapp or even taking phone calls.

One of the major USPs I personally find of the Apple Ecosystem is that I can both take and make calls from my Macbook for the mobile connection on my iPhone.

For reading purposes I use the iPad / laptop depending on whether I have to make notes on it or not..
sharktale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 13:54   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thought some of you might be interested in seeing this. Here is the year-to-date mobile vs desktop vs tablet traffic of Team-BHP. In India, mobile rules

Name:  Annotation 20200710 135326.png
Views: 648
Size:  51.2 KB
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 13:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

So, the 'preferred device' is nothing do with the actual happenings then. 😊. I do prefer the laptop, easier if I need to reply or even quote or edit. I definitely use my mobile for more than 90% of my time on tbhp, but my 'preference' is a laptop.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 19:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

I use a Desktop, office Laptop, mobile and tab. I think most of my usage should be the phone. But preferred - Desktop. It cannot be beat for the separate keyboard and mouse and the large display.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 21:18   #25
BHPian

Desktop at office and smartphone at home is the norm. Bought a laptop only last month.

For Team-bhp I love browsing on the mobile, but posting is on desktop unless I dont have access to one.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:12   #26
BHPian

My primary browsing device is my smartphone itself. Even though I have 2 laptops I rarely use it for browsing, instead I prefer my Office desktop whenever possible. I am a fan of old school desktop arrangement over laptop.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

I use my MacBook Pro for reading as its stress free. Other devices make my eyes itch/water. I also like my fonts big to read. With multiple tabs open, I do get a few things done at the same time. (The other laptop, the mi, belongs to my kid and I'm not allowed to touch that)
Attached Thumbnails
Your preferred device to browse, surf and work-img_2471.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:44   #28
Team-BHP Support

I don't have a desktop or tablet though have been planning build a good desktop for a long time, maybe will do once I go back to India. I have a six year old Lenovo laptop and a 1.5 year old Macbook pro. I mostly browse on the Macbook and play AOE2 on the Lenovo. For work I have a Macbook pro given by office. I browse on the smartphone as well, but it is mostly used for Whatsapp, Slack, Teams, Instagram etc.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:54   #29
BHPian

My usage changed from Macbook to Desktop due to the present situation. Both the Macbook and a Laptop have been re-appropriated by my children for their online classes. I'm now back to my trusted desktop.

Personally, I prefer a larger screen as it's easier on the eyes. My usage of the smartphone is restricted to mobile banking and occasional browsing when i'm away from my desktop.
Zen Av8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 12:09   #30
BHPian

I use a mix of all, even though am primarily a big fan of the desktop. 99.9% of the time, TBHP browsing is on my desktop. I use my MacBook for regular personal usage. My work laptop is a Dell which I used sparsely outside of work. Mobile browsing a strict NO for me, I like to browse on big screens. For reading, I use a Kindle. Reading on anything else attracts a lot of stress on my eyes. A mobile device (iPhone 8 plus) is used only for casual texting and clicks.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks