Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life

Three of the four things in this picture were purchased in the past year.

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-2c3baad71b9e47afb65cf0912372aad7.jpeg

I find wires annoying in general, and prefer clean looks. The 3-in-1 Belkin wireless charger and the airpods made my life much more convenient.

Also the Apple Watch meant I did not have to depend on fitness tracking apps like Strava anymore.

I got a magsafe case for my phone also to go with this set up. And I am glad I made this investment.
Viju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Can i ask where you bought that chair from? Thanks.
This was bought from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07ZKS8TMX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Wasn't aware this chair is available in India. Mind telling me the cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
1) My Herman Miller Miira2 Chair (we actually bought two of them), which helped keep my back in good shape during work from home[/ATTACH]
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:08   #94
BHPian

Water pump controller
Every morning my maid used to turn on the water pump and later forget to turn it off. This cause of lot of water wasteage.
I installed a semi automatic comtroller, which will automatically turn off the pump once overhead tank is full.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-img20220122wa0000.jpg

The same problem, we do have lot of flood lights in our farm. Its a lengthy task to turn them off every morning.

Photo cell light sensor
I installed a day and light sensor, and no tension at all. Its working fine from last 1.5 years. No maintenance required.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-img20220122wa0001.jpg
dicor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:41   #95
BHPian

I switched to the SuperFan X1 BLDC fan back in 2012 when they launched( Saw the ad here on the forum ) and been reaping the benefits of power savings tremendously. We have 2 SuperFan X1's & 2 Atomberg Renesa's in the house now and I get to brag about my monthly bills to nosy neighbours and society people! Just recently the older X1 went kaput. Had to replace the old motherboard with new one. Cost me 1k. Purchased it for 3k a decade ago. Paisa vasool! Just that Superfans Mumbai services are terribly slow. Atomberg does better although it comes with just 3 yr warranty compared to SuperFans 5 yr one.

Owing to my allergy and sinus issues I made a conscious decision to switch to plant based laundry detergents like Born Good, ProFab, The Better Home etc. Never realised off the shelf products were actually causing me nasal trouble & damaging the environment & our washing machine in the process! Have had a smashing experience with them and if anyone needs a flat Rs. 250 off on Born Good products, dm me anytime. Been also trying SLS free hand washes from BubblenutWash, Earthe, Pure Cult & Herb Sense. Something we are using daily I wanted to eliminate products damaging the hands on a daily basis. These things have turned out great. Pick them during sales for more benefits.

I also got myself a KeySmart to organise my keys. They also offer a neat bottle opener, multi tools and other every day carry stuff. Eliminated the annoying key jingle once and for all. I have 2 sets and they are plain awesome. Again if anyone wants to buy I have a code for another generous discount.

And purchased the last Intel 16" MacBook Pro top end in 2020. Love the screen real estate, battery life and overall UX which Apple brings in.

Will share more later. Cheers yall!

Last edited by coolmel : 22nd January 2022 at 14:43.
coolmel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 15:59   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Owing to my allergy and sinus issues I made a conscious decision to switch to plant based laundry detergents like Born Good, ProFab, The Better Home etc. Never realised off the shelf products were actually causing me nasal trouble & damaging the environment & our washing machine in the process! Have had a smashing experience with them and if anyone needs a flat Rs. 250 off on Born Good products, dm me anytime. Been also trying SLS free hand washes from BubblenutWash, Earthe, Pure Cult & Herb Sense.
I also got myself a KeySmart to organise my keys.
Very cool, can you share the links of the specific products from each brand that you’ve found most useful? The flat 250 off sounds good, too.
prasi55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

Solved a couple of problems of late :

1. JioExtender : Link
Had a lot of issues with WiFi coverage at the far end of the house which has the computer and TV, tried 3rd party extenders but the connection wasn't seamless and the speed drop was perceptible for my JioFiber 30Mbps line.
Figured the solution would have to be a mesh based system but that seemed an overkill for my usage and suddenly stumbled across JioExtender which is mesh based and supported my router. Ordered online for 2499, just a one time LAN setup and my problem is solved. Seamless connectivity and no perceptible speed drop.

2. Stanley Tyre Pressure Gauge : Link
Had multiple issues with the tyre pressure gauges at the nearby fuel pumps and tyre repair shops reporting weird and different values to the extent that I started to lose the "feel" whether the tyre pressure was under/over inflated.
I ordered a Lyrovo analog gauge which reported 12-15 PSI regardless of the actual pressure, returned it and decided to go with digital and preferred Stanley with the hope that warranty will be seamless than the Chinese stuff retailing for 2-300 less but I am assuming are essentially the same product.
Got it for 900 went straight to my usual tyre shop guy matched the pressures and I still have a feeling that his gauge misreports/gets stuck sometimes.
But now I don't have to worry about cold tyre pressures, I can measure as cold as cold as I want.
It does take some practice though, I ended up losing almost all pressure in my scooter's tyre while practicing

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd January 2022 at 00:53. Reason: As requested
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:59   #98
BHPian

Being in IT industry, the WFH setup become very important after the lockdown. Most of my recent purchases are around this.

1. Addition to Laptop & Headphone: Dell 21" monitor, External Keyboard, Wireless mouse, Lenova WebCam, FiFine Microphone, AudioEngine A2+ Speakers
2. Featherlite chair and Wooden Food Rest
3. Considering the additional free time (saving from office commute), upgraded my room with Samsung Frame TV, Naim XS2 amp, Wharf Evo 4.2 speakers, Schiit DAC, Servo stabilizer
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 17:27   #99
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Water pump controller
Every morning my maid used to turn on the water pump and later forget to turn it off. This cause of lot of water wasteage.
I installed a semi automatic comtroller, which will automatically turn off the pump once overhead tank is full.
Attachment 2263503

Looking for something like this. Is there a link for what you have bought ?

The same problem, we do have lot of flood lights in our farm. Its a lengthy task to turn them off every morning.

Photo cell light sensor
I installed a day and light sensor, and no tension at all. Its working fine from last 1.5 years. No maintenance required.
Attachment 2263502
Same for this one but need something which will automatically start when the sun goes down and switch off when the sun is up.
Old 22nd January 2022, 17:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Same for this one but need something which will automatically start when the sun goes down and switch off when the sun is up.
Connect it to a smart plug and schedule it through an app on your phone ?

Like this one : Amazon : Wipro Smart Socket
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 18:34   #101
BHPian

A really good thread. I have already found out many to be included in my wish list. My recently purchased gadgets which can be a part of this thread are:

1. Most recently I got Kindle paperwhite from Amazon in the recent Republic Day sale. I must say this has been a really good purchase and it does not give me headache after 30 minutes of reading as opposed to reading on my iPad.

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-c2c58685fdb840528e8e9aaa66a3b79c.jpeg

2. Every time I felt the tyre had less air pressure and when I went to Petrol Pump to get the air pressure checked, most of the time it would be fine. I got Sensairy internal TPMS to monitor the air pressure, this comes in handy especially when on a long drive.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NNVSQQD/...7J8JGN7S?psc=1

3. Next I got portable air pump just to have peace of mind and it is so comfortable to fill air at any time.

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/r!qdhtNNNN
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:49   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
Thank you for your courtesy. However, the product in the link looks shorter (backrest) then what you have posted. And colour options don't seem to be there though mentioned.

Hope inadvertently you have not posted the wrong product/link?
Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2022, 20:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
That's what it does. Or am I missing something?

Well if you meant inverse of this, than you can buy a smart plug.
Old 22nd January 2022, 21:39   #104
Senior - BHPian

Some stuff over the lockdown that we bought, immensely useful though.

1. AirPods for my iPhone and for those endless teams calls on the laptop. I find it very useful. I can walk around and do calls

2. MI robot. Does a clean sweep and mop job. Set for specific days of the week

3. A nice ergonomic chair

4. Netflix, SonyLIV, ZEE5 subscriptions

5. Lots of books, have hoarded a couple. Need to pull them out and finish. Item 4 above is preventing me big time.

I find the deep tissue percussion massage gun will be useful. What brand would people using this recommend? I find a few in Amazon and would love to buy one.
Old 22nd January 2022, 22:26   #105
BHPian

The No.1 product that was immensely helpful during these corona times was the ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8 2-in-1 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. I brought it in May 2021, a full year after the lockdown started. I wished I had brought it earlier when lockdown started in 2020. It would have saved those back-breaking efforts for 1 year
Name:  Deebot.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  46.4 KB

There are other things that I have found useful:
1. Apple compact wireless keyboard: In the last 25 years, I have used many keyboards & none fit my ergonomic requirement like this one. I was looking for a compact keyboard and all the keyboards that I tried had tried to either reduce the size of the keys or reduce the space between the keys to make it compact. This one has the size & space same as a regular full keyboard but without the Numpad thus making it compact. I brought it in 2013 for 4k and using it daily since then; being an IT professional I have to do a lot of typing so this is a boon.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-applewirelesskeyboardaluminum2007.jpg

2. I am using a 23 inch LG external monitor since 2016. I had kept it on my working desk using the regular fixed stand that came with it. After watching a lot of WFH setup videos, I realized that a lot of space can be freed up on the desk if the monitor is mounted and it gives the flexibility of moving the monitor around easily. I brought AmazonBasics Monitor Stand, Height Adjustable Arm Mount- Steel for 2k. It's a steal at this price for what it offers; branded one costs multiple times this one. I am using it for 8 months & I am very happy with it.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-amazonbasicmonitorarm.jpg

3. Jabra Elite 45h Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones with Mic: Before I brought this I had in-ear type Bose earphones & Samsung Galaxy buds. While they all function very well, my ears started to itch during the long office meetings. I did some basic research & found out that on-ear type headphones are the best for long calls. This one has great reviews on amazon so brought it. The sound quality is great & I never had anybody complaining about my voice during office meetings/calls. I brought it for 4.5k and now the prices are jacked up to 9k on amazon.in.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-jabra.jpg

4. Laprite Aluminum Headphone Hanger, Link Dream Gaming Headset Headphone Hook Holder Hanger: My work desk was getting cluttered with headphones, mobile, notepads, cables, other gadgets, etc. I fixed this under my work desk and tuck my 2 headphones, one wireless for office call & other wired for music, on this.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-lapriteholder.jpg

5. Wire Clips Cable Protector: Any WFH setup would have lots of wires dangling around. These cable clips help tie them up & make your setup look neat.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-cableclip.jpg
amit1agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks