Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 18:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life

While I'm generally automation and technology sceptic, I bought a smart wifi remote. This thing connects to wifi and controls my AC (among other things). Plus a smart tube light and fan controller and a nest Audio. Now no need to hunt for the fan switch or AC remote in the middle of the night, i can just say it and it will be done, turning on/off the light, dimming, shade of white, speed of fan, temperature. Music.Name:  download 10.jpeg
Views: 575
Size:  5.9 KB

Name:  download 3.jpeg
Views: 556
Size:  13.3 KB

Name:  download 2.jpeg
Views: 562
Size:  5.1 KB

Name:  images 28.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  3.9 KB
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:41   #62

We got a Panasonic OTG during the first lockdown, and this has been a boon. We have used it to bake cakes, muffins, breads, make cookies, pizzas and grill vegetables. We even used it as an alternate to frying stuff like pakodas.

This device has totally helped satisfy some food cravings during the lockdowns
germin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoybnair View Post
My picks would be:
1. Inverter bulb: Needed some kind of lighting solution to manage the intermittent short duration power cuts in our area especially during nighttime. Installing an inverter and the wiring would have been an overkill. Halonix had an answer: The inverter bulb. Rs. 400/- per bulb and nearly 4 hours backup. An elegant solution to an irritating problem.
Attachment 2262901
Hi, thanks for telling us about this gadget. It is really useful in placing facing short duration power cuts.

One innocent query: If I switch off the bulb, doesn't it still glow, thinking that there is power failure?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:57   #64
BHPian

1. Bought this chair when WFH started. It costed me 9K, but definitely worth the investment. Not feeling tired even after spending long hours at work.
Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-chair.jpeg

2.Jio 4G SIM - helped getting good signal even in remote areas. A real boon in WFH

3. Router UPS - Very much portable and easy to install. Gives 3+ hours of backup. Has been using for more than one year.
Name:  routerups.png
Views: 563
Size:  155.8 KB
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:21   #65
BHPian

A good thread indeed. Gives an idea of how gadgets bought by members are benefiting them and to what extent they can benefit the other members. Here are the items from my side.

1. Samsung 27 inch monitor. Really a saver for me in WFH. I connect my office and personal laptop to the same and switch between the two as per need.

2. FOVERA Orthopedic Lumbar Support Memory Foam Cushion - Designed for Back Pain Relief- Ideal Back Pillow for Computer/Office Chair (BLACK). Again a saver in WFH. Total value for money.

3. Logitech K480 Wireless Multi-Device Keyboard for Windows, Apple iOS android or Chrome, Wireless Bluetooth, Compact Space-Saving Design, PC/Mac/Laptop/Smartphone/Tablet- Black. Again can connect to my office laptop or personal laptop or my phone with the turn of a switch.
Attached Images

sunbaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:47   #66
BHPian

Few products that improved my life are

1. Viaterra Handle bar riser for my Dominar - even though its an inch it did wonders to my ride, ride on the Dominar was pretty relaxed in the first place with the addition of the riser it's much more relaxed now

2. A thousand rupee electric chopper from flipkart- chopping veggies is much easier and faster now.

3. Memory foam neck rest for our Nexon - This one was bought from AliExpress couple of years ago. Much bigger than normal namesake headrests and does a good job in decreasing the stress on neck and head

4. A soda maker - bought a Mr butler soda maker under 3000 - we used to buy a lot of soda and the plastic bottles were always and issue ,might take some time to break even but at least it's better for the environment.
JJ1991 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:59   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

For my post lock down life, it’s these things more than anything else:

1) My Herman Miller Miira2 Chair (we actually bought two of them), which helped keep my back in good shape during work from home

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-470812a2ec8b4cf9a6817d3511590737.jpeg

2) My Orbi Mesh Network system - which ensures seamless Wifi access at 200MBPS everywhere in the house

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-17b00ec8b53f453fa8510a4af96d3b74.jpeg

3) My iPad Pro and Bose Headset- for all those endless Zoom and Webex calls

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-fad3c689cef348249931f51a59e6ef6c.jpeg

4) My HP Spectre Laptop - light, long battery life, enables me to work from any nook of the house

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-d2eee19429ac4a7f9222b7a551e6c291.jpeg
Hayek is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close when I think of a gadget that has improved my life in the last 2+ years, to this.

This is a deep tissue percussion massage gun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Thanks. Didn't know about it, immediately ordered it after seeing your post
I too ordered it after seeing the post. I had seen videos of these on youtube but didn't know it was available in India at a very affordable price. Saved a couple of 100 thanks to the ongoing Amazon sale. @GrandTourer you should ask the manufacturer for a commission
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:36   #69

Two plus years of work from home has given me enough time to fine tune this list:
1) Manual analog alarm clock- For the 5 am buzz (I am not a fan of having my phone on my bed side or using my phone as alarm clock the whatsapp and office mail notifications are a distraction first thing in the morning)
2) Skipping Rope, Yoga Mat and Badminton Racket to break a sweat I use them based on what I can do within my state based on restrictions.
3) Wifi-Router UPS for uninterrupted internet enough said.
4) Wireless Keyboard and Mouse helps me work in a very relaxed yet straight back pose all day.
5) Books from Used book websites to keep my reading going (Am a bit old school and love the touch and feel of a book)
Few things which don’t qualify as products but did improve my life are:
1) My pet dog (a real stress buster)
2) My experience with gardening
3) My thumb rule of staying away from screens (mobile, laptop and what not) the first two and last two hours of the day. [ I still need to get better at this though]
PradoGdr88 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:42   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I too ordered it after seeing the post.....

@GrandTourer you should ask the manufacturer for a commission

I should seriously consider this, as I have influenced at least 5 purchases apart from me that I know off.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:31   #71
BHPian

Nice thread! I've added a few things to my list

I'm working full-time from home (even before the pandemic), but I didn't had a proper work-from-home setup. I was simply working from wherever I sat, a chair, a sofa, or even from the bed. And that gave me a lot of problems like neck pain, back pain, etc.

So I got a laptop stand, a keyboard (Keychron K2), a mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 3) and a better chair (Featherlite Versa High Back) and that really helped.

Recently purchased Products or Gadgets that helped you improve your life-img_5177.jpg

PS: The Team-bhp thread (Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support) helped me to select the chair.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 23:00   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post

I should seriously consider this, as I have influenced at least 5 purchases apart from me that I know off.
You can add me to the list. Ordered today after reading your post.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 00:44   #73
BHPian

*Bought this chair when WFH started.*

Can you share the brand, where to get it etc.?

Sorry about not quoting the post correctly, can’t get to delete it either.

Last edited by nandadevieast : 21st January 2022 at 00:46.
Old 21st January 2022, 06:42   #74
BANNED

I bought a power rack and added a few rods and plates recently. This had helped me workout at any time I choose to without being worried about gym being open. The investment had got paid back in what was saved in the gym membership costs. The frame had encouraged me to try weights without spotter. I could stretch the rest period and listen to music lying on the bench as long as I want to. The freedom to choose whatever 'gymwear' I want had been addictive too.

Link
Old 21st January 2022, 09:53   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi, thanks for telling us about this gadget. It is really useful in placing facing short duration power cuts.

One innocent query: If I switch off the bulb, doesn't it still glow, thinking that there is power failure?
The bulb turns off only when you turn the switch off. Even if the power supply goes off in between. It might be checking for continuity to remain on. I haven't tried it but their documentation says that the bulb will turn on if it comes in contact with metal or water.
binoybnair is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks