Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 10:48   #1
BHPian

Home Security Systems

I need to get an Electronic security system installed that has intrusion detection, fire and gas leak detection for an independent house in the NCR region.
If you have experience in this area, need fundas on --
1) Which are the good companies that do such installations in NCR?
a) What has been your experience with these companies?
b) Any particular product or company that you would recommend?
c) Any rough estimates on the cost of getting an intrusion system with vibration sensors, motion sensors and fire & gas leak detectors for a house of roughly 6000 sqft?

2) Generally is there a warranty or an AMC attached to these products?

3) Who does the wiring and cabling?

4) Any other related fundas that you would like to share.

Thanks!
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:46   #2

Hi,
I have installed electronic security system at my residence. Bought it from Eureka Forbes. Costed me 8.5k. It opens front doors remotely after checking through a monitor which displays whoever is at the front door. Ihave three monitors at suitable locations sothat it can be operated from anyone of them. You can also speak to the person with the help of the intercom available at each monitor. The cost includes electrical wiring.
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:26   #3
LLL
BHPian

Will appreciate if you can pm me the info as well. Just had a really bad experience with eunuchs.

I made the mistake of opening the front door and rest you can imagine.
Old 24th July 2007, 10:57   #4
BHPian

Will update this tread once i have finalized. I have spoken to a couple of firms already -- Gennxt, Tyco/ADT, Zicom and a few local ones.
Based on Harindra's input am talking to Eureka Forbes as well.
Old 24th July 2007, 21:10   #5
BHPian

SauterRace India - Integrated Building management system,Energy controls,HVAC,Climate, Security,CCTV - Home - try this.....
Old 25th July 2007, 17:00   #6
BHPian

Group 4

You coudl also conatct Group 4, they have a division which provides electronic security products, theri numbers are 0124-2398888.
Old 25th July 2007, 17:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
You coudl also conatct Group 4, they have a division which provides electronic security products, theri numbers are 0124-2398888.
Thanks.
Do they have a web site as well?
Old 25th July 2007, 19:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Zicom has been advertising rather aggresively in the last few week's/months.

What i suggest you can do is compare the features and prices of all those in the market and go for the one which offers best VFM.

Do post a review of the product and its features with price and other info for the benefit of others.
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:24   #9
BHPian

The update on this front for all interested is as follows--

1) Zicom and Eureka Forbes guys did not furnish a quotation even after repeated reminders. Hence they went out of reckoning.
2) ADT, Tyco and few other known brands were found to be atleast 70% more expensive than some of the other bidders (below).
3) Shortlisted the following firms -- Gennxt and Securtech Systems.
4) Based on the type of sensors offered to secure the house and the features supported by the control panel, i have finally shortlisted Gennxt -- [COLOR=#008000]www.gennxt.co.in [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]and work will commence shortly.[/COLOR]

Will update you on the post installation aspects after a few weeks.
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:13   #10
BHPian

Why dont you try honeywell, they are best in the business and they have an great range of products.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:08   #11
BHPian

Home/Office Security Systems

With the kind of horror stories you read in the newspaper, I went in for Zicom Home/Office Security System. The unit comes with a control panel,a hooter, 2 PIR sensors, one door sensor and 2 remote controls which look like our car remotes.

It works ok. The hooter sound is not that audible outside after a few feet. The advantage is the system uses RF to communicate with the control panel thus obviating the need for manually running wires.

But the major crib is - the control panel lacks connectivity. I would prefer something which can be connected to a server so that I can monitor the status from anywhere. My office is rigged with a camera connected to the server, so that anyone with authorization can view the reception area of the office regardless of their location.

Any ideas about connecting this control panel to a server ?
What is the view on security systems ?
Old 4th November 2009, 14:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Did you try Honeywell / Johnson etc before jumping into the Zicom bandwagon?

AS far as I know, Honeywell has server style architecture (I know this because I have supplied those systems sometimes to large plants), which allows you to store everything on central database, and view it from any PC connected to this database.

Last edited by alpha1 : 4th November 2009 at 14:27.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:58   #13
BHPian

No. I didn't try any of them. The documentation which comes with Zicom is sketchy. It doesn't even tell you how to view any events.

I have tried contacting their support to no avail.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am sure though, that Zicom would be offereing some storage server.
Otherwise they would be out of market in large customer market - where there arehundreds of cameras and smoke detectors.

PS: And I also believe that the price of this server with its software would be more than the system you have installed.

Last edited by alpha1 : 9th November 2009 at 11:31.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:04   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline View Post
Why dont you try honeywell, they are best in the business and they have an great range of products.
Honeywell may be best in business in some country. But in India they are pathetic. Their engineers don't even know how to install or troubleshoot. Their system installed in our apartment building in Bangalore has never worked since installation. It has been a sore point between the resident's association and Purvankara Builders since 2003. Honeywell is a joke in our apartment complex.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks