Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-13.html)

Digital Still - Sony W5, a 5mp camera with Carl Zeiss Lens!! Great clarity and functions for an ametuer to play with!!

Video Cam - Again a Sony DCR-TRV19E, a mini DV handycam with Carl Ziess lens!! Compact and loaded with lots of functions!!

Analog Still - Olympus A 300, broughtaround 15 years back!! Amazing camera with motorised zoom, remote and stuffs like that. Too much of functions to play with for a right guy! Still it is hot!! Looks like a digital camera!!

Hi,

I hardly use a camera but when it comes to taking pictures whenever needed I use My n70 2 MP which is ok for normal use .

:)

Canon EOS 350D with the kit lens, couple of filters, and a velbon tripod

just got a D70s with normal and a telephoto lens...

Still: Sony P200
Video: Sony DVD805E

Did anybody here buy the new D80 or 400D?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Did anybody here buy the new D80 or 400D?

hmm hunting for excuses to buy your second DSLR? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
hmm hunting for excuses to buy your second DSLR? :D

No way! Collecting lenses for one family is tough enough, how can I maintain two families. I have already spent close to $2000 on olympus lenses.

My kit

Nikon N 55 SLR film camera

Nikon 25- 80mm Af lens

Nikon 70 - 300mm Af lens

Tamron matching teleconvertes ( 1.4X , 2X )

Set of Matching filters - 8 no.s

Tripod

Nikon Speedlight Flash

hello, i have just added a 70-200 F4L to my lens arsenal. I will be getting it today evening... its a highly rated lens for its sharpness & contrast...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
hello, i have just added a 70-200 F4L to my lens arsenal. I will be getting it today evening... its a highly rated lens for its sharpness & contrast...

Damn! I want to strangle you.

Quote:

Darn! Ok, now I may get very serious about this one. Look at customer comment number two.

Quote:

What if he had said F/2.8L IS instead?lol:

Quote:

common tsk, if you want to strangle me, then what would you do to a man who owns canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L,canon 400mm F5.6 L,canon 50mm f 1.4, canon 20mm f 2.8 ( to name a few) to complement a CANON 1D MKII and CANON 1V.;)

Quote:

common tsk, if you want to strangle me, then what would you do to a man who owns canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L,canon 400mm F5.6 L,canon 50mm f 1.4, canon 20mm f 2.8 ( to name a few) to complement a CANON 1D MKII and CANON 1V.;)

I will drown him in whisky and steal all the gear :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Darn! Ok, now I may get very serious about this one. Look at customer comment number two.

Samurai, i did an extensive research on canon 70-200 f4L hereand was very pleased with the overall rating.I also checked various other resources like dpreview.com, thedigitalpicture.com,amazon.com,photoxone.de to ensure that i am buying the right lens.

Lens you are looking seems to be damn good for the price. It beats canon in terms of speed and range (and in terms of sharpness),but since there are only three reviews, i would suggest you to do further research before taking the plunge. you can start here

all the best.

regards
tifosi.