Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-16.html)

I have Nikon S6: 6.0 Megapixels, 3X optical Zoom and 3inch Screen. Bought it from Alpha for 13K.

RsJ: i'm more or less convinced bout the S3, will try to pick it up over the weekend, after confirming the prices from a few more dealers.

check out this link for a S3IS Web manual

and also this review @ luminous-landscape.com

aza,then do have a look at jjmehta's offers.They r selling it for 25500 but with 256,512,1gb and 2gb SD card,combo price is 25500,26350,26750,27500 and 28500 res'ly with B&W for 2yrs which is quite less which u mentioned.

http://www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/can...al_pricing.htm

good luck and do post ur experiences with S3...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa
RSJ: I checked on the Canon india site. S3IS with bill/warranty = Rs. 27,995
also a few days back we had got a full 2 page sony product brochure in the newspaper in that the H5 with 3yr warranty and bill was Rs. 29,995 Sony has a interest free EMI scheme on too.

I've used Canon's USM lenses before they are practically silent during zooming. This is very important during macros (insects etc) and also while shooting animals/birds. Also since u are interested in video too S3 can zoom during video capture i dunno whether the competitors can do the same.

@Tsk : how is this site www.dcresource.com, the members are gaga over S3 in the forums there.

Good site, though reviews are not as through as dpreview. S3 is a great cam with great zoom (380mm or so). It has IS too, and costs less than the sony's.
jjmehta is indeed a good option as they sell with canon warranty. They will ship to delhi (with full insurance) and are one of the most reputable stores.

Other option is chandni chowk, you can get with bill and warranty with prices around 3000 lower than the "Canon superstores"

you could also check canon india's website for other dealers

Guys,

Facing a small problem. Whenever I am transferring the pics and videos from my Sony DSC-P100 using the provided software Picture Package and Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3 both get transferred, but only pics get deleted not video.

In Adobe they give you an option delete pivs & video from memory card. I say yes every time. Problem is the pics get deleted but the videos dont. They reapear in every transfer to the comp. ON manual delete from the camera same thing pics get deleted memory card shows empty but video still present.

Please help.

Viper

Nikon Coolpix 5900
5.1MP
3x optical zoom
It does a good job in daylight, night shots are not good though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
navin : Thats why I say IS is good. You can have slow shutter speeds without flash and yet not spoil the pic due to cam shake. IS give 2-3 stop improvement over normal handheld.

IS is good when the subject you are shooting is still. It dont help with repidly moving infants. In fact with rapidly moving infants you cant zoom much either as they will not coperate and stay in frame.

good ol trusty minolta dimage 8i , no problems so far , great picture qual and fantastic manual mode setup.

Viper : why not try deleting it using a memory card reader ?

and guys i just checked with Pritam Studios (Chandni chowk) again now he says the price for a S3 is Rs21.500. And this is without bill :(

aZa, pritam is a great dealer! Get with bill and warranty and you should get for around 24-25K. The 2 year warranty is worth it!
Other option is Palika bazaar, there also you can get with bill and warranty. I got my 350D from there. Forgot the name of the dealer. but its a big shop on top floor(the only big camera shop on first floor).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Hello Dudes of T-BHP,
I am looking for a good digital camera 5 megapixel+ any specific brand/model ?Sony or Nikon it should have very good zoom with very clear pics & video. basically want to cover my entire engine rebuild in high res pics & video and also for T-bhp meets :D . so need your opinions who have gone through different models features & pricing. my budget is between 8-12K (can increase it slightly if worthwhile) that includes memory card upgrade for more storage.

Thanks in advance
Rocam

Shortlisted following models

SONY DSC W50 6M.P 3X Opticle Zoom 2.5in LCD
Nikon Coolpix L1 6.2M.P 5x Opticle Zoom 2.5in LCD
Nikon Coolpix S6 6M.P 3x Opticle Zoom 3in LCD

any body has review on these ? any recommendation/suggestion most welcome.

try canon s2 is. 12x optical with marco down to 10cm. it was costing 16k in mumbai. worth evert penny. i bought one.
takes normal aa battery and sd cards. can put mmc also. cheap to run i ment. picture quaity is great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy
try canon s2 is. 12x optical with marco down to 10cm. it was costing 16k in mumbai. worth evert penny. i bought one.
takes normal aa battery and sd cards. can put mmc also. cheap to run i ment. picture quaity is great.

Yes, s2 is a great camera. For those who want to spend a bit more, try the latest version S3 IS - 6 MP, macro down to 0, yes 0, live histogram and excellent quality stereo video clips. Even the Sony H2 and H5 are very decent.

Sandeep and gigy could u find me the pricing for S3IS in mumbai please. Grey market pricing pls. i have the JJmehta quote but i want other shops.