Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

I am cheated by a shopwalla with his 'original' SONY brand rechargeable AA size batteries (4 in a pack). It was successfully recharged twice according to the instructions, but a 3rd recharge didnt even last 30 mts of power. Desperate 4th charging, it conked. Batteries came with the original plastic casing with the 'sony' seal (projecting letters). Going back to the shopguy with the cells looked like I was there to beg him some money. Summay: Rs.450 is gone down the drain in less than a month.

The Energizer NiCad cells which I bought from Muscat in 2004 are working as brand new. Each recharging gives almost 12 hours usage. As far as I understand, most of the cells can be recharged 1000 times. So, brand name 'SONY' is misused bigtime everywhere, be it car speakers, systems, batteries !
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:32   #77
BHPian

please buy rechargeable batteries from trustworthy source like landmark/odeyssey etc only. try to get uniross
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

I am not happy with Uniross. The battery drains fast and needs to be used in two days after charging.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:22   #79
BHPian

uniross is having a low drain battery also. they claim it can keep for a month with only 5% loss. Most NIMH batteries lose their 25% power in a single day. For someone who does not like to charge often, get low drain uniross
Old 24th October 2008, 00:37   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
...Most NIMH batteries lose their 25% power in a single day....

Are you sure of this figure?
I thought it was more like ~10% a month?

cya
R
Old 24th October 2008, 11:37   #81
BHPian

Nickel-metal hydride battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it says theoretical values of 5-10%. But mostly in indian climatic conditions it should be about 20-25% on the first day. I have a uniross set with me which i use for my xbox 360. It works for about 6 hours for continous play but will die if i keep it charged for a day or 2. if i charge and use that immediately(fortunately i have a fast charger with me again from uniross itself) it gives excellent "mileage"
Old 24th October 2008, 14:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am not happy with Uniross. The battery drains fast and needs to be used in two days after charging.
How long have you been using this battery ?

Quote:
uniross is having a low drain battery also.
Whats the model number ?

I have a pair of uniross that i use for my digicam, one recharge lasts for more than a month. They are almost a year old.
Old 25th October 2008, 10:57   #83
BHPian

its called HYBRIO batteries
Battery Logic UK - HYBRIO batteries
Old 25th October 2008, 16:42   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...it says theoretical values of 5-10%. But mostly in indian climatic conditions it should be about 20-25% on the first day....
Thanks MM,

I did not realise the "first day" discharge was more severe before it stabilzes to a lower daily/monthly dischage rate.

cya
R
Old 28th October 2008, 15:29   #85
BHPian

Guys get this

Been using all types of Rechargeable cells for long. I find this one to be truly superior, almost 0 discharge, I recharge only every 800 shots or more, that too just to be precautious. I have never seen my Eneloop batteries die so far.

Get Eneloop. Period
MillionSwords is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2008, 16:48   #86
BHPian

MS, When I saw the title of the thread, Eneloops are what came to my mind and I thought I 'll let people know about it!
There are one of the best rechargable batteries available in the market. I have never run out of charge. I just play it safe and charge them before going on a shooting spree. Another interesting thing was they came pre-charged! So, you just open the pack and go clickity-click!
Old 30th October 2008, 17:25   #87
BHPian

Anyone has come across infolithium batteries by Sony? It appears they are rechargeable, and replace two AA batteries in most Sony cybershot cameras. The advantage is that they last much longer than NiMh batteries.
Where can I get Eneloop batteries online in India?
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Chetan,

Most probably the green light means charged, and a red/orange light will indicate charging.

Its possible your batteries came pre-charged.

Use them for a while (till you are sure you have drained a significant amount of the battery) and then put them back in the charger to see if you get something other than the green light!

cya
R
after using a pair of cells in my digi camera, the cells got discharged for around 200 snaps and some videos. when i put it for recharge , i am again seeing the green light. so might be that green means charging and red means charged. will check out and let me know.

After this experience, i am thinking of buying an charger which solves this issue. idealy i would expect something which displays how much charging is pending , just like cell-phone charging type.

does anyone knows of this kinda charger?
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:00   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
Anyone has come across infolithium batteries by Sony?
I have, in the form of the battery that powers my camcorder. I have no idea if they have become available as AAs, or if they are just available in proprietary format for Sony cameras.

In my view, it is just a way of getting you to pay much more for the Sony product, because the camera detects the 'infolithium info', and refuses to function if it is not there.

---of course, it has been replicated by the cheap third-party manufacturers, but when I first tried them in my new camera I had to send back a couple because the camera would not accept them.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 3rd November 2008 at 13:02.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:04   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
MS, When I saw the title of the thread, Eneloops are what came to my mind and I thought I 'll let people know about it!
There are one of the best rechargable batteries available in the market. I have never run out of charge. I just play it safe and charge them before going on a shooting spree. Another interesting thing was they came pre-charged! So, you just open the pack and go clickity-click!
I agree. I got me a bank of 8 of them for my SLR's Flash. They are very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks