Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 21:46   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Rechargable batteries !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Thanks Jaguar for mentioning Eneloops.

Nothing particular about Energizer rechargables except that ones I had provided good battery life and so wanted to continue using them.

I called up Sanyo center in Museum Road, Bangalore only to be told that Eneloops are not provided by Sanyo now but by Panasonic. I was given Panasonic numbers and I called them but the Panasonic center in Rajajinagar asked me to go to Basaveshwaranagar Service Center. He also told me they had Panasonic rechargables but not Sanyo ones and did not mention anything else.

Are Sanyo Eneloops now sold by Panasonic? I went through all this because I do not want to end up buying fakes. Are there any stores where I can buy original ones?
Panasonic bought the sanyo battery division but the batteries are still sold under the Eneloop name.

If you can find them ,alternatively you can also buy Sony batteries http://www.sony.co.in/product/nh-aa-b2kn from Sony world centers.
Old 28th February 2013, 21:55   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Eneloop is remarkable for not going flat when left on the shelf. Because of this, they are usable straight from the packet, and quite the best thing in any device that gets only occasional use. I do not know what other makes have this same technology or similar, but I think that most do not. It puts the batteries head-and-shoulders above their competition: I don't like to buy any other kind!
Old 28th February 2013, 22:09   #108
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That Sony battery in the above link uses the same tech where it stores the charge even after a year.

I even use chinese batteries shipped from HK which perform just as good as eneloop for my RC transmitters and cost just a fraction.
Old 28th February 2013, 23:34   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you... That is really useful to know. One less thing to buy on visits to Singapore!
Old 1st March 2013, 02:04   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Thanks Jaguar for mentioning Eneloops.

Are Sanyo Eneloops now sold by Panasonic? I went through all this because I do not want to end up buying fakes. Are there any stores where I can buy original ones?
I have recently bought a whole set of 4 eneloop batteries + charger from ebay. They appear genuine.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=121043701992

You can get only batteries (2 or 4) from ebay. Check the following links:

http://goo.gl/S9Yft

http://goo.gl/76Vbo
Old 9th March 2013, 18:11   #111
BHPian

The low self-discharge rechargeable technology (Eneloop type) is several years old now. So major competitors have caught up, and have been selling equivalents for years now.

Apart from eBay, Flipkart (for example) also sell some of these, including Eneloops.
Old 9th March 2013, 18:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased a digital camera from flipkart and received as a freebie a set of 4 rechargeable NiMH batteries and fast battery charger from the brand Envie. Is this a reputed brand ? Has anyone used this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Eneloop is remarkable for not going flat when left on the shelf. Because of this, they are usable straight from the packet, and quite the best thing in any device that gets only occasional use. I do not know what other makes have this same technology or similar, but I think that most do not. It puts the batteries head-and-shoulders above their competition: I don't like to buy any other kind!
Eneloop is actually a slight variation of the regular NiMH battery. It is based on a hybrid technology. Eneloop was the first such product to hit the market, but now there are similar products available from other competitors as well. Look for the words precharged or low self discharge on the pack.

Rohan
Old 1st September 2014, 18:15   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I recently purchased a digital camera from flipkart and received as a freebie a set of 4 rechargeable NiMH batteries and fast battery charger from the brand Envie. Is this a reputed brand ? Has anyone used this ?

Eneloop is actually a slight variation of the regular NiMH battery. It is based on a hybrid technology. Eneloop was the first such product to hit the market, but now there are similar products available from other competitors as well. Look for the words precharged or low self discharge on the pack.

Rohan

Just saw this thread so thought of answering a few queries.

Envie is a comparatively new brand of batteries which is being distributed by IMS mercantiles (erstwhile distributor of Uniross in India). The product quality is decent except one or two variants. Let me know the exact specification of charger & battery capacity in case you require more info.

Eneloop by Sanyo is a pre-charged RTU (ready to use) rechargeable battery. A ready to Use battery is a battery that can retain its charge upto 80-85% for one year after the charge. The self discharge levels are very low. Other products with the same features are Uniross HYBRIO (Red Colored), Camelion AlwaysReady & Envie Infinite.

Please feel free to ask any battery related question to me. Would try and give the best possible explanation.

Regards,

Pawan

PS : MODS, please delete if deemed unnecessary bumping old thread.
Old 8th September 2014, 21:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if you guys have used Varta which is now officially available in India. While Varta the automotive battery brand belongs to Johnson Control (American partners of Amara Raja) and it has NOT been launched in India, the consumer range of Varta batteries are manufactured under licence by a German company and it has been launched here. They are pretty good, robust batteries and retain their charge for a long time.

I have also found their battery tester to be very cute. Sharing an image here. Very useful to have when you have a lot of batteries lying around and you are not sure which one has how much charge :-)

Rechargable batteries !-vartafeb132014440_6530.jpg

Most Viewed