Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 19:47   #226
BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent009 View Post
on the APC page the batteries have wierd battery capacity(Ah) specs
for UXABP48 battery pack the Battery Volt-Amp-Hour Capacity =3360(Now such a huge figure whats that??)
The number is Volts x Capacity. From the part number, it looks like a 48V battery pack. So, the capacity would be 3360/48 = 70 Ah.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:30   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent009 View Post
Thanks buddy for the headsup...

anyway I ordered a AMRON QUANTA 100AH battery(4Nos) form our fellow member whitemm550

AMRON QUANTA has 2 years replacement warranty

gave me a very good rate (31K for 4 batteries)

BTW buddy,
on the APC page the batteries have wierd battery capacity(Ah) specs
for UXABP48 battery pack the Battery Volt-Amp-Hour Capacity =3360(Now such a huge figure whats that??)
I think gopalnayak has covered off the explanation. It is VAH/V.

APC connects a 2 batteries in series (a 'string') then 2 strings in parallel to increase capacity. My 1.5KVA's external battery pack has 2 12V 9AH in series (a string of 24v) and 2 strings in parallel. Output would be 24v 18 AH. Therefore VAH would be 432.

With Amaron Quanta you should be safe. I just purchased a pair for my APC 1.5 KVA a few days back. It will be retired once the 2.2 KVA is installed.

BTW, I got my SUA2200 with integrated batteries an hour back. It weighs ~51 KGs (!!)

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2011, 11:40   #228
BHPian

My 'prime' tubular batteries after 3 odd years of use seems to be conked out. I am using this on sukam smiley 1400VA pure sine wave inverter.

I have place for inverter n batteries under the staircase and it is well ventilated and also cut off from our living room. Please advice me on selecting replacement for these batteries.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:04   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My 'prime' tubular batteries after 3 odd years of use seems to be conked out. I am using this on sukam smiley 1400VA pure sine wave inverter.

I have place for inverter n batteries under the staircase and it is well ventilated and also cut off from our living room. Please advice me on selecting replacement for these batteries.
Get Exide or Amco fully tubular. You will also get about 60 to 40 month warranty.

Was your prime battery fully tubular
Old 8th February 2011, 21:15   #230
BHPian

Guys any idea how much does an Exide Invared 500+ cost.My 3 year old battery is kaput and I need to replace it asap with this one.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:09   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Was your prime battery fully tubular
Yes, i was told that it is a tubular battery. The label says the same. But AFAIK the prime is a local bangalore brand.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:37   #232
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys any idea how much does an Exide Invared 500+ cost.My 3 year old battery is kaput and I need to replace it asap with this one.
Any particular reason for choosing the Invared? Invareds are semi tubulars. IMO its best to go for full tubular battery such as EL range or InvaTubular from exide or amco tubulars, these last for a long time, the warranty itself is close to 5 years and can last upto 6-8 years.

Last edited by IMP : 8th February 2011 at 22:40.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:17   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
Any particular reason for choosing the Invared? Invareds are semi tubulars. IMO its best to go for full tubular battery such as EL range or InvaTubular from exide or amco tubulars, these last for a long time, the warranty itself is close to 5 years and can last upto 6-8 years.
Whats the price difference between the two?
Old 9th February 2011, 13:02   #234
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Whats the price difference between the two?
Roughly tubular batteries cost 1.5 times the price of non-tubular batteries. But in turn you get a battery that lasts more than double the duration. Just keep in mind that the battery life is based upon a lot of parameters such as regular top ups, proper charging, load, power cut frequency, heat etc.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:27   #235
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
Exide website mentions Invared as tubular

.: EXIDE :. APPLICATION & PRODUCTS STAND BY
I was quoted 10800 for Invared 500 - 150 ah battery with exchange of old Amco 100 ah battery. warranty 3 years + 6 months

Ivatubular 11800 with exchange of same. warranty 3 +1 year.

Inva gold is not available
Old 9th February 2011, 16:22   #236
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Exide website mentions Invared as tubular
Even i fell for that, i have bought about 18 Invared 400 batteries uptill now, thinking of them as proper tubular batteries. But these have some cheap tubular technology that does not compare to full tubular batteries. Invareds invariably have to be replaced after about 3 years.

Never knew that Invatubular is so closely priced. I now have a suspicion that even these are not full tubular batteries, but exide distinguishes these with Torr Tubular and Ironclad tubular technology monikers, shared with the top of the line EL and EL+ range of full tubular batteries. Need to find out.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:33   #237
Senior - BHPian

Can any one suggest a power back-up / inverter for me based on the following requirements:
1. Power cut is 4 hours a day.
2. Need to run a Crompton Pedestal fan, tube light and a laptop.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:17   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Can any one suggest a power back-up / inverter for me based on the following requirements:
1. Power cut is 4 hours a day.
2. Need to run a Crompton Pedestal fan, tube light and a laptop.
Though you can get away with a 400VA inverter, I would advise you to get an 800 VA inverter with a 150 AH battery. The reason is

1. 800 VA will give you reserve power. Remember 800 VA is not 800 Watts but 800*.75 (PF) = 600 Watts.

2. The 150 AH battery will give you about 6-10 hours continuous back up. In case of frequent cuts over a short period, this ensures that the battery does not die due to limited recharge time

3. Properly looked after the above combination with your load will give you years of trouble free service.

I do not know which brands are available, but I have a Luminous inverter with Exide 150 AH battery, which is going fine for the past two years.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:57   #239
BHPian

Hello,
I got a quote for the below specs:

Sukam 1.4KVA pure sine wave inverter (SMILEY model) = 8000
Exide tubular 120Ah batteries * 2 = 13500 * 2 = 27000

Total, the dealer is quoting 34.5K (and 36K with trolley).

Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can get any other similar configuration for a better price...

Need to decide soon...
Thanks
Old 12th March 2011, 12:56   #240
BHPian

That is a nice configularion Smartindboy. What is the model of the battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks