Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 16:36   #271
BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
In fact, the APC 850 Sine wave costs 7,400 here as per APC dealers.
That i think is the MRP on the Inverter. You can definitely get it for cheaper than that. The minimum you should aim is 6500 as that is definitely do able.

Worst case scenario get a friend from Bangalore to get you the UPS and you can get it for far cheaper than the Chennai prices since it is made in Hosur. Get an exide battery locally.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:18   #272
BHPian

Quote:
I am in search of a Pure Sine wave inverter cum UPS for my apartment. I shortlisted Su-Kam 850VA (Shiny) or 800VA(Falcon). Both of these have been quoted at 6,800 from one dealer and 7,900 from another. I live in Kochi and I think the prices are on higher side compared to other places. Any one from Kochi to comment on this price?
The price range from 6000 to above, and if you are using a system there is no guarantee that your system wont restart. Do check with dealer before buying. V-guard is also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I got the following quotes from various places:

Exide 100AH SMF Rs: 5400 per piece. (I doubt if this is true, though)

Exide 100AH SMF Rs: 7800 per piece.

Exide 100AH Flat-plate Rs 7600 per piece

Exide 100AH tubular Rs 13000 per piece

The flat-plate one is NOT maintenance free, but comes with 2 years warranty. I am inclining towards that, but not able to make up my mind. Are these prices high? Anybody has got better quotes in Bangalore? Also it would be nice if somebody can suggest some good vendors in BLR.
Thanks in advance.
Do check around other exide dealers, you might get 100 ah for about 11k. Does'nt the exide 100 ah have 4 years warranty. I would go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Chipz, how you determined that it is cheap offer? Other go and purchase Inverter and battery from big showrooms and they sell in Full MRP rates. That is why they pay 15K+. If purchased from normal shops one always get discount from 20 - 45% on MRP. Also, for Bangalore there is necessity of having tubular battery always. Normal battery with ample Ah would do.

I have Sukam 850VA Sine Wave inverter + 180 Ah non tubular Amco battery for last five years. It is giving me trouble free service since then. Only I have to topup battery with distilled water every month.

Somehow, I do not trust Exide brand name anymore.
The member was looking for a sinewave inverter. Can you get a sine wave for that price. Please read the full post.
Old 5th May 2011, 22:34   #273
BHPian

Finally, after negotiations I went in for Su-Kam Shiny series 850 VA for 6,400. I called up at least 4-5 dealers in and around, this was the best I could manage. In fact, the dealer from Kottayam gave me a final quote of 7,200 So, somebody from Kottayam area, if planning to get this one, beware.
Old 5th May 2011, 22:56   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
The member was looking for a sinewave inverter. Can you get a sine wave for that price. Please read the full post.
Someone from my known got Sukam Falcon 850VA sine wave inverter for Rs. 5800 rupees.
Old 9th May 2011, 01:19   #275
BHPian

Thanks to all of you for the great inputs, went ahead and purchased my second inverter set today, Su-kam Smiley 1.4 KVA sine-wave 24 months warranty for 7.3K coupled to Exide EL 75 AH * 2 48 months warranty for 19K. Hopefully this is an OK deal, 3 hours with full load of ~1KW and mostly I would be in the region below half load.

The earlier 800 VA APC lasted close to 4.5 years on Prestolite single flat 120 AH with lot of hiccups over the last 8 months or so with inverted changed 2 times outside of warranty (paid) and battery bulging, beeps coming up incessantly every now and then and so it is bye bye APC even though I could have taken a chance with only a new battery.
Old 9th May 2011, 02:06   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Worst case scenario get a friend from Bangalore to get you the UPS and you can get it for far cheaper than the Chennai prices since it is made in Hosur. Get an exide battery locally.
I did not know APC has a facility in Hosur. I only know of Aargee in Hosur. Even if APC had a facility in Hosur, TN, how do you expect the prices to be cheaper in KA ?
Old 9th May 2011, 06:13   #277
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Time has come for me to change the battery connected to the inverter at home. Its an 8 year old inverter (Not sure what type - but definitely not a sine-wave kind !). Have had a local battery for the last five years and it has definitely handled the chennai power cuts with ease.

My needs is mostly 2 fans and a light during power cuts. Should I change the battery alone or change it along with the inverter unit ? If battery alone, what should I look for now ? Capacity to handle 8 hrs.

thanks for your suggestion guys.
Old 9th May 2011, 09:32   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Time has come for me to change the battery connected to the inverter at home. Its an 8 year old inverter (Not sure what type - but definitely not a sine-wave kind !). Have had a local battery for the last five years and it has definitely handled the chennai power cuts with ease.

My needs is mostly 2 fans and a light during power cuts. Should I change the battery alone or change it along with the inverter unit ? If battery alone, what should I look for now ? Capacity to handle 8 hrs.

thanks for your suggestion guys.
It'd be really nice if we can know, how much VA the inverter is of. Two fans and a fluorescent light means you will need 80*2 = 160 + 40 = 200W. This can be easily handled by a 400-500 VA inverter. If your current inverter is not having issues handling this load, no need to change it. Changing battery alone will increase the backup time and not the load capacity. For two fans to run night long, a 120Ah battery would be enough. Try to get a full tubular Exide. A simple logic would be to go for the battery with longest warranty period. Batteries these days, doesn't last long as the older ones. At my home town, I am using a local non tubular for the past 10 years Still getting 4-5 hours back up with 2-3 fans running.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 9th May 2011 at 09:37.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:31   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I did not know APC has a facility in Hosur. I only know of Aargee in Hosur. Even if APC had a facility in Hosur, TN, how do you expect the prices to be cheaper in KA ?
Sorry my mistake it is in Jigani Industrial Area so it is KA
Old 10th May 2011, 06:32   #280
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
It'd be really nice if we can know, how much VA the inverter is of. Two fans and a fluorescent light means you will need 80*2 = 160 + 40 = 200W. This can be easily handled by a 400-500 VA inverter. If your current inverter is not having issues handling this load, no need to change it. Changing battery alone will increase the backup time and not the load capacity. For two fans to run night long, a 120Ah battery would be enough. Try to get a full tubular Exide. A simple logic would be to go for the battery with longest warranty period. Batteries these days, doesn't last long as the older ones. At my home town, I am using a local non tubular for the past 10 years Still getting 4-5 hours back up with 2-3 fans running.
Thanks for your suggestion. Mine is a 500VA inverter. It has no issue handling this load. Will check on the full tubular exide as u suggest.
Old 11th May 2011, 01:15   #281
Senior - BHPian

I have shifted to Thoraipakkam, Chennai and now need an inverter due to frequent power cuts. Please suggest a good installer. I understand this needs constant maintainence, so after sales service is key.
Old 15th May 2011, 16:51   #282
Senior - BHPian

I got the Sukam 800 Falcon inverter at this peak season @RS.5800. But hunting for the battery. It seems during this season price is climbing like the winning seats of TMC and ADMK. Seems there is not even a single brand 150AH power BATTERY is less than Rs.11000. After a big survey landed up with Exide's STANRED 500plus for 11250 at door step.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:33   #283
BHPian

Many ads. these days for this 800/850vs inverter+100ah battery+trolley for 11k in the news papers mention the battery as Amaron Powerzone 100ah battery.

Was curious and googled and found this ad saying 100ah battery for 4k.

Any idea of this powerzone battery from Amaron/Amar raja?

The webpage says that they have designed these batteries for the rural segment and hence at a lower price point.

Wondering if anyone has explored these powerzone batteries yet for the inverter.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:46   #284
Senior - BHPian

Dear Null,
Never believe these ads. I have gone mad with the promotions and thoroughly enquired every where from the lowest point. If you go for 135AH battery to 150AH battery with 600 or 800 Inverter you will not get less than 14500.Better call everybody and tell your need and ask the quote.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:28   #285
BHPian

Hi,
I am looking for home ups solution. Following is what i got as offer so far
1) APC 850VA+Extrapower 120AH tubular (calcutta made) - 3yrs replacement warantee+free service once in 6 month+trolley - 11500

I am searching for other offers before I can finalize. Can someone tell me if the above offer is good.
Also what is the difference between SMF (sealed Maint Free) & tubular battery. I am going to keep the inverter+battery inside in living room. Thanks for help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks